Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

As with all things Disney, it's not for everyone. Everyone at Disney has different values on everything. Other than the DVC Lounge, none of the other things you listed that you enjoy would appeal to me at all. The package does appeal to me. It's all good, there is something for everyone.

Everything new is fairly vague until it starts. I know I'll get at least 4-5 adult drinks, 2 appetizers, cheese assortment, entree from Citricos, dessert assortment, coffee and valet. AND private fireworks view. But it does read like there may be multiple appetizers offered a one stop and drink(s). Kinda wish I were going this week so I would be surprised.

Exactly - not for everyone! I've ridden around on the monorail and had drinks, etc but this should be special and different. I have no desire to do Club Villian or Mickey's Halloween party but kudos to those of you that do!

Also - pretty sure I read cordials available at the dessert portion too. (Please have Baileys!)

How long before lurkers start showing up to the Wave and just following them along their journey?

lurker.gif
I prefer the term "researchers"

Exactly - not for everyone! I've ridden around on the monorail and had drinks, etc but this should be special and different. I have no desire to do Club Villian or Mickey's Halloween party but kudos to those of you that do!

Also - pretty sure I read cordials available at the dessert portion too. (Please have Baileys!)

Yes; assortment of desserts, cordials and coffee (maybe cordial in your coffee).

We are always looking for something different. I've been going for 45 years, I like when there is new perspective to something. I think this may hold appeal to locals and APs who are looking for a new experience, for honeymooners, anniversary and birthday celebrate-rs, for families with adult kids who would like an "older" experience. That is what is so great about Disney, something for everyone, every age, etc.

Yes; assortment of desserts, cordials and coffee (maybe cordial in your coffee).

We are always looking for something different. I've been going for 45 years, I like when there is new perspective to something. I think this may hold appeal to locals and APs who are looking for a new experience, for honeymooners, anniversary and birthday celebrate-rs, for families with adult kids who would like an "older" experience. That is what is so great about Disney, something for everyone, every age, etc.
Exactly. We have a 13 year old and this is first and maybe only time until she moves out that we will have a couple of Disney days without her. She will be at Disney with her school for the first 2 days of our trip, then joining us to finish out the week. We wouldn't do this with her in tow, but it looks like it will be a great couples event.

So, of course what appeals to us is completely different...I'm traveling with my two sisters - my third sister doesn't want to come - and as I've mentioned, one hasn't been to WDW in about 20 years - much has changed! She's a little overwhelmed with how different things seem (she waxes nostalgic about her Riverboat trip in which her son casually chatted with Davey Crockett!), plus we're going the week after Easter. We haven't done a trip together for about 14 years, and in theory, we're celebrating milestone birthdays so we want to do something special.

She really wants to see Wishes but doesn't really want to camp out all night, and knows it will be super crowded in the park for Wishes. When I told her about this event, she loved the sound of it. She hasn't seen any of the monorail resorts, and she loves the idea of traveling around, being taken care of, and not having to worry or think about anything. I know the lay of the land and could take her around, and we would have a blast, but she loves the idea of not having to make lots of little decisions and have to negotiate with her two opinionated sisters :rolleyes1 about how long we stay someplace, what we do next, etc. It probably won't even be offered our week, so we can figure something else out, but her hope would be to do it early in the trip so if she wants to go back somewhere, we can...if it is offered, I have a sinking feeling we'll be paying more...

I think this may hold appeal to locals and APs who are looking for a new experience, for honeymooners, anniversary and birthday celebrate-rs, for families with adult kids who would like an "older" experience. That is what is so great about Disney, something for everyone, every age, etc.
Absolutely agree! When I first saw this, my reaction was just sadness - sadness that they didn't have this last year when DH and I had our first sans-kids trip, for our 15th anniversary. It'll be a good number of years until that happens again (like, sheesh, 8? when the youngest heads to college), unless a grandparent offers to take the kids again for our 20th, which I doubt. At least I get to enjoy vicariously through others lucky enough to go who take the time to report!

Darn! Snooze, you lose! I was gonna book for our trip in January. Bummer!

Stalk after this weekend when reviews come in. Not unusual for those in know to book opening day to make sure they don't lose and then decide after reviews if they will keep. I dropped the Jingle BAM Dessert Party after reviews came out. Not saying bad reviews but sometimes it doesn't fit ... like location, tables, chairs or not ... for this it might be menu etc.

Stalk after this weekend when reviews come in. Not unusual for those in know to book opening day to make sure they don't lose and then decide after reviews if they will keep. I dropped the Jingle BAM Dessert Party after reviews came out. Not saying bad reviews but sometimes it doesn't fit ... like location, tables, chairs or not ... for this it might be menu etc.

Thanks! I will do that! We are celebrating our anniversary, so this was a perfect date night opportunity.

Absolutely agree! When I first saw this, my reaction was just sadness - sadness that they didn't have this last year when DH and I had our first sans-kids trip, for our 15th anniversary. It'll be a good number of years until that happens again (like, sheesh, 8? when the youngest heads to college), unless a grandparent offers to take the kids again for our 20th, which I doubt. At least I get to enjoy vicariously through others lucky enough to go who take the time to report!

