I love credit cards so much!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by FairestOfThemAll37, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

Thanks! Thats not bad at all. Easiest money I've ever made.

2. wendow

wendow We create happiness.

I'm so sorry to hear this :hug: I cannot even imagine going through something like this with an adult or child.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

This is why I never use babysitters. Ouch! I think HS kids around here get 15-18 like @wendow’s girls but I have only used my friends daughter and usually just give her $20 for an hour or so.

That’s not the case in Chicago. It’s closer to twice that plus shift differential plus time and a half and incentive for holiday. However the hospital I work at is (was? Not sure, we were just bought out) requiring all nurses to have a BSN by 2020 or some future date (I’m not a nurse). What it’s actually doing is encouraging more nurses to move towards being a nurse practitioner and leaving bedside nursing so I think it’s gonna backfire and by 2020, more nurses will be leaving than staying once they have a BSN

5. Mopedmom1

Mopedmom1 DIS Veteran

I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer when the CSR will fall off, now or the end of the month, but when it does you will be 3/24. The CIP is a biz card and doesn't count against your numbers.

CoP Luv likes this.
  6. Albort

Albort ODV Crew

would say YMMV though... if u get the "ID" check, the cashier may not allow it...

7. SouthFayetteFan

SouthFayetteFan Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006

CONGRATS!!! :)

tink1970 likes this.
  8. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

I’m so sorry. :hug:

Tikitoi and tink1970 like this.
  9. wendow

wendow We create happiness.

We've been told that the programs are highly competitive as well. Something like only 25% of qualified applicants are accepted. That left me scratching my head since there is such a shortage...why in the world not take more applicants if they are qualified?? Apparently, it comes down to instructors for the programs. Most nurses are making so much money in clinical work that they are not willing to leave that and go be an instructor for these programs. Since there is such an instructor shortage, there is also limited program spots and the nursing shortage continues.

kidsfirsttrip likes this.
  10. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

True. As always, YMMV.

11. snugglebug

snugglebug DIS Veteran

Ten debit purchases and $5000+ deposited in PNC (some recycled), now to wait for the bonus. Once the bonus hits I can change the account to the free version, correct? I have to look that part up again.

Is it a bad idea to do this for dh and fund it using his SW Biz to partially meet MSR? I can meet it eventually without the bank funding, just thought I could knock out two things in one maybe. Assuming, of course, opening a second PNC account at the same address is doable.

I've given up on Varo, no bonus and no referral link. I'll just leave the account open for a few months and close it. It's useless to me.

speedyfishy and wanderlust7 like this.
  12. 3 DD love princesses

3 DD love princesses DIS Veteran

Wish I could consider 45 min a short road trip. Our grocery store is 35 min away. We go 30-45 min every day to get to stores.

Glad you were able to use up your spend hoping it credits for you

Haley R and wendow like this.
  13. snugglebug

snugglebug DIS Veteran

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  14. DrFacilier

DrFacilier DIS Veteran

We did this a couple of weeks ago through Alamo. They have a complimentary shuttle that took us to GF so we could monorail to MK. Great experience. I do recall not being able to book using URs though for whatever reason Chase doesn’t use the Care Center as one of their options. When I asked a Chase rep about it he said I could use use points after the fact but would miss out on any savings from the CSR portal. Had to book on the Alamo site with a card to be able to drop off at Disney.

wendow likes this.
  15. mamathompson

mamathompson Mouseketeer

I need some Disney money advice, not necessarily credit card but you are all so smart with this stuff. We will be there for 10 days as a party of 8. No dining plan, we do prefer to have a good amount of sit down meals. I have 6 made so far and am watching for a few more. Would it make sense for me to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass and buy Tables in Wonderland? I have been working the numbers and it appears we are close to breaking even with our sit down meals. I didn't realize TIW doesn't work for counter service so now I am second guessing if it would be a money saver for us or not.

16. wanderlust7

wanderlust7 DIS Veteran

Not sure about the free version, but I changed mine to the plain Virtual Wallet (with nothing) after the bonus hit, which just requires $500 to be fee-free (else $7). It was easy to do online under the "Preferences" tab. Account needs to be open 45 days before you can switch.

Yup, second account at same address is doable, assuming you opened an individual account. I have one and DH has one. He also has a separate savings - no bonus but got the $2000 credit card funding. I tried to open the savings recently but got tripped up by the identify verification questions (no idea why). :badpc:

snugglebug and miztressuz like this.
  17. LB002

LB002 Earning My Ears

Quick question: Can my DH refer me from his business Amex for me to get a personal Amex? Or can he refer himself?

I am considering the Hilton Aspire. I am hesitating because I started churning last year and I am 3/12, this would take me up to 4/12. DH is 2/24, but one is falling off in June. He also got 2 business cards since we started to get serious about churning last year.

18. LB002

LB002 Earning My Ears

Actually, another question! We are looking into dipping our toes into bank account bonuses. Are there referral links for bank accounts? Thanks!

19. afan

afan DIS Veteran

20. kmc8826

kmc8826 DIS Veteran

I have had TiW at times and sometimes not. If the numbers make sense to upgrade to at least one AP I would decide that first and then decide if worth another $150 for TiW. There are some great benefits to the AP including dining. Some QS are included. Micah at Mouseperks keeps up an awesome app you can download to see available discounts for free. Other advantages of the AP might pay for itself. The memory maker and the 20% merchandise discount is what immediately comes to mind. Or even discounts to the special events like DAH or the parties.

The TiW does include valet parking at the resorts as well as alcohol. So that could help sway you too if applicable.

I first started getting an AP years ago because we were staying off site and o couldn’t handle paying for parking. But you really do have to just run the numbers. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

21. Albort

Albort ODV Crew

A1: yes. either way works. DH can refer you and refer himself. I did this twice already. As long as its not a co brand though. ie SPG can only refer SPG. (i cannot confirm Hilton though). Amex cards (ie amex plat, amex bbp can refer to any cards). Your best bet though is to find which card that gives u the highest referral bonus and refer. i believe the business gold card is 20k, BBP and Amex Plat Biz are 15k.

A2: unless u still care about chase, go get your hilton aspire. if u care about chase, go for a chase card first... your DH should be good with chase cards for awhile though.

LB002, tink1970 and wanderlust7 like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.