How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

Looking to move from Epcot. How do you book the wishes cruise. Do you use a planner for that?

I've never done it but as I understand it you can call WDW-PLAY up to 180 days in advance to book the cruises themselves then contact Private Dining for the resort that you cruise departs from for the food - I'd do that closer in, probably around 30 days or less.

Good news I'm right, lol! I found the following info on wdwinfo.com after a quick search. Hopefully they updated it recently!

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES CRUISE (BASIC)
21' Tracker Pontoon Price: $292.88, tax included for up to 8 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda and bagged snacks -Guests may order Private Dining to be delivered to the cruise. The sound from the fireworks show is not provided on the boat..

MAGIC KINGDOM WISHES CRUISE (PREMIUM)
25' Tracker Pontoon

Price: $346.13, tax included
for up to 10 guests. Price includes pontoon boat, driver, water, soda, bagged snacks and and audio feed of the fireworks music -Guests may order Private Dining to be delivered to the cruise. The sound from the fireworks show is provided on the boat.

And for the food...

Specialty cruises can be booked up to 180 days in advance and there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Call: (407)-WDW-PLAY. NOTE: It is customary to give your "captain" a gratuity.

You can enhance your Specialty Cruise by adding food/drinks of your choosing. Arrangements can be made by calling Private Dining at the resort from which your cruise is launched:

• Contemporary: 407-824-2955
    • Wilderness Lodge: 407-824-1043
    • Grand Floridian: 407-824-2473
    • Polynesian: 407-824-2165
    • Yacht and Beach Club: 407-939-3160

I have the Wishes Pontoon boat cruise for our renewal/wedding in April. I can let you know how it goes. I know you pay the day of, but I called right at the 180 day mark to get it reserved. No deposit needed and they gave me a confirmation number.

If it needs to go backstage to get you (like if you wanted to be picked up from World Showcase), it has to be provided by Disney, who uses Mears. A one-way town car costs $30ish and an 8-passenger van is $40. How many people do you need to transport, and where do you want to be picked up? If it's just the two of you, I'd do an Uber.
We are 6, my planner told me it would be $195 to go to the poly! We can just take the monorail for that price

She must be quoting you a charter, which is a minimum of 3 hours. Ask for a one-way van. It's WAY less hassle than switching monorails (especially at the end of the night) and it's only 40 bucks each way!

She must be quoting you a charter, which is a minimum of 3 hours. Ask for a one-way van. It's WAY less hassle than switching monorails (especially at the end of the night) and it's only 40 bucks each way!
Ok thanks! I asked my planner

What locations are possible for a Wishes Dessert party? I know of Sago Cay Pointe and the West Rotunda at the Contemporary. Which is best for a small group?

Just updating on my dessert party...we're having it on Jan 26th at UK Pubside. There is going to be 9 of us (but paid for 10 since we thought we would have 1 more). We are having the "Young at Heart" menu and a 10" 1-layer "wedding cake" which ended up being priced out at $275 alone (Yikes!!!). I think it's due to us having swags along the top and painted scrolls with stamped mickeys along the bottom. It was more than I expected to spend but "hey it's Disney"...right?! The total BEO price came to $796.

Just updating on my dessert party...we're having it on Jan 26th at UK Pubside. There is going to be 9 of us (but paid for 10 since we thought we would have 1 more). We are having the "Young at Heart" menu and a 10" 1-layer "wedding cake" which ended up being priced out at $275 alone (Yikes!!!). I think it's due to us having swags along the top and painted scrolls with stamped mickeys along the bottom. It was more than I expected to spend but "hey it's Disney"...right?! The total BEO price came to $796.
I am so looking forward to your feed back from your party. Have fun!!

Hi everyone!
I'm planning a dessert party the day before my wedding cruise embarkation day!
Unfortunately, we are hitting some major speed bumps along the way and wanted to know if you had any advice for me.

first, it took our event planner over two weeks to return our emails and phone calls.
When she finally did, UK Lochside was booked for an event that evening and she offered us Canada Overlook or Vikings Landing.
We let her know that we would prefer a different location that didn't have an obstructed view from the trees in the area.
She then suggested doing the Fantasmic Dining plan instead. I haven't read much about Fantasmic Dining Plans but from the description on the Disney website, it doesn't seem very special to be honest.

Are there any other locations you would recommend I ask about?
Or suggestions for something else entirely?
I didn't really want to do a fireworks cruise since our wedding will be on the Disney Dream.

We have 15 people confirmed to attend the dessert party as of now.

Thank you for your help!

I would ask about UK Upper or UK Lochside. They have a 20-person minimum, but if you pick up a few more folks you'll qualify. Alternatively, I'd book Canada and then keep checking to see if you can switch to the UK or maybe Italy West Plaza when you are about a month out, since they often let you slide in with fewer guests at the last minute.

Were you planning to have photos taken? Because if you're just watching the fireworks from Norway or Canada, the view is fine. It's only in photos that the high fireworks are blocked by trees, since the photographer has to stand so far back.

I would ask about UK Upper or UK Lochside. They have a 20-person minimum, but if you pick up a few more folks you'll qualify. Alternatively, I'd book Canada and then keep checking to see if you can switch to the UK or maybe Italy West Plaza when you are about a month out, since they often let you slide in with fewer guests at the last minute.

Were you planning to have photos taken? Because if you're just watching the fireworks from Norway or Canada, the view is fine. It's only in photos that the high fireworks are blocked by trees, since the photographer has to stand so far back.

Thank you so much for your help!
we are having our wedding photographer there for some pictures.
I love pictures and I thought this would be great option to have the best of both worlds for our wedding trip.
Hopefully she can find a solution around the trees.

I took your advise and booked Canada to at least have a location set!
Fingers crossed a location without the obstructed view opens up!

So I am still getting quotes for $300+.....they are for 55 and 25 passenger transport which is not what I need, we are only six and a stroller. Any suggestions on how I can get my planner to understand what I mean?

Tell her you want an 8-passenger "luxury van" for 2 one-way trips. If she's still confused, have her call their vendor, Mears.

Tell her you want an 8-passenger "luxury van" for 2 one-way trips. If she's still confused, have her call their vendor, Mears.
I finally did get that answer! I will only need to transport back to the poly so I hope they let me book it just one way, again thank you for all your help!!!

Hi all! My husband and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary this December and were toying with the idea of doing a dessert party for just a party of ten. Would love to do it at UK Pubside just for the opportunity for fireworks shots ....we did an Epcot shoot during our honeymoon and it was fabulous. Question is though, can you wear a wedding dress into the park if the dessert party isn't an add on to a Disney wedding package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter