HHN 27 Thread

(I'll have to skip some since I can't do strobe lights or vomit smells).

We went to HHN in 2016 and the Exorcist house was supposed to have a vomit smell- we took the RIP tour and the guide warned us. I didn't smell anything, but DS says he did.

Where do you buy tickets that have a specific date listed? The Universal website has a Sunday to Friday one day ticket listed or one that includes Saturday for $20 more. I'll be traveling from out of state.

I went to HHN last year for the first time and now I'm HOOKED. I LOVED IT! I'm trying to convince DH to go back this year (but he HATED it. Was miserable) Last year we went on a Friday night (September 23) and it was very crowded. This year our goal (if I can guilt him :rolleyes:) is a Sunday (September 17) please tell me that it's going to be less crowded (last year we got almost every house done except AHS [cause it was the longest and I felt bad he was so miserable and I don't watch AHS] and missed 1 show (saw Bill and Ted) Terror Tram thing because I didn't see it on the map?

In summary:rolleyes:
How will a Sunday compare to the Friday (will I notice the difference)
How do I convince my Hubby to goo?:tongue:
For that Terror Tram (it wasn't on the map) How do I find out where it is?
Thanks ya'll!

Thanks ya'll!
-Sunday will be less busy. Friday's tend to be busier with the locals
-what exactly did your DH hate about it? Was it just the crowds? Lines? Maybe looking into getting an express pass to solve the line issue.
-I must have missed the Terror Tram too.. are you sure that was Orlando? Or did you go to Hollywood?

-what exactly did your DH hate about it? Was it just the crowds? Lines? Maybe looking into getting an express pass to solve the line issue.
-I must have missed the Terror Tram too.. are you sure that was Orlando? Or did you go to Hollywood?

Glad to hear about the crowds (every house was like an hour+ wait)
He hates being scared..... SO a little problem with HHN....
I went to Orlando. Is the terror tram only in Hollywood? That makes me feel better!! :D

Glad to hear about the crowds (every house was like an hour+ wait)
He hates being scared..... SO a little problem with HHN....
I went to Orlando. Is the terror tram only in Hollywood? That makes me feel better!! :D
Lol idk how to help you out with him not wanting to go. Being scared is kinda the point of HHN! Some liquid courage definitely helped me out lol the specialty drinks were delicious!
I googled the Terror Tram because I didn't remember seeing it too and everything I saw was for Hollywood, so unless someone else has conflicting info, I'm gonna say it was just at Hollywood.

Where do you buy tickets that have a specific date listed? The Universal website has a Sunday to Friday one day ticket listed or one that includes Saturday for $20 more. I'll be traveling from out of state.

You don't buy for a specific date. You'll buy your ticket for that price point of the day you're going. So if you're going Friday you'll just buy a "Friday" ticket that can be used for any Friday that the event is running. The tickets aren't all up for sale yet on the HHN website so you'll have to wait until then to see the tickets you'll want to get.

I went to HHN last year for the first time and now I'm HOOKED. I LOVED IT! I'm trying to convince DH to go back this year (but he HATED it. Was miserable) Last year we went on a Friday night (September 23) and it was very crowded. This year our goal (if I can guilt him :rolleyes:) is a Sunday (September 17) please tell me that it's going to be less crowded (last year we got almost every house done except AHS [cause it was the longest and I felt bad he was so miserable and I don't watch AHS] and missed 1 show (saw Bill and Ted) Terror Tram thing because I didn't see it on the map?

Thanks ya'll!

The terror tram is only done at Hollywood Universal, not Orlando.

And yes there will be a difference in crowds from Friday vs Sunday. If you can avoid Friday or Saturday, then that's always a plus

I'm sure Walking Dead will be back again since it's so popular. They do great jobs on those.

An IT house would be cool

New Leatherface movie suppose to come out later this year, so that might be in

New Halloween movie coming out in October...cmon back Michael!

Some other sites have house confirmation.

And none are April fools posts where I check

That's good to know. I'm a local and we end up at Universal on Sundays more than any other day of the week. We've gone on a Saturday on occasion but those days fill up with other activities often.

Here's my take:

HHN 26 was the first time we attended. If you check my previous post from last year I had a ton of questions and this thread was a tremendous help. So I'll see if I can return the favor.

We stayed onsite at the Hard Rock. We had Frequent Fear passes and went to HHN every night but Saturday (I think). In addition, we also had Express Passes.

Frequent Fear was well worth it for us. Our stay was for a week so we were able to do all the house in 2 nights. Then, we went back and used our Expresses to hit the houses one final time. Basically, you absolutely do not need express pass.

Express Passes are great but you definitely don't need them. It's possible to hit all the houses in one night. The down side to that is, it can be exhausting walking from house to house so I would highly suggest using Stay and Scream. (This is how we were able to hit AHS 2x).

As others have mentioned, try to avoid the weekends. Friday and Saturday were packed and it there were a lot more young people. So if you do get an XP, trying saving it for a weekend night.

I never was actually scared during the event. For me, I look the "theater" that goes into the event. So I appreciate good acting and the cinematography-type feel you get.

This year I think I'll try UnMasking the Horror.

This year will be my first time attending HHN. We're planning on Wed Oct 18th which will likely be after a full day at Universal. I'm thinking of doing the express pass just to assure we get to every house and to lessen our wait times since we'll be in the parks all day. Would we be better off doing HHN on a night we haven't been in the parks? Is there a benefit to buying tickets at Publix or am I better off buying them before we fly down? Thanks for all your help!

This year will be my first time attending HHN. We're planning on Wed Oct 18th which will likely be after a full day at Universal. I'm thinking of doing the express pass just to assure we get to every house and to lessen our wait times since we'll be in the parks all day. Would we be better off doing HHN on a night we haven't been in the parks? Is there a benefit to buying tickets at Publix or am I better off buying them before we fly down? Thanks for all your help!

If you can then I would do HHN on a different day instead of doing HHN after a full day at Universal. It's not a deal breaker but it would be better so you guys aren't as tired and can stay late.

You can wait and buy your tickets at Publix, that's what we do. Benefit to buying before you fly down would be to guarantee your tickets just in case that day sells out (unlikely), and sometimes at Publix if you're attending HHN later in the year it can be harder to find the cards in stock as they get a shipment of them and when they run out they run out. Usually its the Fri & Sat tickets that sell out first at Publix. I believe it was last year when we went that we went around middle/late Oct and we checked our local Publix, sold out. Drove up to Orlando and checked two other Publix stores, both sold out. So we ended up just going on our phones and buying tickets through the Universal website.

Frequent Fear was well worth it for us. Our stay was for a week so we were able to do all the house in 2 nights. Then, we went back and used our Expresses to hit the houses one final time. Basically, you absolutely do not need express pass.
This is good to know! We plan on getting the Frequent Fear pass for our upcoming trip. We plan to go 2-3 nights so we should have plent of time I'm guessing!

Maybe I'm just being overly anxious, but I really wanna hear some news on houses!! When did the ball really get rolling with the releases last year?

I'm surprised they've already revealed one house this far out. I wasn't expecting to start hearing info for another month or so. Ready to hear what all the houses and scare zones will be though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter