Illumination Cruise Parking Question

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
Okay, I did it. I got an Illumination cruise reserved which I was told leaves from the Yacht Club marina. Now for figuring out the logistics. We are staying at PO-R.

My parents (mid 70's) will have their car with handicapped sticker.

Could they park at the Yacht Club early in the day after the WS side of Epcot opens, take the regular boat to Epcot, tour the countries, eat dinner and then back to the Yacht Club to meet the rest of us for the cruise? In other words, could they park all that time at the Yacht Club? It certainly would be a "foot" and "knee" saver for them.

Or should I drop them at Epcot and then later bring their car to the Yacht Club close to the cruise departure time.

Other suggestions would be welcome. I am assuming the rest of us will tour through Epcot via the FW entrance and then take the boat to the Yacht Club in time for the cruise and a bus from hotel to DDT and then PO-R on way home.

My suggestion is to have your parents valet park their car at the YC. There is no charge to valet park for those who have a valid handicap permit. Of course a tip is always appropriate. Shouldn't be any issues with them parking for the day if they use the valet service especially since they qualified for the handicapped permit. IMHO, it would be worth a few dollars for a tip to avoid having to look for a self-park spot and the extra walk from the lot to the marina. It's farther than you think, even if they find a handicapped spot.

Then as you suggest, your parents could take the boat to EPCOT, tour, eat and take the boat back to the YC to meet you for the cruise.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter