Here now. Relaxed mask enforcement around pool

Joel0917

DIS Veteran
I was happy to get here and learn masks are not required sitting at chairs or in pool or at the beach. Also not required walking to slides and pools.
But many folks just don’t care. Not wearing masks to walk to bathroom, to get food and so much waking eating and drinking.
And no one says anything.

I accidentally ran up to get a towel and left my mask at my chair by accident and they made me go back to get my mask before they would give me a towel! I do agree that at the pool area, there are many walking around without a mask. Inside the hotel there was more compliance except inside the restaurants while eating.

I was happy to get here and learn masks are not required sitting at chairs or in pool or at the beach. Also not required walking to slides and pools.
But many folks just don’t care. Not wearing masks to walk to bathroom, to get food and so much waking eating and drinking.
And no one says anything.

Good to hear.

Is photopass taking photos without masks?

Good to hear.

Is photopass taking photos without masks?

The only photopass photo I saw 12/10-12/16 was at character greeting. They did allow you to remove your mask when taking the photo, but the character is on stage above you and more than 6 feet away. You had to replace the mask before approaching the photographer to get the photopass card/leave the area.

Good to know. When I made the reservation last week, the CM said masks were required while sitting by the pool and on the beach on property.

We're going in April and I called to ask questions last night and was also told you had wear masks at pool and beach. Only time you you could remove was when you were eating or drinking? So I don't know what to think now.

Ama Ama is still closed. And the nice lounge area they have that we used last time is closed. We used it since we had a late flight and it had showers and all. Was a really nice perk. Not this time.

We're going in April and I called to ask questions last night and was also told you had wear masks at pool and beach. Only time you you could remove was when you were eating or drinking? So I don't know what to think now.

Ama Ama is still closed. And the nice lounge area they have that we used last time is closed. We used it since we had a late flight and it had showers and all. Was a really nice perk. Not this time.

I’m not sure what the point is of it now?

That’s great to hear! We are looking to book a vacation but we’re worried about the mask enforcement around the pool.

Yes. That's good news. Thanks for letting us know. I was really worried when I was talking to the person at the front desk.

We carried our masks in ziplock baggies and put them in cubbies near the lazy river and water slides. They are strict about masks at the towel stands and even when in line getting the Shave Ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter