I want to see pictures from your Grand Floridan Photo Shoot!!!

Great pics - thanks for sharing.:)

Guess this is something else to add to my "things to do at WDW" list...:lmao:

Thanks for sharing your photos, I think they are great and your girls are adorable. We are supposed to have ours done tomorrow, but the forecast looks rainy all day. I just hope it stops to have some done outside!!

I love the hammock pictures and you could easily remove that lady in her bathing suit with a little "clone tool" action in any photo editing software. A few clicks and she'd be history!

Thanks for sharing. I will do this for sure on a future trip!

Here's ours from back in early October. We loved it and hope to do it again. Our photog said they were in works in getting the program expanded to more resorts (she specifically mentioned the Poly).

Enjoy! :)

image54.jpg

image47.jpg

image43.jpg

image45.jpg

image44.jpg

image37.jpg

image32-1.jpg

YEAH!!! Thanks for the pics everybody! I'm so psyched about this!!! I hope they are still doing it next fall!

Yes, I want to know how we book this too. I did read the Photopass information at stitchkingdom, but I'm still confused. If I preorder the CD I will have to pay $25 for the sitting? But if I do the sitting and pay there I pay $125. What's the difference? What is the "enhancement" feature? Do you only get that with one of the options? Can someone please clue me in. Thanks.

subscribing to learn more about this and to see some more pics.

Great pics!

Sandybobandy - too cute. I love the ones of you two walking away and then looking back.

Madi100 - you have a beautiful family! Love the outdoor pics.

Ok, my take on it is:
Either
1. Go to GF and buy the CD there, $124.00, and exchange the CD before you leave for one with ALL your photopass CD pics on it. - Essentially you are buying the photo CD that you can't make any enhancements to (like add borders etc, ) that you can otherwise do online when you are buying your photopass CD to be shipped to you. You are forfitting the enhancements b/c you are getting the CD right then.

2. Buy the 49.99 Photopass Card with all your GF pics on it, and then you can choose to add it to your photopass CD if you come home and decide to buy one . (this option doesn't make much sense to me.. seems like you are spending alot of extra $$.. Can someone explain?)

3. Pre-purchace the photopass CD before you go - and bring PROOF of prepurchase with you to the GF shoot. And then it will be $25 "sitting fee". And that's it. And then you get your $99 CD -- which basically equals the $125 cd price - only here you are able to add enhancements when you get home to your pics before you buy the CD. :)

Again, this is how i read it.

I am not totally impressed. In both lobby shots posted, someone has a chandelier growing out of their head. Seems like the photographers are told put someone here and they don't look at the full 'picture'. The ones in front of the hotel are not straight, look at the hedges, they are leaning in the photos. The photographer needs a tripod, or pay attention to the background. Several photos could benefit from some fill flash.

For $50, I would expect a little more thoroughness to the shoot, not just the 'point & shoot' that the photo pass people do in the parks.

Yes, I want to know how we book this too. I did read the Photopass information at stitchkingdom, but I'm still confused. If I preorder the CD I will have to pay $25 for the sitting? But if I do the sitting and pay there I pay $125. What's the difference? What is the "enhancement" feature? Do you only get that with one of the options? Can someone please clue me in. Thanks.

I prepurchased the photopass CD and found the discount link through Mousesavers. It cost $99 to prepurchase it. Before I left home I went called the number for making reservations. 407-824-1700. They were pretty open with times. I set up my time. What they didn't tell me was to bring proof that I already paid for the CD. So take that along.

When you arrive at the Grand Floridian, go to the second level (or stay there if you arrive by monorail). The photopass booth is right inside the doors by the monorail. Check in, and they assign you a photographer. They will walk you all over the resort, and we specifically asked for the hammock picture, which she was not going to do, but very willingly did so.

She had me pay when we were done, which I think she completely forgot about and we could have not paid. Because I prepaid we just paid $25. She actually took our other photopass card and combined it so that they were all on one card. As soon as she handed me the card, I took a picture of the back of it so I had the code in case I forgot it. For the rest of our vacation, we used that one card.

When I got home, I went to disneyphotopass.com and viewed my pictures. I just put in that code and there they all were. I added the Where Dreams Come True to them and the year on some. When you prepurchase the CD they don't send you the CD before you go. They give you a code. So, I had a code to enter at the checkout, which deducted the price of the CD and the shipping costs. A week after I made my enhancements to pictures and deleted horrid ones, I received my CD. From that CD I can order prints.

Hope this helps!

Thanks to everyone posting their pictures, they really look great, DW and I will look into doing this on the next trip, especially so, because we'll have grandchildren with us. thanks again, :thumbsup2

I am not totally impressed. In both lobby shots posted, someone has a chandelier growing out of their head. Seems like the photographers are told put someone here and they don't look at the full 'picture'. The ones in front of the hotel are not straight, look at the hedges, they are leaning in the photos. The photographer needs a tripod, or pay attention to the background. Several photos could benefit from some fill flash.

For $50, I would expect a little more thoroughness to the shoot, not just the 'point & shoot' that the photo pass people do in the parks.

We only paid $25, because we prepurchased the CD. I do not like the chandeleier picture either. I'm sure they are just trying to capture the look of the resort, but it just doesn't look very nice. However, for $25 we have some nice, RELAXING photos taken in a place that we love. While we didn't stay at the Grand Floridian and probably never will, we are in Disney World, and it's perfect for our family. For $25 we have some nice pictures that we can display. We are much in need of having pictures taken for our family, and this got the job done. The photographer was very good, and while I'm sure there are more professional and more talented it wasn't like hanidng our camera to a guest and asking them to take a few family pictures. She worked with DD, who like I said, was not being very cooperative.

I'm so glad someone said this, :eek: I was worried it was only me. I think the photos everyone posted are wonderful souveniors of their vacation, but they are NOT what I would call "professional photographer" quality. And the poses are not very inspired given the gorgeous location they have to work with. I'm slightly encouraged that several people have said they got to suggest poses/props and the photographer was willing to take those photos as well....but I'm not looking forward to having to scout the location for the photos ops I would prefer and then what...do I hand her a list, or try to make casual requests as we walk past lovely places to head for the tree hugging?

I'll probably still do this, because my girls will be all dolled up from BBB and we're having Tea at GF.....so if I can get an appt that fits in between those two events. And, I've already planned to do the photopass CD for the parks, we'll be there for a month, so heaven knows we'll fill several, lol. But...I would have to say if this was the sole reason you were paying $100 for the CD plus $25 extra for the GF shoot, it's not a good deal. I wonder how the photographer will feel if I whip out my own camera to get some pictures that are better lined up and without tree huggings and chanderlier heads?

Please...everyone that was kind enough to upload their photos, please don't take this as a flame of your photos....it most definitely is not. They are lovely photos, all of them, but they aren't what one should be expecting if they're hiring a photographer to take professional photos And if you're paying $125 you most definitely should be getting professional....I have my daughter's photos taken profesionally every year both indoors and in a park setting. And I also have their photos taken at JCPenny or Sears a couple other times a year.....and the difference is easy to spot. The JCP and Sears photos are what I'd compared these GF photos. It's Disney and the Photopass folks that I'm criticizing, not you or your family. Hopefully this program will evolve and what we're seeing is simply poorly trained, inexperienced photographers that with time will get better. New program going through growing pains.

You can have pictures taken at Magic Kingdom, at least I've heard talk of that. From the pricing I've seen, it's outrageously expensive. There are some flaws. We have a couple really good ones, and that is usually what we end up with when we pay to go to a photographer. You aren't paying $125 for the GF session, EVER. The most you pay is $50. Yes, we paid a total of $125, but that included all of the other photos that were taken at WDW for our trip. The GF was $25 for us, and it was worth that. If I'd paid much more, I agree, probably not worth that. It was 30 minutes out of our day, and it was great. If you want the perfect pictures, pay the extra and have a photo session at the Magic Kingdom that is really expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!