How many days for DLP?

brad813

DIS Veteran
Assuming the park reopens before my trip to Europe(I am an American), which will be October or later, how many days should I plan on for Disneyland Paris? This is both my first trip to Europe and may very well be my first trip to any Disneyland(been to Disney World a couple times though), and just need to know what to expect as far as time requirements.

disneylandlou

Earning My Ears
We were there in December 2019 (stayed onsite) for 3 days and we wish we only had spent two. Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park but not huge and Walt Disney Studios Park is tiny...smaller than Anaheim and nowhere near the scale of Walt Disney World. If you were doing a day trip you could probably do it one day if you hit park at rope drop.

brad813

DIS Veteran
We were there in December 2019 (stayed onsite) for 3 days and we wish we only had spent two. Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park but not huge and Walt Disney Studios Park is tiny...smaller than Anaheim and nowhere near the scale of Walt Disney World. If you were doing a day trip you could probably do it one day if you hit park at rope drop.
I am planning to stop off on Paris for just a few days before going to the UK, assuming I don’t make stop offs in other parts of France as well(which would make it longer), before moving on. I thought I could do Disneyland Paris while in the neighborhood.

Kate_45

Mouseketeer
Then yes, you can explore quite easily without kids slowing you down. I'd say 2 days to enjoy and feel like you've done everything, but if you're only in Paris for a short while there is strong argument for only devoting one day for the journey out there and just really going for it. It's easy to walk between parks as the gates are right next to each other.

brad813

DIS Veteran
Then yes, you can explore quite easily without kids slowing you down. I'd say 2 days to enjoy and feel like you've done everything, but if you're only in Paris for a short while there is strong argument for only devoting one day for the journey out there and just really going for it. It's easy to walk between parks as the gates are right next to each other.
Don’t mind my self-deprecating humor, but that aside, it will depend mainly on what I find for lodging but I obviously would like to see a little bit of Paris while I can, a small taste to determine if I want the full meal later.

• Karin1984

DIS Veteran
    I would say at least 2, and if you love shows go for three. October is one of the best times of the year for Disneyland Paris, great for characters.
    Yes, The Studios is small, but with the new stuff arriving, and Mickey and the Magician, the new Disney Jr. Show, I wouldn't skip it.

Keep in mind that usually the last two weeks of October are school holidays in France.

brad813

DIS Veteran
    I would say at least 2, and if you love shows go for three. October is one of the best times of the year for Disneyland Paris, great for characters.
    Yes, The Studios is small, but with the new stuff arriving, and Mickey and the Magician, the new Disney Jr. Show, I wouldn't skip it.

Keep in mind that usually the last two weeks of October are school holidays in France.
    I have moved my travel plans up a couple of weeks, and should arrive in Paris no later than the second week of October.

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
    If you stay in Paris, you can use the trains to get to Disneyland... be prepared, and I only suggest this if you are okay with changing trains, and/or have some experience with them

Now with that said, you have to see think about the strikes... and if you miss the last train, you could end up with a very expensive taxi or uber ride back into the Paris... which is over an hour away...

We did 3 night and 3 days in the parks- well really, 2 full days, and 1/2 day in the parks... we aren't commando style visitor nor are we rope drop... so for us this was the right amount of time.

brad813

DIS Veteran
    If you stay in Paris, you can use the trains to get to Disneyland... be prepared, and I only suggest this if you are okay with changing trains, and/or have some experience with them

Now with that said, you have to see think about the strikes... and if you miss the last train, you could end up with a very expensive taxi or uber ride back into the Paris... which is over an hour away...

We did 3 night and 3 days in the parks- well really, 2 full days, and 1/2 day in the parks... we aren't commando style visitor nor are we rope drop... so for us this was the right amount of time.
    I am doing a short stay in Paris in October, not entirely sure how long just yet. I just happen to be in Europe so thought it may be worthwhile to check out DLP.

• bex7583

DIS Veteran
    We have covered huge amounts of the parks in single day visits. We have been the first car in as the car park opened and still been in Disney village at 1am the next day.

We usually do studios first and it closes earlier than magic Kingdom. I don't actually like the fast pass system, so very rarely bother using it . I end up feeling like I'm just walking back and forth around the park to collect tickets and then use them.

You can definitely do plenty in one day if that's all the time you have. I will say we are usually exhausted after doing a open- close long day. I'm not sure I would fancy then over an hour of train train, connections late at night.

brad813

DIS Veteran
    We have covered huge amounts of the parks in single day visits. We have been the first car in as the car park opened and still been in Disney village at 1am the next day.

We usually do studios first and it closes earlier than magic Kingdom. I don't actually like the fast pass system, so very rarely bother using it . I end up feeling like I'm just walking back and forth around the park to collect tickets and then use them.

You can definitely do plenty in one day if that's all the time you have. I will say we are usually exhausted after doing a open- close long day. I'm not sure I would fancy then over an hour of train train, connections late at night.
    I don’t drive so have become accustomed to longer commutes at times, but that said, I generally don’t have any issue being out late if I need to be, even in strange cities(experienced traveler).

bex7583

DIS Veteran
    I don’t drive so have become accustomed to longer commutes at times, but that said, I generally don’t have any issue being out late if I need to be, even in strange cities(experienced traveler).

The park days are not insanely long in October anyway so it probably won't be too bad.

We did just over 16 hour park day one August and I remember leaving the park and thinking how I wished I splashed out that bit more and was staying in the Disneyland hotel 😂the walk to the car and that last drive to our hotel felt horrible

brad813

DIS Veteran
    The park days are not insanely long in October anyway so it probably won't be too bad.

We did just over 16 hour park day one August and I remember leaving the park and thinking how I wished I splashed out that bit more and was staying in the Disneyland hotel 😂the walk to the car and that last drive to our hotel felt horrible
    I am doing a Greek Isles Cruise(NCL) at the end of September and figured I could stopover in Paris on the way to visit friends in the UK before heading back stateside.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES