• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I thought Nicole Kidman had a son?

I suppose. Then again, I was falling alseep eating dinner, while sitting at the table. I was getting plenty of sleep. The call a nurse person suggested I try a pregnancy test. I think it is possible that they found out she was pregnant when they say they did. We told people right away---not everone keeps it all secret for a trimester. Even among stars. It mostly just struck me as odd to read "back in those days" about what? ten years ago, and hten it be about pregnancy tests not being able to tell early in general.:rotfl2:

I do agree though that it is very odd if he was notoriously private and then suddenly wasn't that seems very odd. I never followed him/them more than the "you can't miss it beucase it is being talked baout everywhere) amount

You are right, it is totally possible that they found out an announced immediately.

I still think what the other poster was implying is that one of two things must have been the case: either Tom was lying that they were abstinent while waiting for marriage or they truly hadn't consummated their relationship (and therefore she got pregnant from someone else).

You are right, it is totally possible that they found out an announced immediately.

I still think what the other poster was implying is that one of two things must have been the case: either Tom was lying that they were abstinent while waiting for marriage or they truly hadn't consummated their relationship (and therefore she got pregnant from someone else).

In the picture that was posted, Suri looks so much like Tom that is hard to believe he is not her biological father. Same eyebrows, eyes, smile...even their teeth are similar. The resemblance is truly remarkable.

I haven't really followed Katie and Tom all that much, but this thread has me totally intrigued.

So given all that, it sounds like she and her father were pretty much planning the divorce from the very beginning. So why did she marry him in the first place? It can't just be fore the money (although I wouldn't sneeze at $400,000 per year, Katie has her own lucrative career.) So what was the initial plan? What was her goal?

I'm betting she loved him. She even said when she was growing up she dreamed of marrying Tom Cruise. However this is real life. Her father added 1 or 2 lines to protect his daughter. Wouldn't your parent if they had a chance? Maybe her father saw the train coming down the tracks. There is a reason they say love is blind.

Everyone seems to want this great conspiracy theory. It seems to me she was in love and couldn't see the Scientology from the heart. I am betting like all of us when we realize marriage is not all unicorns and fairy farts - it became really real.

I would be sooo grateful my parent left me an escape clause for myself & my daughter.

So I never really followed all this with Tom Cruise, he's not one of my favorites, but what is the reason why he divorced Nicole in the first place?

Our family has (or rather had now, due to a divorce) a rather close 'friend of a friend'-type connection to Nicole Kidman. Tom wanted to move higher up in Scientology (and the 'church' wanted their prized recruit to as well) but was not allowed to do so and stay married to Nicole. She had turned away from Scientology, largely because it would have meant cutting off her father who was a psychologist.

At first they shared custody of the children but as they got older they chose to cut her out of their lives as the church was teaching them that she was a sociopath, etc. and likely (like Tom) telling them that they couldn't move up the ranks of Scientology and keep Nicole in their lives. She has very little to no contact with them. Isabella didn't invite her to her wedding (even though Nicole was in the same country at the time) and neither attended their grandfather's funeral.

Nicole's speech at the Emmys though referred to missing tucking her daughters into bed, etc. while filming Little Big Lies in particular; not something she'd really say about her 2 adult children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter