I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VFTW removed their A+ post & the app is still alive. Actions speak louder than words so VFTW has lost the credibility they had as far as I’m concerned. Too bad.

In excellent news for those who want it but can’t jump yet: it’s still alive!
I applied for that card yesterday because I thought it was disappearing & the FOMO was real. I really wanted it for our UK trip but I had planned to wait until August.

I got it, which is great, but now I have a combined $10K MSR to meet, which is not great. :crazy2: Thanks VFTW! At least neither of them are Amex.

Not sure this is best place to post this but here goes. I was thinking of getting the Disney Chase card for an upcoming trip in November for the meet and greets for our grandson and also the 10% discount on certain meals. Issue for me I have delayed and now the bonus is only $200, with the $49 annual fee that is only $150, not sure that is worth it but understand the other things I want also bring value. Should I wait to see if the bonus goes back up? Any advice would be helpful, if this is not the correct place for this question, just let me know...thanks!
If I were you and able to do this, I would open a Chase checking account with a bank bonus to get $200 and pick a Disney themed debit card. The Disney debit card comes with most of the same perks as the Disney credit card:

10% discount on select dining locations
10% off select merchandise purchases of $50+ at select locations
Etc. - see images below

I no longer have a Disney credit card, but I suspect these are essentially the same perks - with no annual fee, and no new credit on your credit report. This won't impact Chase's 5/24 rule at all.

If you can swing it, Chase is offering a $600 bank bonus if you open both a checking and savings account with them. This DoC article has lots of info on it, including eligibility and fine print.
This!! Was going to say the exact same thing I have a checking account with Chase and a cute Mickey debit card worked for the meet and greet a few months ago. There are WAY better cards to get for travel and bonuses so read up a little and ask away if you’re interested.

We also went the gift card route.

I just redeemed 100,000 MR points for $1,000 in Carnival gift cards, so it is travel related, but probably not as good "value-wise" as transferring the points. I've had the points for a long time and was excited to see the Carnival is a redemption option. I was planning on getting rid of my MR earning cards after I got my points cashed out, but I'm now rethinking that and going to keep that option open if I can get Carnival with them.

This is what I will be doing as well. Cashing out MR's for Carnival Corp Gift Cards. Have a Princess Alaska Cruise booked for next June and these will pay for that trip.

Yup, this was a dummy booking after using a public link for his first card, which he got in January of this year. I haven't closed the first card. I also received a letter saying he would get a 20k match for 60k total.
How long ago was this app? I might try the dummy for my 2nd.

I’ll try to find the post later but on Reddit there are DP’s of the email mailers working the same. Apparently when you click to apply they pre-fill with a 9 digit code, the same as the paper mailers.

Eta- never mind. Looks like wendow found 24 month language.
Well on that note, if anyone had an emailer as biz code that they won’t use....I’d love it!

Last edited:

@speedyfishy @Albort
Tagging you two because I know you could help with this, but I’m grateful for help from anybody on this!

I’m having some trouble with my Serve card. Some of it is of my own doing. When my card came in the mail, it gave me a routing number and account number for direct deposit. Since it’s a prepaid card, I thought I was supposed to use those numbers as my bank account to pay, for example, my SW Priority Visa. I tried it twice and both times it didn’t work. In the meantime, I got hit with the monthly fee. I’m hesitant to try again because I’m guessing this is probably going to cause my credit score to take a hit! If I can get confirmation though, I’ll try again...it has to be through the “bill pay” function on my Serve acct, right? And I could pay Chase that way? Would it work for a credit union HELOC? I’m really close to giving up on Serve. If this should be taken to dischurners or PM, I’m fine with that, just wanted to post here first.

DUH!! How did I forget this?! 62k miles pending!!! :love:

To sum up again for following along: This is Citi AA Biz #2 for DH. His first Citi Biz is still open and I got that in January 2019. Both cards were public offers- no mailers. I was able to get a 20k match for him.

Not sure I'll be this lucky again, but I'll take it this time! As long as the seats are available, we now have enough AA miles to file first class one way to Japan!

My Citi AA Biz #2 (without mailer) is closing today. Will have to log on tomorrow to see if my 70,000 points show pending. Fingers Crossed!!

Anyone have a shareable spreadsheet for cards?

I was going to create one to track my current MSRs but would not mind not having to recreate the wheel....

Helped my parent apply for a Cap1 Spark Biz $10k for $1k offer today. They get mailed the offer constantly but hilariously enough it goes to a fake name used for junk mail back in the day. They were able to put their name in and apply as a sole prop with SSN and got instant approval! #jealous

I've had an incredibly rough work schedule for the past 5-6 weeks. I've been lurking when I can, but I want to take a moment to thank @Lain (and others) for keeping the News & Discussion thread updated on r/DISchurners. It's been really helpful when I can't login here for days.

So after some very little research on Reddit I decided to bite the bullet and apply for my Citi Biz #2. My first card was the through a doc link with a higher spend higher point deal back in March - I think 3k for 50k miles and with another $15k spend an additional 15k miles. One theory was that using a different link might be ok. I used the next app a link for the 40K, $250 statement. I didn’t do a dummy booking as I got confused last time picking the business app. My app went pending yesterday and approved this am. What the best way once the card comes to determine if I’ll get the miles? Just spend $2k quickly? Or do a small AA giftcard and wait for that to post?

Amex offer question. What happens if you redeem an offer, but then return the item that got you money back? Will Amex just adjust the return amount minus the offer money back?

Not trying to game the system or upset Amex. I just saw these new Mickey Ray-Bans and I have a shopping problem and want them. 😂 I have a $30 off $150 Sunglass Hut offer and figure I would buy them once they're online in the event they sell out. I am ALSO going to the park at the end of the month and figure if I can get them 20% off with my AP and use discounted gift cards it would be a better deal and I would want to return the original pair to Sunglass Hut. I am torn 😥

If I were you and able to do this, I would open a Chase checking account with a bank bonus to get $200 and pick a Disney themed debit card. The Disney debit card comes with most of the same perks as the Disney credit card:

10% discount on select dining locations
10% off select merchandise purchases of $50+ at select locations
Etc. - see images below

I no longer have a Disney credit card, but I suspect these are essentially the same perks - with no annual fee, and no new credit on your credit report. This won't impact Chase's 5/24 rule at all.

If you can swing it, Chase is offering a $600 bank bonus if you open both a checking and savings account with them. This DoC article has lots of info on it, including eligibility and fine print.

Alternatively, instead of the $200 offer, you can use the $300 offer for the same checking account from the $600 combined offer and just open the checking account. That offer code gives 3 options when opening, just a checking, just a savings, or checking+savings for the big bucks.

That's what I'd do If I didn't have 10 or 15k available to do the savings offers with them and I could avoid the monthly fees without too much extra effort. It's all the same perks minus the CC only features like 0% financing and earning Disney rewards dollars. I think the extra $100 would probably make up for that.

tagging @hrslvr142

That’s really interesting, thanks for sharing!! I’d be so interested to know how enforceable that is in the face of a warrant. I imagine it would probably keep customers protected, though I wonder if they could lawyer up the same way that someone like Apple has to protect users’ interests.

I'll see if I find any more info when I opt in later and PM you.

I bought one that has a what I think is a new feature - 30 second oil change - you pop a cylinder out and replace it with a new one. The pick up and return charge for service from the dealership is $100, before you pay for problems.

I sat down with a dealer, learned as much as I could, actually drove the machine on the lot and feel bad I'm not able to give him the business.

I considered buying from the dealer, but I'm using HD gift cards, he had no discounts at all, and I'm getting an additional 10% discount (through a friend), plus a $100 Home Depot gift card rebate in 6-8 weeks, lol. I'm not overly concerned because (1) I am familiar with mechanical things (2) I'll find help if it needs fixing other than oil change, belt, battery, that will come to my home. It will live in it's new shed that I am picking up today. Not necessarily going to do it myself, but I understand 'how' and 'why'. I've also had ride on mowers in the past.

So what are you saying when you say 'winterized'? Did yours have coolant? Or are you just referring to the normal gas and battery maintenance at season's end?

No coolant. It either removes the gas or ads a stabilizer, unhooks the battery, makes sure it's all clean under the mower deck and does an oil change. We often have issues with the battery in the spring so I'm guessing mom hasn't had it fully winterized. Especially since neither of us remember ever having to connect the battery. I know my stepdad did all that stuff but the JD was his baby. Pretty sure he waxed it at some point but def washed it more than we hose off the one we have.

Question regarding comments about "mailers"- are you all referring to the (junk mail) you get on a regular basis with credit card offers? Should I start actually paying attention to them before shredding? They must have better rewards than what could be found simply by going to a credit card site, I am guessing?

Also, I can't find it now but there have been mentions of something similar to a credit card "matcher" or something... I'm sorry I can't remember exactly what it is. Can someone tell me what this is or post a link if it's a website?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter