How many days for DLP?

brad813

DIS Veteran
Assuming the park reopens before my trip to Europe(I am an American), which will be October or later, how many days should I plan on for Disneyland Paris? This is both my first trip to Europe and may very well be my first trip to any Disneyland(been to Disney World a couple times though), and just need to know what to expect as far as time requirements.

We were there in December 2019 (stayed onsite) for 3 days and we wish we only had spent two. Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park but not huge and Walt Disney Studios Park is tiny...smaller than Anaheim and nowhere near the scale of Walt Disney World. If you were doing a day trip you could probably do it one day if you hit park at rope drop.

We were there in December 2019 (stayed onsite) for 3 days and we wish we only had spent two. Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park but not huge and Walt Disney Studios Park is tiny...smaller than Anaheim and nowhere near the scale of Walt Disney World. If you were doing a day trip you could probably do it one day if you hit park at rope drop.

I am planning to stop off on Paris for just a few days before going to the UK, assuming I don’t make stop offs in other parts of France as well(which would make it longer), before moving on. I thought I could do Disneyland Paris while in the neighborhood.

Then yes, you can explore quite easily without kids slowing you down. I'd say 2 days to enjoy and feel like you've done everything, but if you're only in Paris for a short while there is strong argument for only devoting one day for the journey out there and just really going for it. It's easy to walk between parks as the gates are right next to each other.

Then yes, you can explore quite easily without kids slowing you down. I'd say 2 days to enjoy and feel like you've done everything, but if you're only in Paris for a short while there is strong argument for only devoting one day for the journey out there and just really going for it. It's easy to walk between parks as the gates are right next to each other.

Don’t mind my self-deprecating humor, but that aside, it will depend mainly on what I find for lodging but I obviously would like to see a little bit of Paris while I can, a small taste to determine if I want the full meal later.

I would say at least 2, and if you love shows go for three. October is one of the best times of the year for Disneyland Paris, great for characters.
Yes, The Studios is small, but with the new stuff arriving, and Mickey and the Magician, the new Disney Jr. Show, I wouldn't skip it.

Keep in mind that usually the last two weeks of October are school holidays in France.

I would say at least 2, and if you love shows go for three. October is one of the best times of the year for Disneyland Paris, great for characters.
Yes, The Studios is small, but with the new stuff arriving, and Mickey and the Magician, the new Disney Jr. Show, I wouldn't skip it.

Keep in mind that usually the last two weeks of October are school holidays in France.

I have moved my travel plans up a couple of weeks, and should arrive in Paris no later than the second week of October.

If you stay in Paris, you can use the trains to get to Disneyland... be prepared, and I only suggest this if you are okay with changing trains, and/or have some experience with them

Now with that said, you have to see think about the strikes... and if you miss the last train, you could end up with a very expensive taxi or uber ride back into the Paris... which is over an hour away...

We did 3 night and 3 days in the parks- well really, 2 full days, and 1/2 day in the parks... we aren't commando style visitor nor are we rope drop... so for us this was the right amount of time.

If you stay in Paris, you can use the trains to get to Disneyland... be prepared, and I only suggest this if you are okay with changing trains, and/or have some experience with them

Now with that said, you have to see think about the strikes... and if you miss the last train, you could end up with a very expensive taxi or uber ride back into the Paris... which is over an hour away...

We did 3 night and 3 days in the parks- well really, 2 full days, and 1/2 day in the parks... we aren't commando style visitor nor are we rope drop... so for us this was the right amount of time.

I am doing a short stay in Paris in October, not entirely sure how long just yet. I just happen to be in Europe so thought it may be worthwhile to check out DLP.

We have covered huge amounts of the parks in single day visits. We have been the first car in as the car park opened and still been in Disney village at 1am the next day.

We usually do studios first and it closes earlier than magic Kingdom. I don't actually like the fast pass system, so very rarely bother using it . I end up feeling like I'm just walking back and forth around the park to collect tickets and then use them.

You can definitely do plenty in one day if that's all the time you have. I will say we are usually exhausted after doing a open- close long day. I'm not sure I would fancy then over an hour of train train, connections late at night.

We have covered huge amounts of the parks in single day visits. We have been the first car in as the car park opened and still been in Disney village at 1am the next day.

We usually do studios first and it closes earlier than magic Kingdom. I don't actually like the fast pass system, so very rarely bother using it . I end up feeling like I'm just walking back and forth around the park to collect tickets and then use them.

You can definitely do plenty in one day if that's all the time you have. I will say we are usually exhausted after doing a open- close long day. I'm not sure I would fancy then over an hour of train train, connections late at night.

