*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

They added a bit more color and contrast to the rooms since last I saw them, and that's for the good. I saw the original test rooms back when they were first finished (yes, I took photos and have sat on them for 18+ months!), and while they were sleek and clean looking, they lacked nice pops of color. Based on the finished product, I can see that the designers opted to add some more definitive blues, a touch of rust/red, and more brown tones than the original palette. Good on them! They also dramatically changed the cabinetry in the bathrooms by adding completely medium brown units vice an overall cream unit with brown drawers--better choice. As I knew they would, the appliances all remain older, but that's fine. I will say, I think they made a pretty good effort to update the rooms without making them too IKEA-ish.

I'm so happy to see the incorporation of murphy beds! Those couches were terrible. However, it does look like they took down some of the artwork (that I thought was really cute) . Also, is it my view or did they finally close off the stupid opening in the master bedroom to the tub?

I'm hoping there is still a sleep chair in the dens of the 1 & 2 bedrooms. Having an extra sleeping surface is great when there are people that don't want to share a bed.
I was JUST ab to say this! I love the murphy pull down bed but surely they didn’t take that away because wouldn’t it decrease the sleeping capacity for the 1 & 2 BR?

I'll miss these bird items, and I miss the former look of the front "nook" where the bench was/is. I appears that the bench is now smooth, missing the Mickey and Minnie heart, and the fishing equipment. Otherwise, it looks much nicer than I feared.

Attachments

• DA7D4FE0-A1BC-4951-A716-4CB119E374B6.jpeg
    DA7D4FE0-A1BC-4951-A716-4CB119E374B6.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 16
  • D7B6BB45-1ECF-4B67-BC18-7780E7C8D299.jpeg
    D7B6BB45-1ECF-4B67-BC18-7780E7C8D299.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 15
I was JUST ab to say this! I love the murphy pull down bed but surely they didn’t take that away because wouldn’t it decrease the sleeping capacity for the 1 & 2 BR?

It would :( I hope It’s just not visible in the pics? It would be to the left of the pull down bed. I travel with 2 teen boys who aren’t going to share a bed so this would be a bummer.

Ugh. Also just noticed they removed the small table and chairs in the second bedroom! Why? Why is Disney doing this? We have a college student who always studies on that table.

Does anyone know if any of the refurbished rooms are available for occupancy yet? I check in tomorrow, so my fingers and toes are crossed.

Ugh. Also just noticed they removed the small table and chairs in the second bedroom! Why? Why is Disney doing this? We have a college student who always studies on that table.
Looks like a desk space at the end of the dresser. Would that work? I don’t know what the previous table was like.

facebook twitter