I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so frustrated today. 7 phone calls from California number saying they’re canceling my social. I’ve blocked them 3 times and they keep calling with new numbers. I wonder if it’s somehow connected to the new loan I applied for last week. They keep leaving this message 🙄View attachment 529064

I got a similar SS scam call just yesterday, asking me to call due to 'fraudulent activity on my social security account.'

Broken English and it was a recording. I usually don't answer but sometimes I'm waiting for a call and don't always know what number may call me. It's irritating.

And I've had a huge uptick in spam emails going to my spam folder that are spoofing my email address.

Someone is already interested in picking up my October 4 day BWV reservation I had rented through David's. Yay! I took a chance and took a travel voucher for the full amount instead of the reduced refund. Hopefully they will be in business long enough for me to use it!

Data point - I was wondering if my mail order prescriptions through Caremark would count as drugstore purchases for CFU. Yes!

I think that’s definitely part of it. His big thing was he would rather fly somewhere and stay than do a cruise but with a baby he’s seeing why a Disney cruise would be fun having everything in one place

That's one of the things we liked about cruises when the kids were younger. You unpack one time and wake up in a new place each day. We also like lounging on our vacations, so we enjoy sea days as well. It does seem like we never really lounge around too much though because there's always something to do.

That's one of the things we liked about cruises when the kids were younger. You unpack one time and wake up in a new place each day. We also like lounging on our vacations, so we enjoy sea days as well. It does seem like we never really lounge around too much though because there's always something to do.
There is so much to do! We aren’t big loungers or beach people so that’s why he didn’t really like our caribbean cruise

Mine looks like it went down 20 points when my mortgage was paid off. I don’t see that the refinance is showing up yet. That said, I’m not sure why it matters. I’m not planning on borrowing money but if I were I’d still be eligible for the best rates.

Last edited:
We went on our first cruise last November and Dh said he would rather not do one again. Lately we keep talking about taking ds on a Disney cruise. I’m not sure what changed his mind. Maybe being stuck at home all the time?

Having a baby changes things. The ships look like a really easy way to travel with kids, and that's probably much more appealing now that are a family.

I recently PCd my CIP to a CIU. Now, I kind of want to try my luck at applying for the CIU for the bonus. Im assuming I need to cancel my CIU, how long should I wait before applying if I do?
I am on dischurners so happy to read responses over there if needed. Not sure where to post there.
30 days. I just tried this with my Chase SW card and only waited 10 days. Chase said they don't officially close your account for 30 days, and they allow you to reopen during that time. So if you try to apply for the same type of card during that time, it will not even process the app because the system considers your old card still available to you. They said there is no way around this 30 day wait.

30 days. I just tried this with my Chase SW card and only waited 10 days. Chase said they don't officially close your account for 30 days, and they allow you to reopen during that time. So if you try to apply for the same type of card during that time, it will not even process the app because the system considers your old card still available to you. They said there is no way around this 30 day wait.
This doesn’t matter with business cards 😉

And in case it helps you, the easy way around that with SW personal cards is to just apply for a different type of card since they offer 3 flavors.

This doesn’t matter with business cards 😉

And in case it helps you, the easy way around that with SW personal cards is to just apply for a different type of card since they offer 3 flavors.
Oops, sorry for my misunderstanding about the original question!:)

I was switching to a different type personal SW card, from the mid level to the highest level (I always forget their diff names). They told me they did not/would not even process an app for a new SW card until after the 30 days because I still technically had access to the closed card for 30 days since I could reopen it during that time. They said I could not have 2 cards from the same product family. Is there some other way around this?

Oops, sorry for my misunderstanding about the original question!:)

I was switching to a different type personal SW card, from the mid level to the highest level (I always forget their diff names). They told me they did not/would not even process an app for a new SW card until after the 30 days because I still technically had access to the closed card for 30 days since I could reopen it during that time. They said I could not have 2 cards from the same product family. Is there some other way around this?
Yeah - biz cards have some special nuances to them with Chase.

Are you saying that you attempted to apply for a Chase SW card, and were denied, because only 10 days had passed since you cancelled a different flavor? That is contrary to historical DPs. Earlier this year, I closed one version of a SW personal card on the 7th of the month and applied for another version on the 10th of the month and was approved with no issue (just 3 days after closing). This also aligns with other DPs we've seen on r/churning for example.

Can you provide more insight... when did you cancel? When did you apply? How did you find out... did you ultimately receive a denial letter citing that reason? Did you call recon and attempt to work past it? This would be an important DP if true and answers to these questions would help us advise others accordingly. :)

Last edited:
Yeah - biz cards have some special nuances to them with Chase.

Are you saying that you attempted to apply for a Chase SW card, and were denied, because only 10 days had passed since you cancelled a different flavor? That is contrary to historical DPs. Earlier this year, I closed one version of a SW personal card on the 7th of the month and applied for another version on the 10th of the month and was approved with no issue (just 3 days after closing). This also aligns with other DPs we've seen on r/churning for example.

Can you provide more insight... when did you cancel? When did you apply? How did you find out... did you ultimately receive a denial letter citing that reason? Did you call recon and attempt to work past it? This would be an important DP if true.
Yes. I had to go back and read my original posts to figure out the dates, and I actually only waited 8 days. I closed my acct on Sept 5 and then applied for the higher level card on Sept 13. I have great credit and only had 2 cards total and 0/24 at the time so I knew there was a problem when I got the "we will send a letter" message. I called and spoke to someone in the lending section. He is the one who provided the 30 day/product family rule info, and he explained that they had not pulled my credit because they could not even process the app within that 30 days. He said maybe if I talk to the other (regular) customer service dept, they might have a way to officially close out the acct sooner than 30 days, so I tried that and they said no way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter