How far in advance? When do YOU think is best?

Marsheliz

DIS Veteran
Can you book?? I am sure some of you read that my trip 2 weeks ago just wasn't so magical and I am already wanting to go back.. Unfortunately, it will probably be at least 2 years before we can go... My boys now are 4 and 1 and I want another child within the next 3 years so the plan would be to go maybe in 2 years when Lawson is closer to 6 and Landen 3.

I am also trying to decide when the best time to go is.. I really would love a Christmas vacation but I know how packed and how expensive it can be..... It would be nice to plan a birthday trip for my oldest one year but July is TOO HOT! Landen and my birthday is in October so maybe that would work.. but... We like to go when they have free dining and there is no way to tell, huh?

Help me out! :)))

I booked in August for an April trip, and I am sure you can book a year ahead of time... although I have to say booking that early drove me crazy, because I couldn't stop thinking about the trip and ended up over-planning.

I've gone at all times but my favorite trip was in late October/early November. Great weather and not that crowded. Loved being there for the Halloween decorations, and then a couple days later, seeing all the parks decorated for Christmas!

I would aim for right before your youngest turns 3 (that's when you have to start paying for them). My son turns 3 in January so we are going in Nov. I think the most you can book is a year in advance. For the past few years, they've offered free dining in the fall so you've got a good shot at it. Or at least some other good deal. I'm already starting to map out our next trip in Fall 2014.

I love the fall too!! I figured we would have a good shot at it as well.. I am aiming for Fall 2014 too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter