I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! What did you do for your DD? I think we are hyphenating. With mine first lol

AccchhhhKKK! The keeping your name part is wonderful. But then when you get to the kids, it can be a pain. Daughter kept her name.

Daughter's 2 kids have hyphenated names. I add them to our Disney and some airline reservations. Not enough room for the names on many applications. And on airline reservations you end up with a hodgepodge name. I'm not sure what the compromise is here.

Well I finally got approval today for CIP2 that I applied for on 6/3. I hope my future approvals don't take this long as it was oddly stressful.

Now that the CIP is approved I can move on to the next Citi Biz card.
You now hold the record for longest pending CIP! I remember my 6 day wait and it was insane! I can totally understand how you must feel seeing people around you going from pending to approved overnight and there's your poor application just sitting there! CONGRATS!!!!

AccchhhhKKK! The keeping your name part is wonderful. But then when you get to the kids, it can be a pain. Daughter kept her name.

Daughter's 2 kids have hyphenated names. I add them to our Disney and some airline reservations. Not enough room for the names on many applications. And on airline reservations you end up with a hodgepodge name. I'm not sure what the compromise is here.

Yeah that would be annoying. Our names hyphenated would be 9 letters total so I hope that’s short enough to not run into any issues lol

Chase is driving me crazy. DH is $8 short of MSR on CIP and has met it with recent pending transactions from over the weekend. Come on Chase, clear those puppies so I can see earning on next statement jump up by 80K URs!!
Just so you're aware, those might not pending immediately once that charge posts. I met our MSR on Monday 6/10. Transactions posted on Tuesday 6/11. I still do not see my 80k points pending yet. I'm not worried at all...just pointing out that it can take a little bit of time for them to go pending :)

Ok great! With Poly especially, this is the way to go. There are quite a few contracts scattered across the resale sites, and I think more and more will be coming within the next year. If you're patient, you'll find exactly what you want, and you can add direct down the line if it makes sense.

I keep hearing that Poly contracts will be up for resale - can you tell my what's going on there? I'm not even in the market but I'm curious.

So is it a guarantee to get that upgrade offer? I ask b/c I still don't have an upgrade offer for my old SPG card (can't keep up with the name of them now). I am trying to decide what to do with DH's hilton biz card. He does paid stays there, so I'm not sure I want to be stuck with the lower earning with the lower card for a year until he can upgrade. Maybe in my case I should have him go straight for the aspire?? Or just keep the biz? It just doesn't have good categories except hilton charges.

Good question. I was wondering about all of this myself because he wanted the perks of the Aspire and what if they never offer an upgrade?

Awesome! What did you do for your DD? I think we are hyphenating. With mine first lol

Not @Lain, but I kept my name, too. DD has DH's last name because I didn't want her to have to deal with an extra long one.

Thanks to the people mentioning tweeting SW over cancelled flights, and the person who said it might not be too late for me to do it also (too lazy to look back to see who commented, but thank you!) I emailed SW about a week after the flight and the reply said I'd be getting a $150 voucher emailed within a few days!

Our DD has only my surname. Not sharing a last name with any kid(s) we'd have was actually my DW's biggest worry. But she also didn't want to give our kid(s) hyphenated last names. My last name is very basic and not at all hard to pronounce or terrible sounding, so she was ok with DD taking it. Turns out DD is my little mini-Me anyway, so it worked out. My DW just didn't want to give up her identity and accomplishments by taking my last name. My DW has a MFA that she worked really hard and paid a lot of money for, and had kind of developed a career and reputation by the time I got around to proposing. She didn't want the complications of changing any of that, and I didn't want her to. Besides, I've always known her as First Name Maiden Name, and fell in love with her as such; the thought of her changing her last name to mine just felt so weird.

I did change my name - got married very young, so no career accomplishments etc. that I would be "leaving behind". The easier kid-name thing was a big consideration. I kept my maiden name as my middle name, so its still there. It was a big deal to me - I actually got mad at DH because he said he was fine with me keeping my name or changing it - it didn't matter to him. I told him he needed to appreciate that I was changing my name, it was important, and I wanted credit for it 😆.

@Lain , I love your answer to the name question.

This is exactly my reasoning. I have accomplished so much with my last name and it’s who I have been. I don’t want to change it. Our last names are short so hyphenating won’t be super crazy. But I’m not 100% sure that’s what we will do.

ETA your reasoning for wanting her to keep it is adorable and I’m telling SO to say this anytime his family or something rolls their eyes lol.

Ignore the eye rolls and do what makes you happy. I haven't had any issues with DD's last name not being the same as mine in terms of medical, signing her up for school or activities, etc. People said I would. She has one friend whose parents chose a new last name (a combo of their original ones), used that new combo when they were married, and now all the kids have it too. They wanted everyone to have the same last name and it's worked for them.

Any compromise is nice, honestly.

I can technically keep my own name after marriage. (Japanese women can't. Or, the man has to take her name. Somebody has to give theirs up.) However, any children we have will automatically get DF's name due to family registration laws. That is not optional. No hyphenations. So, I will be changing my name now in order to make everything easier later. I'm not really happy about it because all of my academic work thus far has been under one name & future work will be under a different name :rolleyes:

Remember when I said we were going to embrace slow-churning...Apparently that only lasted about 6 months, cuz I'm running HARD again :D

Here's a quick look back at our path since my wife got <5/24 back in Apr 2018:

04/18 - P2 - Chase Ink Preferred #1
08/18 - P2 - Chase Sapphire Reserve
08/18 - P2 - Chase Sapphire Preferred
11/18 - P2 - Chase Ink Unlimited
12/18 - P1 - CitiBusiness Aadvantage #1
02/19 - P2 - Chase Ink Cash 2/4/2019
02/19 - P2 - CitiBusiness Aadvantage #1
03/19 - P1 - Barclays Aviator Business
03/19 - P2 - Barclays Aviator Business
03/19 - P1 - CitiBusiness Aadvantage #2
04/19 - P1 - Chase Ink Preferred #1
05/19 - P2 - CitiBusiness Aadvantage #2
06/19 - P2 - Chase Ink Preferred #2

And I'm hoping to cap off June with a P1 Citi AA Biz card#3 :) So after getting just 3 cards over an 8 month span...I'm now on 11 cards in an 8 month span and probably targeting to do 15 cards this year... :D

:worship:This is so awesome!!

I was curious what my stats looked like. Clearly those 2 Amex Plats last summer took a toll because there was a huge gap (at least for this crowd) between those and the start of my April 2019 spree.

03/18 - P1 - CIP #1 80K
05/18 - P2 - CSP 50K?
05/18 - P2 - CSR 60K?
07/18 - P2 - Amex Plat Personal 100K
08/18 - P1 - Amex Plat Personal 100K
04/19 - P2 - CIP 80K + 20K ($8 left)
04/19 - P1 - CSR 50K (MSR met)
04/19 - P1 - CSP 60K + 15K ($300 left)
06/19 - P1 - Gold Delta SkyMiles Business 70K + $50 statement credit (card in mail today)

Plus I have $1K MSR across 2 Platinum AU cards to get 10K MR point bonus.

Plans:
07/19 - P1 - CIP #2
07/19 - P2 - Amex BBP

Not sure what to look at after those

Last edited:
I did change my name - got married very young, so no career accomplishments etc. that I would be "leaving behind". The easier kid-name thing was a big consideration. I kept my maiden name as my middle name, so its still there. It was a big deal to me - I actually got mad at DH because he said he was fine with me keeping my name or changing it - it didn't matter to him. I told him he needed to appreciate that I was changing my name, it was important, and I wanted credit for it 😆.

DH was the same and said it didn't matter. Then I think at one point it did. I offered to change it one anniversary and he was really happy. Then his father made him really mad (this wasn't the first time) and he said why would I want to take his dad's name. :rotfl: So I didn't ever change it and I think we're both happier this way, even though he has a much better relationship with his father now (long story...) It used to annoy him when hotels didn't listen to me and put everything in my name, calling him Mr. Mmmears and all, but he just doesn't care anymore.

Any compromise is nice, honestly.

I can technically keep my own name after marriage. (Japanese women can't. Or, the man has to take her name. Somebody has to give theirs up.) However, any children we have will automatically get DF's name due to family registration laws. That is not optional. No hyphenations. So, I will be changing my name now in order to make everything easier later. I'm not really happy about it because all of my academic work thus far has been under one name & future work will be under a different name :rolleyes:

Guessing they only let you use your legal name? I know someone that yook her husbands last name but still used her previous last name professionally but she's in real estate. 2nd marriage so she already had established with her name and with thr nature of that biz I can understand the reaaoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter