I want to see pictures from your Grand Floridan Photo Shoot!!!

You can have pictures taken at Magic Kingdom, at least I've heard talk of that. From the pricing I've seen, it's outrageously expensive. There are some flaws. We have a couple really good ones, and that is usually what we end up with when we pay to go to a photographer. You aren't paying $125 for the GF session, EVER. The most you pay is $50. Yes, we paid a total of $125, but that included all of the other photos that were taken at WDW for our trip. The GF was $25 for us, and it was worth that. If I'd paid much more, I agree, probably not worth that. It was 30 minutes out of our day, and it was great. If you want the perfect pictures, pay the extra and have a photo session at the Magic Kingdom that is really expensive.

I couldn't agree with this more-we went into it knowing it was a Photopass photog taking the pictures, not a "real" professional. :) Also, the session was free for us since we booked it prior to them charging for the session.

We didn't love all of them-some were too dark, some were just too plain. But like a previous poster said, anywhere we go to get pics done we aren't going to love ALL of them.

Oh and no offense taken by those that don't think the quality is good enough-I know our pictures (and the others posted) are great. lol

I am very happy with how our pictures turned out. I, too, went into the session knowing that it was not going to look like a $500 portrait session with a professional photographer, so I appreciate the shots for what they are....fun shapshots taken with a better camera than mine in a beautiful setting.

This is my favorite shot, because it was spontaneous...DS couldn't resist writing his name in the sand...
DisneyPhotoImage34.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage19.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage39.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage45.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage48.jpg

I think the pics are great. We were there from the 6-13 of October and we did buy the CD of all our pics. We decided before we left that we were not going to take the time out to do the pics at the Grand Floridian. I really wish we had now that I'm seeing more pics. We will definately have to do this next time.

I agree, as long as you know you are going into this with an amature photographer you will be ok. THese are NOT professional photographers, so just take it for what it is meant to be - a fun shoot.
I think though, it is important to note that the only way you "only" pay $25 for the shoot, is by PRE ordering the $99 CD -- if you choose not to get the CD - those pics are going to run you some serious $$..
So, if you go into it with the notion that it will be a great add on to your CD, then i think that is the way to think of it. ;)
If you are going into it, soley with the desire for a professional photo shoot,then i think you will be left disappointed..
I agree with a couple of the PP's - the photos are beautiful, but the "professionalism" isn't there - the composition, and attention to detail isn't there - but as i said, if you go into knowing this - i think it can be a GREAT add on to your photopass CD, and better yet, it will actually get YOU in some pics and away from behind the camera (where i know i always am!LOL)

OK, I'm now confused: When you order your CD, is it mailed to you after your trip? Do you get it there when you pay for it? Do you only get to "enhance" if you pre-order???

I'm planning to do this in March, I'm trying to figure all this out.

Yes, you can only "enhance" if you preorder and then it is shipped to you later..
If you go to the GF and get the CD right then, then you can't "enhance" anything, as you have the CD right then. So, you are trading "immediate" for "later enhances" i guess.. You just have to decide - can you wait for it or do you "gotta have it now"?! LOL ;)

OK, I'm now confused: When you order your CD, is it mailed to you after your trip? Do you get it there when you pay for it? Do you only get to "enhance" if you pre-order???

I'm planning to do this in March, I'm trying to figure all this out.

Go to mousesavers.com and find the discount link. Pre-order the CD. They will not send you the CD. They will give you a code in an email (not sure if you get it on the receipt or not). When you return from your trip with your photopass card (s), go to disneyphotopass.com and view your pictures. Make enhancements, crop, etc. When you add a border to a picture and then save it, it saves the one without the border, too. So, if you have 100 pictures that are taken and you add enhancements to all of them, you end up with 200 pictures. Checkout and there is a spot to add the code that you received when you pre-ordered. About a week later you will receive the actual CD and be able to print the pictures out from there.

How lax are they if you want certain pictures done in certain areas of the GF?

I am thinking of doing this as we got married there last year but our engagement pictures didn't turn out like I had hoped to our hired photographer getting there late and it getting dark outside. I reallly would like pictures on the beach with the wedding Pavilion in the background and also the castle in the background.

Ok, so did we establish, that if you PRE order the CD - the photo shoot is $25. ; and if you buy it right at the GF, it is just $125?

Ok, so did we establish, that if you PRE order the CD - the photo shoot is $25. ; and if you buy it right at the GF, it is just $125?

No, if you proof that you have already prepurchased the CD, then it is $25. Or you can pay $50 and get just your Grand Floridian pictures on a photo pass card. It doesn't give you rights to any of the pictures. You will have to purchase prints from Disney Photo Pass. The other option is to pay $125 at the time of the session and get a photo pass CD with all of your Grand Floridian pictures on it. You can also exchange that CD later in your trip to have all of your trip pictures put on it from around the parks. But you won't be able to put borders on them. Three options:

1. Pre-purchase the CD for $99 and then pay an additional $25 at the time of your session.

2. Pay $50 for the session with your photos on a photopass card.

3. Pay $125 at the time of the session and get all of your photos on a CD which can later have all of your pictures added to it.

I think option one is the best unless you don't care about making enhancements or putting borders on your pictures. #2 just doesn't make sense to me at all, since you will be wanting to buy prints and prints from Disney are expensive.

I had my GF photo shoot done on 9/28/07. I had pre-purchased the CD and brought my receipt with me. I didn't have to pay anything for the photo shoot. We ended up with 47 pics. I think it took about 20 minutes. The photographer was great. She didn't ask us if we wanted any certain pictures though. She was pretty much in control and told us where to go. She didn't do the chandelier photos or the photos on the beach with the people walking away from the camera that people have posted on this thread. I am kind of disappointed about the beach pictures, because the ones people posted are really nice. I enjoyed the session and definetly will do it again when it is offered at other hotels. After we left, my husband was wondering if we were supposed to tip the photographer since it was a private session. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Here are some of my photos:

GF4.jpg

GF3.jpg

GF2.jpg

GF1.jpg

No, if you proof that you have already prepurchased the CD, then it is $25. Or you can pay $50 and get just your Grand Floridian pictures on a photo pass card. It doesn't give you rights to any of the pictures. You will have to purchase prints from Disney Photo Pass. The other option is to pay $125 at the time of the session and get a photo pass CD with all of your Grand Floridian pictures on it. You can also exchange that CD later in your trip to have all of your trip pictures put on it from around the parks. But you won't be able to put borders on them. Three options:

1. Pre-purchase the CD for $99 and then pay an additional $25 at the time of your session.

2. Pay $50 for the session with your photos on a photopass card.

3. Pay $125 at the time of the session and get all of your photos on a CD which can later have all of your pictures added to it.

I think option one is the best unless you don't care about making enhancements or putting borders on your pictures. #2 just doesn't make sense to me at all, since you will be wanting to buy prints and prints from Disney are expensive.

Right.. that's what i said. ;)
I was just confused on the #2 option. Not sure why you would want to do that one -- seems like #1 or #3 are the best. I am such a "want it now" kinda person, but the borders would be cool to do to.. decisions... :rotfl:

Right.. that's what i said. ;)
I was just confused on the #2 option. Not sure why you would want to do that one -- seems like #1 or #3 are the best. I am such a "want it now" kinda person, but the borders would be cool to do to.. decisions... :rotfl:

Me, too, but it wasn't that long. I can't say that I used too many borders on the GF pictures, but did so on the park pictures. I have no idea why anyone would go with option two.

SmithFamily - These photos are so cute! I love one of your family on the hammock.

Me, too, but it wasn't that long. I can't say that I used too many borders on the GF pictures, but did so on the park pictures. I have no idea why anyone would go with option two.

Gotcha. :thumbsup2 I hear ya about #2, it doesn't make sense, b/c if you pay the 49.99 or whatever for the photopass card at the GF, and you don't buy the CD, then later if you want pics, it's gonna kill you $$ wise.. I am just trying to decide if i want to spend the $ and get a CD at all - we are cruising DCL in Dec. and i know i will be dropping serious $$ for those pics...
:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!