How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

I've only been using email to contact them (I have a crazy schedule and that's the easiest form of communication for me).
What's funny is that I originally contacted Catering as soon as I got our date from the Wedding dept. As soon as I mentioned DFTW, they told me to speak to our wedding coordinator. I did but seeing I was only going to go with the Memories wedding, she sent an email back to Catering to handle it. But since then, they have been quick to respond.

Ok I called again today, I did get a call back but not from an event planner, I felt like I was being screened again. I did get a voicemail for an event planner so that's progress. Still waiting for some quotes from photographers.

Just got my call back from an event planner and we are rolling now!! Just need approval from the park for UK pubside. Now I need to plan the menu. I will have to do some research here on the dis. What time do you think is better 815-915 or 830-930, suggestions?

I'd go with 8:15 because once IllumiNations starts at 9, the party is basically over. That way you have more time to eat and chat beforehand.

I'd go with 8:15 because once IllumiNations starts at 9, the party is basically over. That way you have more time to eat and chat beforehand.
I was thinking that too, but then I thought I might like the 15 after to let the crowds disperse?

Honestly, they're not going to throw you out the moment the show is over. You'll get crowd-dispersing time if you want it, but the food service will stop when your hour's up. So better to have more of it before the show, IMHO...

Honestly, they're not going to throw you out the moment the show is over. You'll get crowd-dispersing time if you want it, but the food service will stop when your hour's up. So better to have more of it before the show, IMHO...
Oh then I will go with the early time, thanks so much for all your help!

I am really overwhelmed with all the options. I will have my children 4 and 9 with us....suggestions? They LOVE cotton cand so that is on my wish list, also I want a cheese/meat platter, then i get a bit lost

one last question, if I am paying for 10, but we are only 6, is there anything stopping me from throwing some pixie dust to a few people in the park that night? My children tend to make friends so could I invite in another family on the spot if I wanted?

I am really overwhelmed with all the options. I will have my children 4 and 9 with us....suggestions? They LOVE cotton cand so that is on my wish list, also I want a cheese/meat platter, then i get a bit lost

We had a build-your-own Mac 'n' cheese bar that was pretty awesome!

one last question, if I am paying for 10, but we are only 6, is there anything stopping me from throwing some pixie dust to a few people in the park that night? My children tend to make friends so could I invite in another family on the spot if I wanted?

Sure! As long as Dianey knows to set it up for 10.

Hi all! After a whirlwind Christmas season I am back in planning mode! I was thinking of getting private transportation back to the resort just to finish off the night with a bang, but the quote from disney is a bit high, any suggestions?

If it needs to go backstage to get you (like if you wanted to be picked up from World Showcase), it has to be provided by Disney, who uses Mears. A one-way town car costs $30ish and an 8-passenger van is $40. How many people do you need to transport, and where do you want to be picked up? If it's just the two of you, I'd do an Uber.

It's 2016 and I'm already thinking about this year's birthday. Last year I did a dessert party at UK Pubside. Any suggestions on what my options might be for a follow up? It's me, dh and our three kids--7, 7 and 12.

It's 2016 and I'm already thinking about this year's birthday. Last year I did a dessert party at UK Pubside. Any suggestions on what my options might be for a follow up? It's me, dh and our three kids--7, 7 and 12.

If you want to stay in Epcot I think Bonsai is the only other small location... or you could do a cruise. If it was me though I'd do a Wishes cruise with food.

If you want to stay in Epcot I think Bonsai is the only other small location... or you could do a cruise. If it was me though I'd do a Wishes cruise with food.
Looking to move from Epcot. How do you book the wishes cruise. Do you use a planner for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter