Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

While I wouldn't personally choose this extra, I don't see an issue with it for other guests. While it may temporarily impact some transport or viewing areas this impact really is quite minimal.

If I'm planning to view/photograph Wishes from the 4th floor viewing area, and I show up to find it closed off to me, the impact isn't going to be minimal. (assuming that turns out to be where viewing for this will be).

I just checked the date I booked in March and it's already sold out! Now if I'm this lucky trying to get Luke Bryan tickets!

It wouldn't be something I would be interested in as I don't drink alcohol, so the value wouldn't be there for me like it would be for most people. I would have to agree that I hope they have a backup plan in place in case there is a monorail issue. Odds are, there won't be, but if you're paying a premium for this experience they need to have their ducks in a row IF something happens. Waiting around for an hour or so for them to figure out a plan on the fly wouldn't really be acceptable. Personally, instead of a bus, I think using a boat would feel like a more acceptable replacement, and would feel more "special" than a Disney bus. Since they have that new water taxi service from GF, something like that would be very appropriate.[/QUOTE]

While I booked for Jan I agree about the value in it if you don't drink. I really don't either, and would love to see a smaller fee if you aren't drinking

If you want this, I would book now. Lots of dates already sold out! I think this must be limited to a small number of people.

I just checked the date I booked in March and it's already sold out! Now if I'm this lucky trying to get Luke Bryan tickets!

WOAH! I figured it would sell well and each night eventually fully booked .............
But being there was no leak this was coming, and it just came out today ...........
I am surprised there are sellouts.
Really curious now how many per night.
Inquiring minds can't wait until this weekend to hear.

VERY glad I booked and didn't keep trying to talk myself out of it.

I hang back by the entrance to the pool, the one closest top the beach and that speaker has the music and there's another speaker in the walkway toward the bungalows that also has it.

That's where we were. Standing with the pool entrance behind us. There was no music at all. We could faintly hear it coming from the concierge lounge anytime someone opened the door and went in. It was odd.

The idea is certainly interesting but "drinking around the monorail" isn't all that new....the big difference here is the package from Disney. On more than one occasion I have started with drinks and apps at the Wave, then to the Tambu Lounge, then drinks and apps at the bar at Narcoose's then on to California Grill (our only ADR) for more food, drinks and wishes.

The $300 (for two people) includes gratuity so the cost can be broken down to about $255 in menu items.

For me, it will be impossible to say whether it's worth it or not (since it can all be done without getting the package) until I see the menu choices at Citricos and if cocktail means cocktailS.

Since all this can be done without the package, I can't really see what the advantage of the package would be unless you cannot get an ADR for CG and really want to be guaranteed a reserved spot for Wishes outside of the park.

Honestly, this doesn't resonate with me either. The monomeal idea is fun, but I think I'd prefer to do it at my own pace at the restaurants I choose and with the full menu options available. I'm also concerned that if the price is reasonable, some corners are being cut somewhere...perhaps smaller portions than what is normally served?

Still, I'm often wrong and would gladly be proven wrong in this case. I'll sure look forward to the reviews. Prediction: If this proves successful for the Mouse, I think you can look forward to something similar at WS.

WOAH! I figured it would sell well and each night eventually fully booked .............
But being there was no leak this was coming, and it just came out today ...........
I am surprised there are sellouts.
Really curious now how many per night.
Inquiring minds can't wait until this weekend to hear.

VERY glad I booked and didn't keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Yeah, tried to book Jan. 14 and it's already booked! Lucky I got Feb. 18! So looking forward to the reviews from this weekend!

Yeah, tried to book Jan. 14 and it's already booked! Lucky I got Feb. 18! So looking forward to the reviews from this weekend!

I just checked all of January for 2 ................. 11 out of 13 nights NOTHING!

This may be totally sold out by the end of the week, before they even have had the first one.

The one day that work prevented me from checking the boards before our trip and the darn thing is sold out! Saw this and thought it sounded awesome for our trip in a couple weeks, but no dice. :sad1:

I will be interested to see where this viewing area is. They had a New Years Party last year where the viewing party was from the porte cochere of the convention center.

Any ideas what sort of food will be offered? I really love the sound of this

Five Courses

Wave = Appetizer, Specialty Cocktail (looked at menu, think we can rule out the cheeses, salad, soup ... so maybe a shrimp, crab cake something easy to serve)

Poly = Island-inspired Libations and Appetizers (Most curious on location here and fingers crossed for Lapu Lapu)

Citricos = Special Chef’s Main Course Selection (I wonder if only one special and if you don't like you can do menu entree)

GF Lobby = Champagne and selection of Artisanal Cheeses (easy one)

Fireworks "Patio" = Assortment of Desserts, Cordial and Coffee (my guess small ones like a dessert party)

I just checked all of January for 2 ................. 11 out of 13 nights NOTHING!

This may be totally sold out by the end of the week, before they even have had the first one.
Our date is Feb 28th it is now sold out too. I think you are right and this is headed for a total sellout before it starts.

Over half the Feb dates are gone, and some in March are sold out.

Five Courses

Wave = Appetizer, Specialty Cocktail (looked at menu, think we can rule out the cheeses, salad, soup ... so maybe a shrimp, crab cake something easy to serve)

Poly = Island-inspired Libations and Appetizers (Most curious on location here and fingers crossed for Lapu Lapu)

Citricos = Special Chef’s Main Course Selection (I wonder if only one special and if you don't like you can do menu entree)

GF Lobby = Champagne and selection of Artisanal Cheeses (easy one)

Fireworks "Patio" = Assortment of Desserts, Cordial and Coffee (my guess small ones like a dessert party)

I was curious about the location at the Poly too...well, I say cheers to the cold meds - enjoy! I'm hoping it's extended to April - I have one sister on board. I have a feeling I will need to be vigilant if so many dates are already selling out...looking forward to hearing reports!

I am so excited and can't wait till the 1st week of May opens up to book.:yay: The price seems very reasonable and a great date night. My DH and i actually have Citricos booked for dinner one of the nights and i just hope we'll be able to get a spot for the Highway in the Sky.pixiedust:

When do you think May will open up?? Any guesses??

Sounds nice. We do something very much like this every trip.

My only issue is the drinks. I really only drink wine. Not a big cocktail fan because so many contain mixers and artificial sugar. "specialty cocktails" are usually too sweet for me.

For those going can you see if wine is an option? What, if anything, is included with the main course?

This seems like a decent deal when it's $159.75 for Multiple courses and includes Gratuity. I wonder if this will be offered during the Height of Spring Break. They aren't doing it during peak Christmas. Does anyone know if they are into April yet? I'm tempted to do this on Saturday night of Star wars Celebration since I'm not doing the Parks for this trip.

This seems like a decent deal when it's $159.75 for Multiple courses and includes Gratuity. I wonder if this will be offered during the Height of Spring Break. They aren't doing it during peak Christmas. Does anyone know if they are into April yet? I'm tempted to do this on Saturday night of Star wars Celebration since I'm not doing the Parks for this trip.

Only goes through March 31 for now - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...AroundLaunchesDec2atWaltDisneyWorldResort0002

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter