I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by SouthFayetteFan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. DisneyMandC

DisneyMandC DIS Veteran

Did anyone do the AT&T offer with Chase yet? Two transactions of $15 and get $40 back? I did a $20 and a $15 purchase on AT&T a week ago and the offer has disappeared from my Chase card (isn't showing up in redeemed yet either). Maybe just slow Chase offers, just didn't know if anyone else had gotten a credit. Tried to search on r/churning but couldn't find anything.

2. Tikitoi

Tikitoi DIS Veteran

Well that is helpful enough for me at this point. I only have 2 to use. Thanks

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. mamathompson

mamathompson Mouseketeer

New thread looks great! Thanks for setting that up SouthFayetteFan.
    Quick question, DH got the Discover savings account bonus a few months ago. Can I also open one in my name for the bonus? I would move the money from his to mine. I'm assuming it's fine, but wasn't sure about same address etc.

SouthFayetteFan likes this.
  5. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

A new threaddddddddd:cool1: so much happens when I have a busy day and can't get to reading the Disboards:thumbsup2 I was wondering when we'd outgrow that space...

6. SouthFayetteFan

SouthFayetteFan Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006

That’s funny you say that because I took it out, added it back and then took it out again lol. I just wasn’t sure it was often used enough. I will put it back in for good :)

CJN, mmmears, vanjust14 and 3 others like this.
  7. kidsfirsttrip

kidsfirsttrip DIS Veteran

Loving the new thread!!

PNC - thanks for the tips of putting my savings in Growth mine is at 2.4%. Do I need to make deposits direct into growth or is it ok to put into spend to trigger the higher interest rate. This “wallet” is totally confusing!!!

Lain, pillow and SouthFayetteFan like this.
  8. SouthFayetteFan

I am torn on having a comment linking to “best content” or “best tips” etc. @afan mentioned not wanting to make it too easy to find this stuff. I’m not sure of the thoughts there of the entire community..:

CJN, Lain, mmmears and 3 others like this.
  9. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

I remember a few people asking when told to “SM to PC a card” (back when that was possible)

SouthFayetteFan likes this.
  10. platamama

platamama DIS Veteran

Should be fine. I opened up individual Discover savings for both DH & I in late 2016 with no issues whatsoever. But I was putting in money from external accounts, not from one Discover account directly to another, so in your case I would transfer money as follows your account > external account > his new account.

miztressuz and mamathompson like this.
  11. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

Hey we have @Lain and his spreadsheet for that :rotfl2:

Lain, tink1970 and SouthFayetteFan like this.
  12. SouthFayetteFan

I don’t want to forget anybody (or offend anybody not named an expert)...and that also sounds like a lot of upkeep lol. I will respectfully decline this idea for now but anybody else is welcome to identify and maintain this list (especially somebody else with a page 1 comment LOL)

CJN, amcc, Lain and 3 others like this.
  13. hsmamato2

yes please!!! I always have a hard time finding that thread!!!

tink1970 likes this.
  14. Alexle2007

Alexle2007 DIS Veteran

Off to the ortho to get my brace's wire changes and pay the balance of $3000. Do I put it towards by Arrival Plus+ MSR or meet by CIC MSR with it? Decisions, decisions!

15. platamama

platamama DIS Veteran

Yeah, I can totally see that, especially for the more sensitive content. Of course, it's a judgement call as to what is sensitive. I'm fine either way. I do wish there was a way for me to curate info that applies to me and my situation under my login.

ETA: I guess I can always make my own Google doc and paste links into there.

Lain and SouthFayetteFan like this.
  16. speedyfishy

speedyfishy DIS Veteran

Ugh, my Walmart is burned for MOs they asked for ID and started putting my address into the system. Then they couldn’t accept my address because it’s a PO Box. They told me I need to bring a bill next time with my address? Really? For a $498 MO???

17. hsmamato2

Me too..... what do you mean I don't have enough privileges????:rotfl:

18. FloridaNative8

FloridaNative8 Mouseketeer

Ahhhhh, Page 5, but I'm here!! I had to finish the other thread first, I can't leave things undone 8-)

Thank you @SouthFayetteFan for putting the work into this new thread!!!

We got DH's CIP login all figured out, and my employee card is on the way. My 20K referral URs are pending :yay:

19. Chancery8

Chancery8 Mouseketeer

Found the posts I was referring to:

@GlamMistress said:
    I agrre with this. I have hundreds in DL gift cards that I haven't/cannot use. You cannot pay for seat upgrades, etc with a giftcard. Fares only. When I called in to apply multiple gift cards once it worked but the call was over an hour talking with a non native English speaker and very painful.

@trstno1 said:
    I don't know if this is a recent change as I don't recall ever using a Delta gift card before, but last week I booked a Delta flight for my daughter online and it allowed me to apply 3 gift cards. It was really easy. It would not work for $+miles reservations, but it was no problem on a cash only reservation.

20. LuckyMamaInDE

LuckyMamaInDE DIS Veteran

Thanks @SouthFayetteFan for starting the new thread! I like the stickies, especially the abbreviations because those darn amex cards trip me up :laughing:

I just wrote myself a reminder note to go back to the old thread for the post about using United MPX app. I've got to start using that!

21. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

Discover isn't limited to household, you can each get it. I concur with @platamama , it'd be easier if it came in as new money. I found it faster for mine to setup initial funding as a small amount, like $50, then setup another transfer for the large balance. I got both within a few days and the bonus posted next day - 5 business days total between opening and bonus because we were fortunate enough to have the full amount in cash still, so I only needed one transfer.