I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking per year or lifetime. I've got some pretty good lifetime figures even outside of DVC.

IF DVC counts, in the past you would have needed to add a category. But now I've toned it down to a few weeks per year, and sometimes I skip a week like this past January because of other unexpected events.

I was thinking per year but probably after some time it would be nice to have lifetime.

Did you actually go to the rewards site? I didn't get any email that I remember. Didn't see it until @miztressuz talked about 'cringe worthy events'. Lol - not cringeworthy at all! The great @SouthFayetteFan has bought an appliance with gift cards. No wrong way to churn!

Anyway there is a box there saying you can buy the stuff on sale.

I know cashing out MR for GC's is like nails on a chalkboard for some folks here, so I thought I'd give fair warning :laughing:

Basically until now MR = Home Depot GC's for us. I don't recall really redeeming for anything else. I'm sure we did but it was probably something like Macy's for an actual gift for someone. They had a way more limited GC selection before and we rarely had more than 30k MR at any given time in either account and didn't really travel so it wasn't very useful for anything else. I remember getting excited when they added Lowe's to the portal... but it was worse than 1cpp which HD has always been so oh well, HD it is! That might be our only churning redemption is at least we never got less than 1 cpp for our MR.

For the sake of everyone's sanity I won't reveal how many MR points we've given to HD over our AmEx lifetime :rolleyes1

So DH’s first Citi statement closed overnight and the $250 statement credit is there!! No miles yet but I feel like I recall it maybe taking a couple days?
You don’t need to wait for the miles to post to know if you got them. Just look at your statement ;)

I know cashing out MR for GC's is like nails on a chalkboard for some folks here, so I thought I'd give fair warning :laughing:

Basically until now MR = Home Depot GC's for us. I don't recall really redeeming for anything else. I'm sure we did but it was probably something like Macy's for an actual gift for someone. They had a way more limited GC selection before and we rarely had more than 30k MR at any given time in either account and didn't really travel so it wasn't very useful for anything else. I remember getting excited when they added Lowe's to the portal... but it was worse than 1cpp which HD has always been so oh well, HD it is! That might be our only churning redemption is at least we never got less than 1 cpp for our MR.

For the sake of everyone's sanity I won't reveal how many MR points we've given to HD over our AmEx lifetime :rolleyes1

We also went the gift card route.

I just redeemed 100,000 MR points for $1,000 in Carnival gift cards, so it is travel related, but probably not as good "value-wise" as transferring the points. I've had the points for a long time and was excited to see the Carnival is a redemption option. I was planning on getting rid of my MR earning cards after I got my points cashed out, but I'm now rethinking that and going to keep that option open if I can get Carnival with them.

Ugh why is the SUB for the biz Delta Gold still only 30,000 through my referral link?

Anyone know if this is typical, and will the increased SUB be available through a referral link in the near future? Or do some referral links have the increased SUB?

I had this issue the other day on DH's account. I was finally able to pull the higher offer on the Platinum Biz, but I had to play around a bit. There was a banner somewhere in DH's Delta Gold Biz Amex account that offered 12,500 miles for a referral. I clicked through that to bring up the higher offers.

However, just now I couldn't find it again. But by playing around in his account (clicking on refer, etc), an email was generated to him offering the 12,500 referral. When I click through that email, I generate a referral link that brings up the higher offers. For the Delta Gold Biz, I'm seeing a 70k bonus with $4k MSR and a $50 statement credit + waived annual fee + 0% for 6 months.

Good luck!

I opened a CapOne Venture card last July and earned a nice bonus. I don't want the AF that is coming soon and, of course, have moved on to a different card to earn another bonus. But I don't want to close the Venture card and lose that $15k as part of my overall credit profile. Advice on downgrading with CapOne? Maybe asking for a Venture One card with no AF? And should I SM or call?

@wendow You have Citi AA Biz #1 already right? Just wondering why Citi would be sending out an email offer if you already have the card? Or is it coming to one of your kids/pets? I hope I haven't been deleting these not realizing what it was. I would like a mailer, but I haven't put the energy/effort into pursuing purchasing one.

I have 2 questions about booking United with miles. I’ll be booking 4 flights to LHR in mid July. This is for a trip the first half of June 2020. We’re using the excursionist perk, Columbus-London then Paris-Bucharest (probably, still debating this), Bucharest-Columbus.

-so each leg will have to be booked together because of the excursionist perk, correct? I have read the recent talk about booking other airlines separately then making changes later, BUT with four of us going we won’t have the points to go in any class other than economy (also because I have frittered away my UR’s on other travel stuff, lol), so I’m thinking waiting those two weeks to book it all together will be fine.

Which leads into the next question...

-if we accumulate enough UR’s/miles between now and the trip, can we upgrade using miles assuming the availability is still there? I’ve researched this on the United website and flyertalk and I just can’t make heads or tails of it...so confusing. I’m not educated enough yet to get all the lingo I guess.

Did you actually go to the rewards site? I didn't get any email that I remember. Didn't see it until @miztressuz talked about 'cringe worthy events'. Lol - not cringeworthy at all! The great @SouthFayetteFan has bought an appliance with gift cards. No wrong way to churn!

Anyway there is a box there saying you can buy the stuff on sale.
I logged into both our Amex accounts and went to the rewards area where GCs are. No notice of a sale and I clicked on HD in both accounts and neither showed HD for less than 1cpp.

@wendow You have Citi AA Biz #1 already right? Just wondering why Citi would be sending out an email offer if you already have the card? Or is it coming to one of your kids/pets? I hope I haven't been deleting these not realizing what it was. I would like a mailer, but I haven't put the energy/effort into pursuing purchasing one.
Dh and I aren’t getting them as we do have biz cards. My dd19 and two of my plants are getting them lol.

Not sure this is best place to post this but here goes. I was thinking of getting the Disney Chase card for an upcoming trip in November for the meet and greets for our grandson and also the 10% discount on certain meals. Issue for me I have delayed and now the bonus is only $200, with the $49 annual fee that is only $150, not sure that is worth it but understand the other things I want also bring value. Should I wait to see if the bonus goes back up? Any advice would be helpful, if this is not the correct place for this question, just let me know...thanks!

Question for anyone who has used URs to buy Broadway tickets--can you only pick up at the box office the day of? We bought 8PM tickets for a Saturday night but I'm wondering when the earliest time I would be able to pick them up would be. We arrive in New York the morning before.

I was going to add my CIP to my Apple Pay (the CF has been on there for some time) and it says not supported. Does anyone know if this is true of all business cards? It's not a huge deal; merely curious.
It depends on the issuer. For Chase it's only personal Visa cards I believe, business and MC cards aren't supported in digital wallets. AmEx I think all cards are available including business and corporate cards.

I didn't. I don't have Hyatt points. LOL

Neither do I but got the 90 day temporary explorist status with challenge and followed the directions to get the M Life good and match back to Hyatt until 2021. The explorist status might be able to match you back to an AA status challenge.

Wow, good to know about the fluctuation. I would be inclined to stay there again only because I am somewhat familiar with it from last trip (I haven't researched anything else... I am a creature of habit for sure).

OK also good to know.

Can you please tell me if I am understanding right- when you booked your flights, you booked both your outbound and inbound for the same date, because that's as far out as their calendar was open at the time, and then after however many necessary days passed, you then paid the $50 change fee to update your inbound to when you really planned to return.

Did you decide your flying dates and then book your hotels afterwards? Or did you book hotels first based off when you hoped to fly and change them around after you had firm flight dates?

I don’t recall if Haley did this but I did. My dates are not flexible because I am traveling with ABD. I was unable to find award availability for my actual return date so I booked the return for a few days after my real date. I put my backup plan in place (I always have at least 2 backup plans) and booked JAL with AA miles for my real date in business. I am hoping more availability for my real return date is released with ANA partner awards on Virgin within 2-3 weeks of my real departure date. Then, I will change my existing return to the real one and reschedule my AA/JAL flight for a future date. Worst case scenario, I never get the return on ANA. I’m fine with that because a first class one way on ANA was still worth the miles I used. Recall I had a 30% transfer bonus with MR.

I am coming a couple of days early before our Adventures by Disney trip to visit Tokyo. I booked the Park Hyatt Tokyo well after booking the flights. I do plan to return to the Japan parks again after all of the new developments are in place. I’m thinking 2022/23. My plan will be booking flights first and then Hilton Tokyo Bay afterwards. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter