I love credit cards so much!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by FairestOfThemAll37, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckyMamaInDE

LuckyMamaInDE DIS Veteran

I am so sorry :hug: I hope she will have much quality time with you and the family.

2. kidsfirsttrip

kidsfirsttrip DIS Veteran

So cool so many nurses on here!

Oh no I’m so sorry. Yes we see a lot of brainstem gliomas some more aggressive than others. I’m glad she got good care and I hope she is responsive to the treatments.
    yes it’s s very big sad place sometimes. It definitely opens your eyes to how lucky we are!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. kidsfirsttrip

Awe thanks. But you guys still get your tough situations and in some ways it’s almost worse because it’s completely and utterly unexpected.

5. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

:faint: wwwhhhaattttt????? If I worked full time I'd make about $60k....if I was lucky!

linzjane88 and gottalovepluto like this.
  6. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear this. I lost my cousin (who was my age and more like a sister to me) when we were 23, but that was a glioblastoma, which is just awful. I hope they can help your sister. My dear friend's husband was diagnosed with a brain stem malignant tumor 20 years ago and they said it was a childhood tumor (he wasn't a child) but that they could give him much more radiation than they could a child. It worked and he's still around, cancer free. Sending hugs. :hug:

7. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

It is ADN or BSN...associates degree in nursing or bachelors of science in nursing. They all end up as RNs...registered nurses...meaning they took the exact same licensing exams after graduating, the NCLEX. BSN is the push now. Some really old RNs are diploma prepared but still took the NCLEX for their license as well. Funny thing is you don't make any more money if you do a bachelors vs an associates (at least here), but it is more school at $25k/year or whatever your college charges...and you take the same board exam.

8. kidsfirsttrip

I know a coworker came to us from Vanderbilt and doubled her salary! That’s factoring in some OT and holiday pay but yeah

9. CoP Luv

CoP Luv DIS Veteran

I looked at my statements and was counting the net amount after any returns, credits...and tallied up my statement balances for the two months that I have had the card and it was short about $600. So with only purchases (not credits or AF) I am over about $700, but the net amount is still under $5k by about a few hundred. I am keep using the card so I am not worried about my MR, but I thought the math was a little odd.

SouthFayetteFan likes this.
  10. SBWB48

SBWB48 DIS Veteran

@Alexle2007 Plenty of DPs as well over on r/churning, but in case you need one here :)

1/6 - Purchased two $200 SW GCs with my Plat and Biz Plat
    1/7 - Both charges posted
    1/10 - Reimbursement post date
    1/11 - Saw the reimbursement with a 1/10 post date

kidsfirsttrip and gottalovepluto like this.
  11. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Dh and I went on a short road trip (45 min) do the closest staples besides ours. We each finished out our $500 that we could spend on our Amex cards for Disney gcs. Dh also got $100 in Airbnb. One of my cashback offers has posted from the last time we went so we’ll see how long these take

12. 1st*toright

1st*toright DIS Veteran

Thanks very much for the words of encouragement. She starts treatment next week, and we hope she will tolerate treatment well and that it will be effective. Not getting much hope for eradication from the docs, goal seems to just slow it down if possible. Hoping for lots more time with her and best case some improvement in her symptoms. Its a lot to take in.

13. ski_mom

ski_mom DIS Veteran

Sorry for the late response (and not a great one at that), but I'm honestly not sure. At that time, work was long hours and stressful and I just did it and didn't worry about it. I did get hte points though!

14. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

My direct deposit hit my new Chase checking account and my Disney debit card came in the mail (not like I will ever use the debit card, but its cute).

Bank accounts were opened on Sunday and the bonus requirements are done in less than a week. Now to wait (im)patiently for the bonuses to post.

15. ski_mom

ski_mom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies! I thought about it some more and decided to use a referral from DH and apply for the CIP and got an instant approval! i thought for a bit about going for the new SW personal where you get the CP with just that card, but decided against it for myself after reading everyone's thoughts.

So, anyway, thanks again! I'm on my way to another 100,000 UR's (including DH's referral points)!

16. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

Wait I thought Best Buy didn’t allow GC purchase with GC. So VGC to GC is ok?

17. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

Best Buy doesn’t allow third-party GC purchases with Best Buy GCs. You’re using VGCs as essentially a credit or debit card. So yes, this works.

18. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

Not sure about United but for AA it’s often preferable to book one way because flights are released by date. I always book the outgoing flight first then the flight back when it opens later. If I wait some of the cheaper award rates are gone for the outgoing flight by the time the return flight booking opens

tink1970, Lain, mmmears and 1 other person like this.
  19. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Tues (might be afternoon!) should be your day!

miztressuz and PolyRob like this.
  20. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

My shiny new Hyatt card arrived in the mail today (ok, it's kind of blah gray and plastic). Thanks to everyone who chimed in regarding this card. :goodvibes

alryan, Jaime4004, WVMomof3 and 9 others like this.
  21. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

Great idea!

DrFacilier and kidsfirsttrip like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.