I don’t drive so have become accustomed to longer commutes at times, but that said, I generally don’t have any issue being out late if I need to be, even in strange cities(experienced traveler).

I don’t drive so have become accustomed to longer commutes at times, but that said, I generally don’t have any issue being out late if I need to be, even in strange cities(experienced traveler).

The park days are not insanely long in October anyway so it probably won't be too bad.

We did just over 16 hour park day one August and I remember leaving the park and thinking how I wished I splashed out that bit more and was staying in the Disneyland hotel 😂the walk to the car and that last drive to our hotel felt horrible

The park days are not insanely long in October anyway so it probably won't be too bad.

We did just over 16 hour park day one August and I remember leaving the park and thinking how I wished I splashed out that bit more and was staying in the Disneyland hotel 😂the walk to the car and that last drive to our hotel felt horrible

I am doing a Greek Isles Cruise(NCL) at the end of September and figured I could stopover in Paris on the way to visit friends in the UK before heading back stateside.

2 days is the perfect amount I think. I use an app called 'city mapper ' you can't beat it. It will help you navigate to the park, give you fantastic instructions (where to walk, how much, what platform etc) it gets me around Paris (and other city's) in a breeze.

I would also plan 2 If you want to try the new Spiderman ride. I expect that to have big ques!

I've only ever done one day visits with a park hopper. It's typically enough for us to hit all of the basics since The Studios is so small. At closing time we stroll through the Downtown Disney/Springs part which is bigger than it looks like it's going to be, but it gets crowded since the entire park crowds are doing the same. If you're more than interested in seeing the differences in the parks, I'd go for 2 days. That to me is more than enough. The City of Paris is much more enticing. We stayed in the 11th Arrondissement and it was the perfect location, more of a neighborhood vibe and less touristy but super close to everything with easy train changes. My suggestion, find a hotel at the Charronne train stop...it has an escalator. You don't know how happy you'll be to see one of those rare beauties there. lol I've never climbed so many stairs dragging a suitcase in my LIFE!

PS don't let the trains in Paris scare you. Just memorize the color of the line by your hotel and the names are associated with the direction in which they travel. For example say the yellow line runs from Smith to Jones, just remember if you left for the day heading towards Jones....you'll find your way home by getting back to the yellow line and heading towards Smith until it hits your stop. (it took us forever to figure that out lol) I WISH the names were as easy as that but no such luck lol. I can only assume that this is how all trains work, but I don't live in an area with anything like that so I'm an idiot :joker: Needless to say, by the time it was time for us to leave, we had it all figured out like pros. :rolleyes:

Going to Disneyland is pretty straightforward. You take the local trains to one of the central RER train stations (it's a different type of train than downtown) and head towards Marne-la-Vallee/Chessy and ride it alllll the way to the end and it will drop you off just steps from the turnstiles! It's kinda neat to ride through the "regular" sections of Paris where you would guess the Walmarts would be haha! Then you get to see a little countryside and DL is out there in the middle of nowhere. Man you're making me want to go!!! If you have any questions just ask! I loved it, and it was so affordable that I went back the next year too! I'm like a pro now. lol

PS don't let the trains in Paris scare you. Just memorize the color of the line by your hotel and the names are associated with the direction in which they travel. For example say the yellow line runs from Smith to Jones, just remember if you left for the day heading towards Jones....you'll find your way home by getting back to the yellow line and heading towards Smith until it hits your stop. (it took us forever to figure that out lol) I WISH the names were as easy as that but no such luck lol. I can only assume that this is how all trains work, but I don't live in an area with anything like that so I'm an idiot :joker: Needless to say, by the time it was time for us to leave, we had it all figured out like pros. :rolleyes:

Going to Disneyland is pretty straightforward. You take the local trains to one of the central RER train stations (it's a different type of train than downtown) and head towards Marne-la-Vallee/Chessy and ride it alllll the way to the end and it will drop you off just steps from the turnstiles! It's kinda neat to ride through the "regular" sections of Paris where you would guess the Walmarts would be haha! Then you get to see a little countryside and DL is out there in the middle of nowhere. Man you're making me want to go!!! If you have any questions just ask! I loved it, and it was so affordable that I went back the next year too! I'm like a pro now. lol
Don't forget the station signs all have Mickey ears on for directions. Also the app I told you guys about city mapper. It makes it so easy... But remember don't use the public loos!

Don't forget the station signs all have Mickey ears on for directions. Also the app I told you guys about city mapper. It makes it so easy... But remember don't use the public loos!
Oh yeah! I forgot about the Mickey ears beside the names! That was a huge help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter