I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by SouthFayetteFan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

Really guys, there’s no spreadsheet. I just try to read everything and keep a really good memory because I think it helps me in my replies to know where you all are coming from and what you want out of this hobby. And besides, you all are like old friends and new to me. I’m pretty good with the search button too.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

Iowa.

gottalovepluto, Haley R, afan and 7 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Judique

Judique Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB

He can only know what he's been told, and it's all on record on the other thread. I want to know if he has a unique search function that he has developed to find comments since I can't even find my own posts when I want to let alone remember what someone else said.

Either that or he has an eidetic memory.

5. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

Touche! Thank you :flower3: When I say Ridiculous Redemptions, I was thinking more along the lines of flying from FL to SanFran to see Hamilton, flying to London for the weekend to see the Harry Potter play, flying to Scotland for a long weekend to see the Fairy Pools, flying to NYC for the weekend to see the Harry Potter play there, flying to DC for the weekend to see Hamilton again, flying to DC for the weekend because cherry blossoms, blowing half a million points on one flight to try out Singapore Suites etc.

I think Antarctica or any other real vacation is something that is a reasonable goal or bucket list place. Most folks would save and earn lots of points and burn the points to fulfill these types of vacations without anyone batting an eye. It's a reasonable thing to do. Meanwhile, I'll throw gasoline and light a fire to any number of points on a whim. I've had people IRL tell me I'm crazy and that wasting that amount of points for those things is stupid with regards to some of the aforementioned point redemptions. Therefore, I can only imagine that some in our DISchurner family here may think the same thing too, but are polite enough not to voice their opinion in writing. Maybe not. In any case, that's ok. I'd sooner wear wear those sentiments as a badge of honor than be shamed by it. So bring on the points, because I've always got something absurd in mind, gasoline and a lighter at the ready! :D

6. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

Do you think a short list of the regulars and their relative respective areas of expertise would be beneficial. The thread moves fast and sometimes a question may be asked but missed and knowing who to tag about that question would help. A short list of the Delta hostages, the AA hostages, the bank bonus gurus, SW experts, Schwab cash out King, using airline partner peeps etc.

7. Alexle2007

Alexle2007 DIS Veteran

All this football talk. (ok, on the previous thread) DS is looking for a Tyreek Hill vs Todd Gurley showdown in the Super Bowl.

magickingdomprincess likes this.
  8. palhockeymomof2

palhockeymomof2 DIS Veteran

Amazing list of trips...and redemptions.....:worship:

hurt817, wendow and calypso726 like this.
  9. GZanta77

GZanta77 (fka: uksaint)

How many pages can we make it to before anyone actually starts talking about credit cards....:P

linzjane88, Tikitoi, Sarah_B and 19 others like this.
  10. wendow

wendow We create happiness.

I still say even your ‘ridiculous’ redemptions are awesome and drool worthy. I definitely can see why you deserve the title though. We are all just sitting here with our popcorn watching for what you’ll do next :)

Limes96, Lain, hurt817 and 2 others like this.
  11. tink1970

tink1970 DCL Platinum

Me! I am an early to bed person and woke up and thought “I’ll make it on pg 1.” Or three...sigh...someday...

Lain, mmmears, alryan and 3 others like this.
  12. striker1064

striker1064 DIS Veteran

I'm just gonna throw in a Who Dat for this weekend, as someone born in New Orleans and raised on the Mississippi Gulf Coast it's in my blood and there's nothing I can do about it.

Actually, as long as the Pats lose, I think the Super Bowl will be awesome. Both Chiefs-Rams and Chiefs-Saints are far more interesting games than Pats-Rams and Pats-Saints.

mhartman09, MrsAlexis, Lain and 7 others like this.
  13. palhockeymomof2

palhockeymomof2 DIS Veteran

Update on my Chase Staples 30% off offer
    $50 Purchase made 1/7...
    $15 credited to my account 1/17

disneedee, Sarah_B, hurt817 and 12 others like this.
  14. WVMomof3

WVMomof3 DIS Veteran

Go to bed at a decent time and your whole house up and moves on you while you are sleeping. lol Yay a new thread!!

15. WVMomof3

WVMomof3 DIS Veteran

@Lain I am assuming you just used up your CSR credits before PCing. Did you wait long after this last travel credit hit? My fee hit 1/1 and is due on the 1/26 bill and I used all my credits up a few days ago. Do I just need to do it before the bill is due? I don't know why I am so nervous about it.

16. GlamMistress

GlamMistress Resident Metalhead

New thread AND @wendow has a new profile pic. What?!? :daisy:

17. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

I got bank bonuses on to pg 2 at least :p
    I think we should count @palhockeymomof2 update on the Chase offer as credit card and give it pg 3... that seems respectable... otherwise we might not make it until double digits with how big (and chatty :) ) our little community is :D

ETA: Ah I see @VWMomof3 made us doubly legit while I was typing. I think we're off to a good start!

18. CoP Luv

CoP Luv DIS Veteran

Wow! I am only three pages behind :worship: (+40 on the old thread, but ya know...that's just never going to happen!)

I never knew about Albertson's GCs on Amazon! We have Jewel here, so that is just awesome! Thanks for the tip!

19. marsh0013

marsh0013 i want to drive the zamboni

I don't post much (okay probably only a few times), but I read everything. I'm going to try to contribute more on the new thread!

20. Chancery8

Chancery8 Mouseketeer

I need this! I have the bad habit of only reading posts themselves without looking at who posted it.

That’d be me! :). Thanks for all your hard work!

21. CoP Luv

CoP Luv DIS Veteran

How much does it bother you that most people don't put a "0" so things aren't lined up...because on my spreadsheets, it makes me crazy when I have to reformat stuff to line up! :duck::rotfl2::rolleyes1