Have you ever used the kids clubs at the Disney resorts? Our son loves them. Unfortunately, he is getting almost too old to go, but there is the babysitting service or when he's old enough, stay at the resort under threat of death if he leaves the room or does anything stupid:rolleyes:

Have you ever used the kids clubs at the Disney resorts? Our son loves them. Unfortunately, he is getting almost too old to go, but there is the babysitting service or when he's old enough, stay at the resort under threat of death if he leaves the room or does anything stupid:rolleyes:
We went to Disneyland for the 60th in April and that was most definitely our last gasp with the parks' kids clubs. Our oldest was almost 11 then and dealt with it for a couple hours one day; fast forward about a month and a half to Aulani, and she really felt too old for their kids club and was unhappy. Now, 6 months later- she'd revolt, ha! I think we're officially in that "in-between" awkward stage where they are too young to go off on their own in the parks, but too old to actually enjoy the kids' clubs. DS is 3 and 1/2 years younger than her, so it'll be a while before I feel comfortable sending them off on their own, I'm afraid!

They got me on this one. As far as value goes, for Disney, this event seems pretty good. We cancelled the Jingle Bam dessert party and booked this event instead. Double the cost, but sounds great and we will be staying at the Poly anyway. Cant wait for this and the Cali Grill Brunch next week!
Oh please come back here and tell us all about it.

Other than the DVC Lounge, none of the other things you listed that you enjoy would appeal to me at all.

My point is that packages are restrictive. It isn't that you would want to do anything specific, its that there are specifically things you can't do. The trade off for some may be to give up the benefits of being self paced and eating and drinking what you want, when, and where you want for the guarantee of getting "more". Value is being viewed in terms of quantity there. Others may be willing to take the chance they spend a little more to ensure create a package that fits their desires. I just hold off on thinking something is a good deal until I know what is actually being sold.

My point is that packages are restrictive. It isn't that you would want to do anything specific, its that there are specifically things you can't do. The trade off for some may be to give up the benefits of being self paced and eating and drinking what you want, when, and where you want for the guarantee of getting "more". Value is being viewed in terms of quantity there. Others may be willing to take the chance they spend a little more to ensure create a package that fits their desires. I just hold off on thinking something is a good deal until I know what is actually being sold.
I think everyone has a little bit different view on this. I LIKE the fact that this is being planned for me. I don't want to have to worry about how much time I am spending here vs there and making it back in time for wishes. I like the idea of meeting new people. The private wishes viewing is also a big draw for me. Given that it appears this is an extremely limited event, having only 12 or 24 people to share space with appeals. I too am waiting to make final judgment until the reviews are in, but these are the things that drew me to the package. I think that whether this is a good fit definitely depends on your personal touring style and preferences, and it isn't a good idea for everyone. My parents for example would HATE this. They wouldn't be comfortable with a small group of strangers.

I think everyone has a little bit different view on this. I LIKE the fact that this is being planned for me. I don't want to have to worry about how much time I am spending here vs there and making it back in time for wishes. I like the idea of meeting new people. The private wishes viewing is also a big draw for me. Given that it appears this is an extremely limited event, having only 12 or 24 people to share space with appeals. I too am waiting to make final judgment until the reviews are in, but these are the things that drew me to the package. I think that whether this is a good fit definitely depends on your personal touring style and preferences, and it isn't a good idea for everyone. My parents for example would HATE this. They wouldn't be comfortable with a small group of strangers.

YUP to this.

Like we did Club Villain as party of 3. Put a single with us. We had a fun night, met up with them later in the trip and have stayed in touch since. So I'm okay if they give us our own table, make us share a table or put us all together. (and I'm not necessarily a social creature) Not everyone would enjoy the intimate setting, just like some hate Biergarten. I see it as a new adventure, and you are right, no thinking, just enjoying it all. :goodvibes

Hopefully after the reviews, I could add another to my adr. Currently have a reservation for one. I've been stalking the site and to think I thought I was done with that!

I normally don't like too many upcharges for special events that infringe on other guests enjoyment, but this one seems to be a winner:)
I think it is reasonably priced and could be a lot of fun for participants. However, I don't drink alcohol, so this isn't for me,but it is very interesting.
I wonder if anyone who has booked has asked just how many guests are going to be in their group? Does anyone know? Just curious.

The only value in doing this is if the deck viewing is worth $$$ to you. It is not for me. The progressive meal is a great idea but I can have a blast doing this myself for much cheaper and choose what I would like to include. In fact we are doing this several times this trip to try some of the many new restaurants..like a split with appetizer at Frontera and dinner at Raglan.

I normally don't like too many upcharges for special events that infringe on other guests enjoyment, but this one seems to be a winner:)
I think it is reasonably priced and could be a lot of fun for participants. However, I don't drink alcohol, so this isn't for me,but it is very interesting.
I wonder if anyone who has booked has asked just how many guests are going to be in their group? Does anyone know? Just curious.
I asked about that and the wishes viewing area. The phone CM's submitted those questions via a chat function they apparently have and it came back saying that it hasn't been specified in anything they have.

YUP to this.

Like we did Club Villain as party of 3. Put a single with us. We had a fun night, met up with them later in the trip and have stayed in touch since. So I'm okay if they give us our own table, make us share a table or put us all together. (and I'm not necessarily a social creature) Not everyone would enjoy the intimate setting, just like some hate Biergarten. I see it as a new adventure, and you are right, no thinking, just enjoying it all. :goodvibes

We're all Disney lovers... how could we not get along? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter