I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

You can link them using the App, I can't remember if you have to do it from your personal or business account but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out using google. I haven't encountered any downsides, all the cards will appear in your business login, you won't see the business cards in your personal login. I have 6 business cards and 5 personal cards.
Thank you! It’s encouraging to hear other people have done it and it hasn’t been a problem. I did see the option to do it in the login with my business accounts, so am planning to link the accounts for both myself and DH.

How long has this been the case? A few years ago, I was able to book the HK Disneyland hotels via the Chase portal.
I'm not sure about International but in the US it has been. Since 2018 I believe is when the change occurred.
Originally when the CSR debut you could book there but then they changed the portal to be run by Expedia and even though Chase bought the company that ran the portal before you still can't book Disney (World/Land/Cruise)

My Barclays AA biz card has turned into a nightmare. I never received a statement, so I called on Saturday and the automated response said my payment was due on Friday. I had to call Barclays again to get their mailing info so I could set them up to be paid from my Chase account. The Barclays CSR agreed to waive the interest charge on the account since I never received a statement.

Today I get a call from Barclays saying that my account is in arrears -- I tell them that it was paid in full on the 20th (and confirmed on the Chase website that I did in fact pay it). Barclays assured me that the payment had not been received. I then called Chase and the CSR tells me that the automated payment that was put through my bank account was rejected by Barclays today (does it really take 3 days in the age of computers for a payment to be rejected?) and that Chase would be issuing a cheque, mailing it today and Barclays should have by the 27th. I'm like, what? How does Chase not know that Barclays doesn't take payments online and why would it take 3 days for them to figure that out? Chase refuses to take any accountability and instead recommends that I set up bills to be paid 14 days in advance of the due date to avoid this happening again or give Barclays access to my bank account so they can take funds when payment is due (no way that's happening as this card was strictly for the SUB, which has been met, plus no one has access to my bank account but me). I'm very frustrated as I never miss a credit card payment (as long as I receive a statement and usually even if I don't). Will Barclays ding my credit score?
I had issues with both my AA biz and JB biz payments recently. Ally sent checks in what should have been plenty of time but Barclay took a really long time to post the payments. Both got late fees. Thankfully I was able to get them reversed. The csr recommended I set up autopay. I prefer a more hands on approach and generally pay my accounts twice a month, but I may just set up autopay for Barclay to prevent this in the future. I won't be using them much now anyway since I've met the spends.

I'll be happy when hockey tryouts are over. I had a coach reach out to talk to me about the rumors he'd heard about my son. He heard he was kicked off the team for punching a teammate! I was FLOORED hearing this. What adult spreads lies like that. He had 4 coaches on that team. 2 just offered him a spot on their new team, 1 got him a spot on his current team, so that kinda only leaves 1 as the person spreading this lie! His one former coach said he will happily vouch for my son. I swear, it's all insane! Oh and on the hockey note, Amex did refund his stick! WOOOO!

I know that I'm late to the TS concert table, but dd has told me that "she'd sell her left kidney" to see a TS concert this summer. I tried to get on a pre-sale list (LOL) and tried to access TM on the day of ticket sales (bigger LOL). Sooo, my questions is this: is there any way to get TS tickets to a weekend concert this summer without selling an internal organ? I looked on StubHub and the cheapest pair of tickets were $700 and change each (in the nosebleed section), then I'd have to pay for hotel (airfare should be possible with points depending on city). We are fairly flexible with cities, would just need to be a weekend since dd will be working M-F. Any advice (I know it's pretty much hopeless at this point, but I'm open to suggestions)?

Thank you. This makes me feel better. If Chase had called me and told me that their electronic payment was returned I would've made an exception and given Barclays my Chase bank info because I'm paranoid about taking a credit hit. Now I'm worried about their check getting lost in the mail. I didn't even know that people, let alone businesses, sent paper checks in the mail these days. I'm old-ish and I don't even have a blank check to fill out to send to someone.
If you're willing to drive, tickets were dipping before the shows last weekend. I think the cheap seats got to $200. My BF got 6 seats and sold 3. He was freaking out and dropped the price crazy low, LOL. He is holding 3 for my daughter possibly. He may sell 2. But he did make all his money back. Issue is, face value was like $330 for the tickets he has. It's not a cheap show!

I've been looking for a path to Wynn - can you talk me through that? My plan is Wyndham - Ceasars; where is Wynn on the path you describe above? thanks!
So I don't think you get status w/ Wynn. But you do get 2 free nights apparently. This group describes how to do the match....It requires going to Atlantic City. We figure we'll make it a day date, LOL. https://www.facebook.com/groups/10xtravel/posts/3040074396299474/

The key is to find flights that are not “web specials.” I looked at those dates, and yes they are 22.5k, but those are web specials. AA is tricky like that. It’s tedious, but you have to click on all the 22.5k dates find the non-stop and click to see if it’s a web special or main cabin. If it says 22.5k and its main cabin it will be available with Avios. They are tricky to find, and August could be difficult. I found flights around late June and 4th of July when I was searching last month.
Ohhhhh OK. I defintely was not clicking on each date!

One more (hopefully the last... I'm so sorry) question... when I click, where does it say it's a Web Special?? I clicked on several different ones and all I am seeing is something like this. (I could be blind)

1679577652565.png

DL tickets have actually been showing for a few weeks as an option. It’s actually what prompted me to book my entire DL trip. Now it’s gone, except for this NZ residents thing.

I’m wondering if it’s coming back, or if I need to cancel my hotel, flights, etc. 😔
I'm sorry, that's so frustrating. Before you cancel everything, is it worth it to cash out the points at 1 cpp and perhaps buy via a reseller (I don't know much about DL)? Or is PYB an option at 1.25 cpp? Both of these options aren't as mentally straightforward as just buying through the portal, but you're essentially swapping "cash" for points and then you use that "cash" towards the DL tickets, purchased anywhere.

We’re looking at going to Toronto instead of Seattle now because it’s a lot closer and we have more flight options. Does anyone have any areas they recommend staying in or things to do with a 3 year old? We’re looking at probably going in September after Labor Day hoping it’ll be less busy.

We will most likely do a day trip down to Niagara.
Are you planning on renting a car? What kind of things do you like to do? Toronto Zoo is AMAZING and would take at least a full day; your ds would probably love Hanna Barbera Land at Canada's Wonderland, which would also require a full day (both of these are in the suburbs and would def require a car), there's also Ripley's Aquarium (highly recommend -- it's excellent). Parking at downtown hotels is expensive, so not sure if you're comfortable staying in the suburbs (which I'd probably recommend as hotels will also cost much less) to pay less for parking and potentially taking transit (which isn't great, but doable). Niagara Falls isn't my fav place, but it's a tourist magnet, if you go would recommend leaving early on a weekend morning to avoid the incessant traffic snarls going there and coming back. There's a Great Wolf Lodge near Niagara, which families seem to love (I've never been to one), so you could visit Niagara Falls, stay overnight at GWL, then head to Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is an area I really like. There are so many area of Toronto (Beaches, Yorkville - my fav, downtown, Distillery District), vibe of each is different. How long are you planning on staying? In terms of which suburb I'd lean towards to stay, I'd say Markham as it's central but north. Nothing to do in Markham, but you'd be fairly well positioned to visit the Zoo, Wonderland and hit the highway to go into the city (I should mention that you will have to deal with traffic going into the city if you stay in the suburbs, but you'll be saving significant money).

Last edited:
I need help from all you Europe travelling peeps.... Leaving in May. Two nights in Rome, then a cruise that goes to different ports in Italy, Greece and Turkey - ending up in Athens with a few nights there.

Everything is booked - including all Transportation and all Tours/Drivers. We booked all the tours as private tours, just for the 7 of us going. All of them have requested to be paid in Cash Euros at the time of the transportation/tour.

So, trying to figure out how many Euros to get in total with some extra. Will use credit cards for what we can.

I know tipping is different but should we still expect to tip like 20% on our private tours and private drivers?

At the stop we have in Santorini we have a tour and the owner of the tour company is also a photographer. So, we have hired her to "take family photos" - when in reality she is being hired to capture the proposal of my son and his girlfriend. Everyone knows the real reason, except the girlfriend thinks it is family photos. Do we tip her also - and if so, 20%??

So clueless about all of this and trying not to stress... but that is not working very well!!

I need help from all you Europe travelling peeps.... Leaving in May. Two nights in Rome, then a cruise that goes to different ports in Italy, Greece and Turkey - ending up in Athens with a few nights there.

Everything is booked - including all Transportation and all Tours/Drivers. We booked all the tours as private tours, just for the 7 of us going. All of them have requested to be paid in Cash Euros at the time of the transportation/tour.

So, trying to figure out how many Euros to get in total with some extra. Will use credit cards for what we can.

I know tipping is different but should we still expect to tip like 20% on our private tours and private drivers?

At the stop we have in Santorini we have a tour and the owner of the tour company is also a photographer. So, we have hired her to "take family photos" - when in reality she is being hired to capture the proposal of my son and his girlfriend. Everyone knows the real reason, except the girlfriend thinks it is family photos. Do we tip her also - and if so, 20%??

So clueless about all of this and trying not to stress... but that is not working very well!!

I use 10% as a rule of thumb in Europe - with a little more for excellent service. Based on what I have seen many others do on tours in Europe - I think even at 10% you will be way above the average.

I use 10% as a rule of thumb in Europe - with a little more for excellent service. Based on what I have seen many others do on tours in Europe - I think even at 10% you will be way above the average.
Thank You. Hard to get my mindset away from the minimum 20% - wasn't sure if it mattered that we had hired all private tour guides and drivers.

Has anyone done any of the Hilton timeshare deals? I got an email for one, $149 for 3 nights, plus 100,000 points. We are planning to go to Orlando at some point late summer/early fall, and I like the fact that Orlando is one of the options. Plus 100K points doesn't seem too shabby. We've never done a Hilton one. We don't have a problem saying no repeatedly to high pressure sales, and not interested in purchasing. It'd be solely for the cheap stay/points.

Any feedback on this offer, or their timeshare deals in general? Anyone done one in Orlando? There are several options in Orlando - SeaWorld Orlando, Tuscany Village, Las Palmeras or Parc Soleil. Not sure if you get to pick, has anyone stayed at any of these?

Avios... since I have zero AA points (I had about 2K but they expired). Does that make a difference in what I can see?
No, it's just that you are spending a lot of time on the AA site, which is sort of nice because it has the full month calendar view. But it sounds like you have specific dates in mind. I would just use the British Airways site or another avios site because then you'll see how many AVIOS that flight will cost, which is what really matters to you.

I've heard there have been some instances of phantom award space showing up on avios sites. But since you already have avios in your account (you aren't transferring them) it shouldn't pose a problem for you. I just wouldn't transfer more points in unless you confirm over the phone award availability exists.

That same date you searched for AA showed up on BA for 13k avios. Looks like you might have a trip ahead of you!!! Yay!

Has anyone done any of the Hilton timeshare deals? I got an email for one, $149 for 3 nights, plus 100,000 points. We are planning to go to Orlando at some point late summer/early fall, and I like the fact that Orlando is one of the options. Plus 100K points doesn't seem too shabby. We've never done a Hilton one. We don't have a problem saying no repeatedly to high pressure sales, and not interested in purchasing. It'd be solely for the cheap stay/points.

Any feedback on this offer, or their timeshare deals in general? Anyone done one in Orlando? There are several options in Orlando - SeaWorld Orlando, Tuscany Village, Las Palmeras or Parc Soleil. Not sure if you get to pick, has anyone stayed at any of these?
I'd like to know too - my sister one scheduled for Park City, and I'm concerned that they won't release her at 2 hours, or there's some other catch besides the 2 hour presentation. Shes successfully survived one with another company, so I'm sure she can keep saying no:-)

Or is PYB an option at 1.25 cpp? Both of these options aren't as mentally straightforward as just buying through the portal, but you're essentially swapping "cash" for points and then you use that "cash" towards the DL tickets, purchased anywhere.
@MarBee This is a great idea to recoup some of the cost that @FreeDiningFanatic mentioned.
If you have CSR PYB is offering the 1.25 back on Groceries where you can get Disney Gift cards and buy tickets with those. I did this for a bunch of gift cards during the pandamic when it was offered at 1.5. Obviously this is not as good as 1.5 but still better than a straight 1 cent per point!!

I'd like to know too - my sister one scheduled for Park City, and I'm concerned that they won't release her at 2 hours, or there's some other catch besides the 2 hour presentation. Shes successfully survived one with another company, so I'm sure she can keep saying no:-)
Me 3!! I'd love to know. It can't be as bad as IHG lol

DL tickets have actually been showing for a few weeks as an option. It’s actually what prompted me to book my entire DL trip. Now it’s gone, except for this NZ residents thing.

I’m wondering if it’s coming back, or if I need to cancel my hotel, flights, etc. 😔

The prices I'm seeing on the Chase portal look higher than direct with Disney. You can save even more by buying from Undercover Tourist. You may not miss out on much with a straight cash out at 1 cent per point or the 1.25 Pay Yourself Back with gas/groceries if you have a CSR.

For example, I'm seeing $409 for a 3 day non-hopper on the portal. That would be about 32720 URs with a CSP and 27300 with a CSR. But the Undercover Tourist price is only $340. If you have a CSP and do a pure cash out at 1 cpp, you would only need 34000 URs, so difference is not much. If you have a CSR and PYB groceries, you would need to do 27,200 to cover that amount, also not a big difference.

I hope you're able to keep your trip. :)

Me 3!! I'd love to know. It can't be as bad as IHG lol
We did one in Orlando. 100 k points is great, we got 30k maybe.
We stayed at Tuscany Village which was nice. Presentation is at Parc Soleil though and you have to get yourself there. Tuscany village was good, close to outlet mall and Publix. Not close to Disney (we took Uber/Lyft everywhere from here).
Presentation is maybe a bit different from other timeshares, they sell points not "timeshares" and they bring in C level celeb (in our case former pro footballer) for the first part, then you have an agent give you a tour and then sit down for the sales pitch. There was no getting out early (you forfeit your points if you do.) We may have gone a few minutes over 2 hours but not much IIRC. When you say no to the sales pitch, they will get the manager to make a final hard push. We just kept saying no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter