I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Buy doesn’t allow third-party GC purchases with Best Buy GCs. You’re using VGCs as essentially a credit or debit card. So yes, this works.

would say YMMV though... if u get the "ID" check, the cashier may not allow it...

Thanks for the replies! I thought about it some more and decided to use a referral from DH and apply for the CIP and got an instant approval! i thought for a bit about going for the new SW personal where you get the CP with just that card, but decided against it for myself after reading everyone's thoughts.

So, anyway, thanks again! I'm on my way to another 100,000 UR's (including DH's referral points)!
CONGRATS!!! :)

That's tough work. My sister (not a kid - a mom) was just diagnosed with a tumor in her brain stem (a glioma?) and whatever kind it is, its more prevalent in kids than adults. Its inoperable, but she's starting radiation and chemo and we're hoping that will give her some time (not that any of the docs have been willing/able to give her a timeline. She was at Dana Farber for a biopsy a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately she can be treated closer to home so she doesn't have to keep flying to Boston or relocate there for treatment. Feeling grateful for the excellent health resources in Boston - and she's was super grateful for the wonderful nurses she encountered during her biopsy and recovery.
I’m so sorry. :hug:

Thanks. Good to know. I think the Open House will go to will give her a lot more info and clarity on if this is something she wants to do. The only bad thing is that you take classes for 2 years and you don't even know until the end of your sophomore year if you get in to the Nursing Program. Lots more kids than available spots (which is so silly to me - seeing they always have a shortage of nurses).
We've been told that the programs are highly competitive as well. Something like only 25% of qualified applicants are accepted. That left me scratching my head since there is such a shortage...why in the world not take more applicants if they are qualified?? Apparently, it comes down to instructors for the programs. Most nurses are making so much money in clinical work that they are not willing to leave that and go be an instructor for these programs. Since there is such an instructor shortage, there is also limited program spots and the nursing shortage continues.

Ten debit purchases and $5000+ deposited in PNC (some recycled), now to wait for the bonus. Once the bonus hits I can change the account to the free version, correct? I have to look that part up again.

Is it a bad idea to do this for dh and fund it using his SW Biz to partially meet MSR? I can meet it eventually without the bank funding, just thought I could knock out two things in one maybe. Assuming, of course, opening a second PNC account at the same address is doable.

I've given up on Varo, no bonus and no referral link. I'll just leave the account open for a few months and close it. It's useless to me.

Dh and I went on a short road trip (45 min) do the closest staples besides ours. We each finished out our $500 that we could spend on our Amex cards for Disney gcs. Dh also got $100 in Airbnb. One of my cashback offers has posted from the last time we went so we’ll see how long these take
Wish I could consider 45 min a short road trip. Our grocery store is 35 min away. We go 30-45 min every day to get to stores.

Glad you were able to use up your spend hoping it credits for you

OT: Has anyone rented a car at MCO and turned it in at Disney? I know I've read you can do this but I'm not sure what to put as the drop off location. Trying to price through Costco currently.
We did this a couple of weeks ago through Alamo. They have a complimentary shuttle that took us to GF so we could monorail to MK. Great experience. I do recall not being able to book using URs though for whatever reason Chase doesn’t use the Care Center as one of their options. When I asked a Chase rep about it he said I could use use points after the fact but would miss out on any savings from the CSR portal. Had to book on the Alamo site with a card to be able to drop off at Disney.

I need some Disney money advice, not necessarily credit card but you are all so smart with this stuff. We will be there for 10 days as a party of 8. No dining plan, we do prefer to have a good amount of sit down meals. I have 6 made so far and am watching for a few more. Would it make sense for me to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass and buy Tables in Wonderland? I have been working the numbers and it appears we are close to breaking even with our sit down meals. I didn't realize TIW doesn't work for counter service so now I am second guessing if it would be a money saver for us or not.

Ten debit purchases and $5000+ deposited in PNC (some recycled), now to wait for the bonus. Once the bonus hits I can change the account to the free version, correct? I have to look that part up again.

Is it a bad idea to do this for dh and fund it using his SW Biz to partially meet MSR? I can meet it eventually without the bank funding, just thought I could knock out two things in one maybe. Assuming, of course, opening a second PNC account at the same address is doable.

I've given up on Varo, no bonus and no referral link. I'll just leave the account open for a few months and close it. It's useless to me.

Not sure about the free version, but I changed mine to the plain Virtual Wallet (with nothing) after the bonus hit, which just requires $500 to be fee-free (else $7). It was easy to do online under the "Preferences" tab. Account needs to be open 45 days before you can switch.

Yup, second account at same address is doable, assuming you opened an individual account. I have one and DH has one. He also has a separate savings - no bonus but got the $2000 credit card funding. I tried to open the savings recently but got tripped up by the identify verification questions (no idea why). :badpc:

Quick question: Can my DH refer me from his business Amex for me to get a personal Amex? Or can he refer himself?

I am considering the Hilton Aspire. I am hesitating because I started churning last year and I am 3/12, this would take me up to 4/12. DH is 2/24, but one is falling off in June. He also got 2 business cards since we started to get serious about churning last year.

Actually, another question! We are looking into dipping our toes into bank account bonuses. Are there referral links for bank accounts? Thanks!

I need some Disney money advice, not necessarily credit card but you are all so smart with this stuff. We will be there for 10 days as a party of 8. No dining plan, we do prefer to have a good amount of sit down meals. I have 6 made so far and am watching for a few more. Would it make sense for me to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass and buy Tables in Wonderland? I have been working the numbers and it appears we are close to breaking even with our sit down meals. I didn't realize TIW doesn't work for counter service so now I am second guessing if it would be a money saver for us or not.

I have had TiW at times and sometimes not. If the numbers make sense to upgrade to at least one AP I would decide that first and then decide if worth another $150 for TiW. There are some great benefits to the AP including dining. Some QS are included. Micah at Mouseperks keeps up an awesome app you can download to see available discounts for free. Other advantages of the AP might pay for itself. The memory maker and the 20% merchandise discount is what immediately comes to mind. Or even discounts to the special events like DAH or the parties.

The TiW does include valet parking at the resorts as well as alcohol. So that could help sway you too if applicable.

I first started getting an AP years ago because we were staying off site and o couldn’t handle paying for parking. But you really do have to just run the numbers. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Quick question: Can my DH refer me from his business Amex for me to get a personal Amex? Or can he refer himself?

I am considering the Hilton Aspire. I am hesitating because I started churning last year and I am 3/12, this would take me up to 4/12. DH is 2/24, but one is falling off in June. He also got 2 business cards since we started to get serious about churning last year.

A1: yes. either way works. DH can refer you and refer himself. I did this twice already. As long as its not a co brand though. ie SPG can only refer SPG. (i cannot confirm Hilton though). Amex cards (ie amex plat, amex bbp can refer to any cards). Your best bet though is to find which card that gives u the highest referral bonus and refer. i believe the business gold card is 20k, BBP and Amex Plat Biz are 15k.

A2: unless u still care about chase, go get your hilton aspire. if u care about chase, go for a chase card first... your DH should be good with chase cards for awhile though.

Oh Hyatt, why?? We like you...

(too lazy to screen shot etc)

Hyatt‏Verified account @Hyatt 1m1 minute ago
Heading to London? See why @thepointsguy recommends two hotels available from World of Hyatt: http://spr.ly/6013E3zZ5

im still sitting here wondering if i should apply... i think i reach the max credit limit chase will offer, but im willing to give up my marriott premier for it atm. waiting for it to hit 1 year(this month), cancel and apply... but dunno how long the 60k link will last... UGH!

Are you staying on-site? Will you purchase Memory Maker? How many souvenirs do you purchase? Do you consume alcoholic beverages?

An AP will get you potential AP resort rates, free unlimited PhotoPass downloads, and currently 20% in most gift shops. An AP will save you 10% at a lot of TS meals without even having to purchasing TiW. If you have signature meals, character buffets, and drink alcohol, TiW will probably work in your favor. Some resort QS like Landscape of Flavors (AoA) and park QS like Flame Tree BBQ (AK) will also take TiW. Just note that TiW will not work on special packages like the Fantasmic! dinner package or Rivers of Light dinner package.

I have always broken even and saved additional money by having TiW.

im still sitting here wondering if i should apply... i think i reach the max credit limit chase will offer, but im willing to give up my marriott premier for it atm. waiting for it to hit 1 year(this month), cancel and apply... but dunno how long the 60k link will last... UGH!

I'm waiting to get 4/24 when my hyatt falls off in April so I can get another UR card just to transfer to Hyatt. I'm glad I got the AS personal again for the miles, especially since they just made it unchurnable, but it put me at 5/24 for a bit. But I think once I get one chase biz I'll move on to others and work on MR's and hilton.

It might be worth it to upgrade but you’ll have to check the math. What is the price difference between your 10 day ticket and an AP? TIW is great but only if you are actually saving money with it. Remember that you have to spend $750 on meals to start saving. Add that to the cost to upgrade to an AP and then start factoring in about how much you think you will save on dining and other discounted purchases as a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter