HORRIBLE experience @ after hours. Any remedies? RANT LONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FA station in Epcot was such a glorious peaceful respite when I went there with a migraine that I considered hanging out longer just for the peace and quiet. They happily handed over ibuprofen for DH and I whine both had headaches (not drinking enough water and we made he mistake of having a margarita...neither of us ever drinks alcohol. Bad idea)

They'll even give you cold medicine, eye drops, Dramamine, etc. And everyone I've interacted with at the First Aid stations has been very helpful and kind.

I’m glad you had a better experience. Something along those lines is what I was expecting.

To be honest, I felt like many times the staff at Disney was just not helpful. I might have just been there on a bad week, but it seemed like no one cared to go above or beyond at all on my trip, which was frustrating because I spent a lot on this. (As does everyone.).

Another example to add to my rant.

I took my son to Boma one night. He is a picky eater, but I wanted one really nice meal while I was there.

Long story short, the kids selection seemed extremely small and all he would eat was macaroni And on top of that he only ate about 2 bites. When I asked for bill I asked for a to go box for the macaroni (his first and only serving btw). I just thought if he was hungry later he could eat it.

They acted like I was making a crazy and unreasonable request. Look- I totally get not taking advantage of a buffet but literally, I was paying 27.99 for him to eat two bites of macaroni. I just wanted to take to the room the rest of the macaroni on the plate. They seemed so flustered and finally brought me a TO GO COFFEE CUP to put the macaroni in. The macaroni filled up about 1/3 of the cup (to put in perspective how much food I was trying to take.) I spent $120 there for me and a 4 year old.

It was just mind blowing. It’s just not what I expected from Disney, and I started to think maybe I have unreal expectations- your response let me know there is Disney staff who take their jobs and customer service seriously.

Ask for a refund.

Lol

lol to be honest I actually was thinking (as a law student) hmm I wonder if Florida is a contributory or comparative negligence state, because I do feel like I should take some of the blame.

I must admit though, I’m not from here and seeing the event and ride open, as well as others with little kids l, I thought maybe this was “typical” Florida weather. As soon as I was told some stands were closed for safety of workers we LEFT.

Looking back, we should have skipped whole thing. I was trying to make my kiddo happy - it was our only chance for AK. I thought we could make silly crazy memories in the rain.

Even if we don’t blame Disney for the injury (which I do, in part) I do blame them for their reaction, or lack of.

Ignore the Sanctimommies. It's not your fault. It was just an accident. They happen - even to the Sanctimommy kids. They just like to pretend otherwise.

So sorry you had to go through that, especially being a single parent with no help. I'm hoping you were able to reach out to someone today to vent your frustration and that your day is more magical today!

Indeed. I just wonder why no one, absolutely no one, in any capacity came to the OP’s aid. Not a single Good Samaritan, paid or unpaid?

On a very stormy night, in pouring rain conditions, and in the dark, I imagine many guests just didn't notice due to the noise, the decrease in visibility, and because they were dealing with all of the issues of the storm themselves.

But there is no excuse for the cast members to behave as described. None at all.

Okay, for all of the perfect parents here, take the child out of the equation. I'm an adult and I can certainly fall on a ride. If I opted to ride an open ride and fell and was bleeding all over the darn place, I'd still think the CM behavior was just as appalling as if the person injured was a kid. (Only you couldn't blame my mother for it.)

For that matter, take away the rain. (Then you couldn't blame me for riding a ride in the rain, either.) People trip and fall on perfectly sunny days, too. The problem would STILL be the CM behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter