HORRIBLE experience @ after hours. Any remedies? RANT LONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds very dramatic with blood and a screaming hysterical child. Neither guests who witnessed the incident, guests who saw your bleeding and hysterical child nor numerous CMs offered to help you? Astonishing that so many passers by, both fellow guests and CMs at various stations and positions all ignored you. Shame on us all.
Do you have children? Some children become hysterical at the sight of blood, especially a 4 year old.

If true, it's very disappointing to hear this.
I do find it very hard to believe that not a single CM directed you to first aid or that no guests offered aid if your son's leg was "stuck" under the ride. One thing that Disney takes very seriously is safety of guests.

One other tip is that when you are vacationing at Disney in the summer you always need ponchos. That would have at least mitigated some of the issues with the rain and being soaking wet. Generally speaking, most outdoor rides only shut down if there is lightning within a certain radius of WDW, rain itself does not shut down rides. We rode Slinky Dog Dash in the rain a few weeks ago. The parks can still be enjoyable in the rain, you just need to be prepared to deal with the weather.

I do find it very hard to believe that not a single CM directed you to first aid or that no guests offered aid if your son's leg was "stuck" under the ride. One thing that Disney takes very seriously is safety of guests.

One other tip is that when you are vacationing at Disney in the summer you always need ponchos. That would have at least mitigated some of the issues with the rain and being soaking wet. Generally speaking, most outdoor rides only shut down if there is lightning within a certain radius of WDW, rain itself does not shut down rides. We rode Slinky Dog Dash in the rain a few weeks ago. The parks can still be enjoyable in the rain, you just need to be prepared to deal with the weather.
The power went out last night in multiple places around WDW due to the storms. Rain doesn't cause power outages.

And even wearing a poncho in FL rarely keeps you dry in downpours.

I don't find it hard to believe not a single CM helped her. There are plenty of horror stories about CM interaction/attitude.

There are times when ponchos just don't help and they sure don't keep carts and rides open. Dealing with a passing afternoon rain is one thing, but when it's a special ticket event or party you've paid for that is severely impacted, it's frustrating and upsetting. We've dealt with it 3 times in a row now with the dessert pkg for Fantasmic- something my 7 yr old grandson wants to do and see badly and we're giving it another shot next month. But not everyone goes back often, making issues even more upsetting. It's not just a matter of thrown a poncho on and carry on sometimes. I realize WDW can't control the weather, but it makes it no less disappointing when it happens.

I'm going to take the OP at her word that it happened as she said it did. I find it shocking that she got the kind of treatment she did, but I also know WDW isn't perfect and sometimes they fail and fail badly. In my experience, I rarely run into a CM that doesn't do their job well, but when I do, it's almost always at AK. I don't know why that is, maybe just pure bad luck, but that's how it is for me. From CM's right down to guest services, if I had to rank them, AK would come in last in C/S.

Yes. This is true. I was shocked. You can see my profile- I’m a long time poster. I was pretty scared at first. As he was stepping off the “step” of the ride his foot slipped, causing him to fall On ground, and his back leg slipping under him went like under the ride so in between the concrete where you stand to get on and the actual ride itself It was scary. And yes. No one helped at all.

Also- we HAD ponchos. We were prepared. It was just pouring rain. Like POURING. But like I said it wasn’t the rain that made me upset or made us leave. It was when he got hurt. Then, when we are told there’s only ONE stand open because it’s too dangerous for workers to be out- that really doesn’t make me feel very safe

Yes. This is true. I was shocked. You can see my profile- I’m a long time poster. I was pretty scared at first. As he was stepping off the “step” of the ride his foot slipped, causing him to fall On ground, and his back leg slipping under him went like under the ride so in between the concrete where you stand to get on and the actual ride itself It was scary. And yes. No one helped at all.

Also- we HAD ponchos. We were prepared. It was just pouring rain. Like POURING. But like I said it wasn’t the rain that made me upset or made us leave. It was when he got hurt. Then, when we are told there’s only ONE stand open because it’s too dangerous for workers to be out- that really doesn’t make me feel very safe

Maybe dont go on a ride while its POURING out with a 4 year old?

Do you have children? Some children become hysterical at the sight of blood, especially a 4 year old.
Indeed. I just wonder why no one, absolutely no one, in any capacity came to the OP’s aid. Not a single Good Samaritan, paid or unpaid? A truly sad indictment of society today.

OP perhaps take photographs of your child’s legs, if you haven’t already and ask WDW for any cctv footage of the fall.

Many moons ago.....back in the 90's

My brother cut his leg from a stray screw sticking out of a table at the Cinderella Castle restaurant.

Not only did no one help us, but they sent us to first aid by the Crystal Palace as he was bleeding at dinner. By the time we were finished there the park was closed to us (but a private after hours event was being held).

By the time my parents were done taking Disney to task we had 5, un-expiring 3 day park hoppers for our next vacation, along with dinner at the castle. ;)

Seems somethings never change.

You do NOT need to justify yourself! There will always be someone here who blames the poster and defends WDW no matter what. What happened to you was terrible. You don't need people here piling up on you about it.

You mean a ride that WDW thought was safe enough to operate? :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
I'm sorry, is Disney the parent or are you? Yes what they did was unacceptable but take responsibly for your actions on taking a 4 yr old to an after hours event in what many have said was a thunderstorm. Then dragging that child around in pouring rain. Hell no! Screw the money my child's well being is priority one.

I'm sorry, is Disney the parent or are you? Yes what they did was unacceptable but take responsibly for your actions on taking a 4 yr old to an after hours event in what many have said was a thunderstorm. Then dragging that child around in pouring rain. Hell no! Screw the money my child's well being is priority one.
LOL I'm not the parent. ;) Disney is 100% responsible for how this was handled, not the parent. People really need to stop making excuses for Disney.

You mean the ride the child hurt themselves on because of the POURING rain? :sad2:
To be honest reading the original post, what she did seems completely reasonable. Don't shame her... I would assume that the ride is safe to ride if Disney has it open. Accidents can happen like this even without the rain. The real problem is that Cast Members did not step up to do their job and help this mom and child out. My daughter slipped on wet tiles while she was RUNNING to see Goofy. She shouldn't be running should she... it was her fault. She was a child excited to see Goofy and didn't think about the puddles of rain on tiles and her in flip flops. BUT... when she fell and hit her head, Cast members came to her aid so quickly and helped us properly. That's what I expect from Disney.
I'm sorry that this happened to this mom. If I was there, I would have given you a band aid. Hope that you at least get your money back for the DAH event.

Maybe dont go on a ride while its POURING out with a 4 year old?

Hmmmm what an insensitive thing to say, I can easily see trying to salvage a an otherwise difficult evening in the park for which you have shelled out a lot of hard earned money to attend. Perhaps Disney should take their ride safety more serious......

Again what an insensitive thing to say. As a parent shame on you for passing judgement on another parent, you do not know their circumstance other than they were trying to make the best of a poor situation. Its sanctimonious attitudes of other parents that ruin a good Disney Trip for other parents.

If the situation was that bad perhaps Disney should have can cancelled the event and given refunds instead of making people choose whether it is safe enough to attend. They certainly seemed able to close the park during a hurricane passing through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter