I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this is best place to post this but here goes. I was thinking of getting the Disney Chase card for an upcoming trip in November for the meet and greets for our grandson and also the 10% discount on certain meals. Issue for me I have delayed and now the bonus is only $200, with the $49 annual fee that is only $150, not sure that is worth it but understand the other things I want also bring value. Should I wait to see if the bonus goes back up? Any advice would be helpful, if this is not the correct place for this question, just let me know...thanks!

You can get the no AF card for the $200 statement credit also.

You don’t need to wait for the miles to post to know if you got them. Just look at your statement ;)

DUH!! How did I forget this?! 62k miles pending!!! :love:

To sum up again for following along: This is Citi AA Biz #2 for DH. His first Citi Biz is still open and I got that in January 2019. Both cards were public offers- no mailers. I was able to get a 20k match for him.

Not sure I'll be this lucky again, but I'll take it this time! As long as the seats are available, we now have enough AA miles to file first class one way to Japan!

Neither do I but got the 90 day temporary explorist status with challenge and followed the directions to get the M Life good and match back to Hyatt until 2021. The explorist status might be able to match you back to an AA status challenge.

I don’t recall if Haley did this but I did. My dates are not flexible because I am traveling with ABD. I was unable to find award availability for my actual return date so I booked the return for a few days after my real date. I put my backup plan in place (I always have at least 2 backup plans) and booked JAL with AA miles for my real date in business. I am hoping more availability for my real return date is released with ANA partner awards on Virgin within 2-3 weeks of my real departure date. Then, I will change my existing return to the real one and reschedule my AA/JAL flight for a future date. Worst case scenario, I never get the return on ANA. I’m fine with that because a first class one way on ANA was still worth the miles I used. Recall I had a 30% transfer bonus with MR.

I am coming a couple of days early before our Adventures by Disney trip to visit Tokyo. I booked the Park Hyatt Tokyo well after booking the flights. I do plan to return to the Japan parks again after all of the new developments are in place. I’m thinking 2022/23. My plan will be booking flights first and then Hilton Tokyo Bay afterwards. Hope this helps.

I am just... in awe. Truly.

:worship:

Unfortunately there is no consensus. Some people have been fine and others have not gotten their points. The r/churning history is a small problem I guess - you could tell the mod there that I recommended you check it out but I’m not sure if that would get you approved or not.
This would be a problem for me too, I have never posted so I have no history :-(

I'm pretty sure ours is too. :sad1: It will be painful cancelling it, but there's really nothing we want to book before it expires.

Same here but we kinda knew that going into it. We bought it because it's refundable and you never know, but with the big trip this year and we have to use it by Jan 2020 it's just not going to fit in. I've looked periodically as schedules came out but when I looked at the prices of the ones we'd consider we just couldn't justify going just to go.

I left it up to hubby, who has literally never said no to a cruise I proposed, especially a DCL one, and he was up for it... until I showed him the prices I was looking at. I could see he was kinda shocked but working out how to make it work when I mentioned we could do 2 weeks at F&W in WDW for the same price or less, so is it better to save the money for a better land trip or do another cruise? I could see he was torn but he said "Well when you put it that way I think I'd rather save up for WDW if this is the best there is" :eek: That's when I know it's bad.

I'm torn on cancelling now and just getting that cash back or waiting it out to see if they do a special rate on something I can pick up for a more reasonable price. I have my doubts that'll happen before *GT rates pop up and at that point it wouldn't work for us. But, you know, I keep hoping for pixie dust in the meanwhile :laughing:

I logged into both our Amex accounts and went to the rewards area where GCs are. No notice of a sale and I clicked on HD in both accounts and neither showed HD for less than 1cpp.
Aww...shoot...I was hoping you just missed it! But, you know how Amex is...keep checking back.

DPs for Amex/Chase FN certs depositing.

AF for Hilton’s Aspire posted in February but my anniversary for the card is January since I got it on day one that it became available. I only remember because it was the fastest I’ve ever hit an MSR. LOL The weekend FN was deposited in April.

AF for Amex Bonblah Business posted in April and the 35k FN was deposited this week.

Chase IHG AF posted in March and so did the last unrestricted FN. I’m going to miss those.

Chase Bonblah Premier AF posted in June and 35k FN was also deposited this week.

I got the Bonblah Brilliant during the 3 day loophole last August. I am guessing the AF will post in September and the 50k FN cert should deposit in November.

@PlanePrincess has the same patterns on his hotel cards.

I don't know if you're replacing or have had a rider mower before but one thing to know that my mom and I didn't, they do need to be serviced. My stepdad always took care of it, changed the oil, winterized it etc. So when we had issues with ours a year or two after he passed we had the tractor place come pick it up and it wasn't cost effective to fix, but based on mileage/years we'd gotten our use of it because of course they aren't made as good as they used to be like a lot of things.

Anyway, the guy there said once a year or every 30 miles, ours does have a speedometer. We didn't get it done this past winter so I need to make sure it gets done this year in case mom forgets. She gets it done in Nov because they offer free pick up and delivery that month and then we try and coordinate with the neighbor so they can get both on the same day.

But it is fun to mow the grass, when the cottonwood isn't flying.

I bought one that has a what I think is a new feature - 30 second oil change - you pop a cylinder out and replace it with a new one. The pick up and return charge for service from the dealership is $100, before you pay for problems.

I sat down with a dealer, learned as much as I could, actually drove the machine on the lot and feel bad I'm not able to give him the business.

I considered buying from the dealer, but I'm using HD gift cards, he had no discounts at all, and I'm getting an additional 10% discount (through a friend), plus a $100 Home Depot gift card rebate in 6-8 weeks, lol. I'm not overly concerned because (1) I am familiar with mechanical things (2) I'll find help if it needs fixing other than oil change, belt, battery, that will come to my home. It will live in it's new shed that I am picking up today. Not necessarily going to do it myself, but I understand 'how' and 'why'. I've also had ride on mowers in the past.

So what are you saying when you say 'winterized'? Did yours have coolant? Or are you just referring to the normal gas and battery maintenance at season's end?

Not sure this is best place to post this but here goes. I was thinking of getting the Disney Chase card for an upcoming trip in November for the meet and greets for our grandson and also the 10% discount on certain meals. Issue for me I have delayed and now the bonus is only $200, with the $49 annual fee that is only $150, not sure that is worth it but understand the other things I want also bring value. Should I wait to see if the bonus goes back up? Any advice would be helpful, if this is not the correct place for this question, just let me know...thanks!

If I were you and able to do this, I would open a Chase checking account with a bank bonus to get $200 and pick a Disney themed debit card. The Disney debit card comes with most of the same perks as the Disney credit card:

10% discount on select dining locations
10% off select merchandise purchases of $50+ at select locations
Etc. - see images below

I no longer have a Disney credit card, but I suspect these are essentially the same perks - with no annual fee, and no new credit on your credit report. This won't impact Chase's 5/24 rule at all.

If you can swing it, Chase is offering a $600 bank bonus if you open both a checking and savings account with them. This DoC article has lots of info on it, including eligibility and fine print.

Attachments

• IMG_6199.JPG
    IMG_6199.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7800.JPG
    IMG_7800.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 6
DPs for Amex/Chase FN certs depositing.

AF for Hilton’s Aspire posted in February but my anniversary for the card is January since I got it on day one that it became available. I only remember because it was the fastest I’ve ever hit an MSR. LOL The weekend FN was deposited in April.

AF for Amex Bonblah Business posted in April and the 35k FN was deposited this week.

Chase IHG AF posted in March and so did the last unrestricted FN. I’m going to miss those.

Chase Bonblah Premier AF posted in June and 35k FN was also deposited this week.

I got the Bonblah Brilliant during the 3 day loophole last August. I am guessing the AF will post in September and the 50k FN cert should deposit in November.

@PlanePrincess has the same patterns on his hotel cards.
“Bonblah” Am. Dying. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter