I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember reading about it but I also don't remember seeing it as an option for sale. Has anyone tried buying the disney + year long thing at shop dinsey with a disney gc? I'm almost at my renewal date, wondering if this is a way to try and save a little. It's also in targets add.

Shop disney is also 10% back today at top cash back. Maybe I need to be the dp I want to see, since I will hit my plat retention this weekend thanks to being able to put our shared xmas gift (outdoor security cam to tie into our security system) on it and chest xrays for Dude today. He's been breathing kinda funny a couple of times in the past week and once over the summer. He's 15, not that he acts it and vet says he's in good shape for his age. The vet said they looked good, so nothing major is on them, so we'll see what the radiologist says. And I'll submit it to his ins and get some back after deductible.

ETA - Nevermind should have read the fine print first, I'd have to make a new account to use it -- *Card may be redeemed by new Disney+ subscribers only, cannot be added to an existing subscription.

I can't remember reading about it but I also don't remember seeing it as an option for sale. Has anyone tried buying the disney + year long thing at shop dinsey with a disney gc? I'm almost at my renewal date, wondering if this is a way to try and save a little. It's also in targets add.

Shop disney is also 10% back today at top cash back. Maybe I need to be the dp I want to see, since I will hit my plat retention this weekend thanks to being able to put our shared xmas gift (outdoor security cam to tie into our security system) on it and chest xrays for Dude today. He's been breathing kinda funny a couple of times in the past week and once over the summer. He's 15, not that he acts it and vet says he's in good shape for his age. The vet said they looked good, so nothing major is on them, so we'll see what the radiologist says. And I'll submit it to his ins and get some back after deductible.

ETA - Nevermind should have read the fine print first, I'd have to make a new account to use it -- *Card may be redeemed by new Disney+ subscribers only, cannot be added to an existing subscription.
My Disney + says 69.99 /year, so this doesn't sound like a savings? Maybe I'm confused. Plus I have a year left anyway on my original 3 year subscription.

My Disney + says 69.99 /year, so this doesn't sound like a savings? Maybe I'm confused. Plus I have a year left anyway on my original 3 year subscription.

The price went up, I had only done 1 year. Yours will go up next year if/when you renew.

happy news I’ve upgraded my Hilton card and now have a second Aspire. Super excited about that!

View attachment 624653
Love the cute picture of you two!

We have happy Aspire news, too. I just referred DH and he was instantly approved. Yay! Now we have two, and it will be nice to have the extra $250 airline credit for 2021 since I believe it's by calendar year. I will miss the $20 per month on food though. That one was super easy to use. I'm really surprised how much I like the Aspire--and the Diamond status that comes along with it. We easily use the resort credit on our Kulana membership at Grand Wailea, and the airline credits are great for Southwest.

Which brings me to the frustrating churning news of the week. I applied for the SW priority card the same day as DH applied for the Aspire and no immediate approval even though I used the same info as him and I haven't applied for any cards this year and no chase cards in 24 months easily. Hopefully I'll be approved or I will never hear the end of it from DH, who insists his approvals are because he has the y chromosome :) It's actually not always funny, as I do think there is something there. Anyway, hopefully they will approve without a call.

Ensuite bathroom, 50 square feet.

So the ceiling fan was my arch nemesis. The blown insulation, enlarging the whole, duct work and wiring pushed me over the edge. And sadly, I'm going to have to uninstall and install a new faucet. I cannot stand the water marks. And it's supposed to be anti-tarnish, but it definitely looks like tarnish to me. Gold faucets are really hard to come by in a 4 inch centerset.
Love love love all the gold!!! Definitely brought the bathrooms into the year 2021! 🤩

We have happy Aspire news, too. I just referred DH and he was instantly approved. Yay! Now we have two, and it will be nice to have the extra $250 airline credit for 2021 since I believe it's by calendar year.

I should figure this out. It should work like the plat credit right? I wish I knew when I was going to go to AZ in March or DLR in November. I don't know if it's better to book something for March and then if I end up not going, needing to change it, cancel it and get the ecredit and then I can use it for DLR. Stupid MLB and the lockout making things difficult.

Seems like the kind of deal that would only be worth it if you were already planning on booking a cash-only vacation north of $7,000. 75k Delta miles is worth between $750-$950. Take the free miles if you were already spending that much, but it's hard to evaluate it as a "deal" since most vacations for this crowd are subsidized by points to greatly reduce out of pocket costs.
Thanks for the reply @Arcades. That makes sense. I was thinking if I got a package for $1500, used the Amex plat offer that took $200 of and got 2,000 points back, that could be decent. It still doesn't make sense if I don't have a trip in mind. Also, Go Blue!

I should figure this out. It should work like the plat credit right? I wish I knew when I was going to go to AZ in March or DLR in November. I don't know if it's better to book something for March and then if I end up not going, needing to change it, cancel it and get the ecredit and then I can use it for DLR. Stupid MLB and the lockout making things difficult.
Yep, at least my Aspire has. i already picked SWA for him :)

So my player two has a statement close day of the first of the month on SW Chase card and the points post on the second.....is it fair to know spend away for next year companion pass right since the next statement will close 1/1/22 and the points will not post until 1/2/22?

Crazy busy at work this week lots of backreading to get to later.

Hello everyone! Happy holidays. Other than a store card I’ve only had one credit card for almost 7 years. WF upgraded me to the Active card last week and I just accepted Chase’s pre approval offer for the Freedom Unlimited. Will accepting my Capital One pre approval offer next week hurt my score? It’s just for the secured card.
My score always drops temporarily when I get new cards. Are you saying that Chase just approved you for the Freedom Unlimited? Why do you want the CapOne secured card? If you're new to the benefits of getting multiple cards, I suggest researching the best offers and then mapping out a plan for applications. Timing/spacing is very important, especially with Chase, and you don't want to "waste" any chances of getting high-value cards in the near future.

Hello everyone! Happy holidays. Other than a store card I’ve only had one credit card for almost 7 years. WF upgraded me to the Active card last week and I just accepted Chase’s pre approval offer for the Freedom Unlimited. Will accepting my Capital One pre approval offer next week hurt my score? It’s just for the secured card.
Your score will drop for a few months because you dropped your average age of accounts and time since new account. Then it will go up since you now have more than three revolving accounts that the scoring matrices look at for maximum scoring.

I agree with @happ why do you want the Capital One Secured? If you have a WF Active and a new Chase Freedom Unlimited there is no reason I can think of why a Capital One Secured would make sense.

So my player two has a statement close day of the first of the month on SW Chase card and the points post on the second.....is it fair to know spend away for next year companion pass right since the next statement will close 1/1/22 and the points will not post until 1/2/22?

Yes, you should be good to spend.

I placed a GoPuff order on Wednesday, total was $15 including tip for some B&J ice cream and some fruit gushers. The Chase credit already posted, so I got ice cream and candy delivered to my house for $5.

I think I will keep using the credit, we have 6 Chase cards that have the benefit.

Thanks for the reply @Arcades. That makes sense. I was thinking if I got a package for $1500, used the Amex plat offer that took $200 of and got 2,000 points back, that could be decent. It still doesn't make sense if I don't have a trip in mind. Also, Go Blue!

Yeah, I would only do something like that if you had a trip in mind and had a larger MSR that you needed the extra spending to hit. The difference in the higher sign up bonus (that you otherwise wouldn't have enough organic spending to reach) might make something like that combination worthwhile. Go Blue!

Sounds like perfect timing to me!

I placed a GoPuff order on Wednesday, total was $15 including tip for some B&J ice cream and some fruit gushers. The Chase credit already posted, so I got ice cream and candy delivered to my house for $5.

I think I will keep using the credit, we have 6 Chase cards that have the benefit.
I’m just going to fuss up and say I initially missed the “&” and thought what the heck.

Time to get out of the gutter.

Is anyone else's bonus tracker on Chase not working? I've been using PayPal to buy a lot of Christmas presents and when I go into the website I have been getting 5% on these purchases but the tracker isn't showing any movement. It does show the category as activated. It's not a huge deal but I wanted to see where I was in terms of maxing it out without manually adding all my purchases up.

Is anyone else's bonus tracker on Chase not working? I've been using PayPal to buy a lot of Christmas presents and when I go into the website I have been getting 5% on these purchases but the tracker isn't showing any movement. It does show the category as activated. It's not a huge deal but I wanted to see where I was in terms of maxing it out without manually adding all my purchases up.

There's a tracker? Guessing online only since I don't see it on the app, which you can tell I pretty much do everything on the app :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter