Will post in more detail but crowds have spiked considerably over the past couple of days to the point I’m almost not sorry we leave tomorrow. HS waits were out of control this AM (a rocky start for EE with RNRC on a delayed opening and Tower only running one side didn’t help) and G+ was the only reason we rode anything—LLs were very easy to pull. But it’s very clear schools have let out in earnest now.
I was so hoping the low crowds would hold, but I'm glad for this info. I think we'll for sure get Genie every day. We're already spending so much to be down there, but to not have to fight the crowds and wait in long lines, I think it'll be worth it. Glad to hear LLs were easy to pull! Hope you've had the best trip; safe travels home!

Will post in more detail but crowds have spiked considerably over the past couple of days to the point I’m almost not sorry we leave tomorrow. HS waits were out of control this AM (a rocky start for EE with RNRC on a delayed opening and Tower only running one side didn’t help) and G+ was the only reason we rode anything—LLs were very easy to pull. But it’s very clear schools have let out in earnest now.
Yikes! We arrive next Sunday - super glad we are doing Club Level, a VIP Tour one day with friends, and have a couple of days with very little planned....

Ok. O cancelled instead of modifying and then I was able to create new reservation and get Epcot. It also now says Bonus reservation with a star. No idea what that means. We are staying at a Disney resort
Are you an AP holder? There are bonus reservations for APs.

I agree the change from Friday to yesterday was crazy! So much busier as the weekend went on!

I hope you had a fabulous trip!
Just finished up dinner at CRT where we were somehow seated at the 2 top window seat directly looking at the carousel and watched HEA from it. We are still speechless.

FTR our ADR was for 7:15, and we didn’t ask for or request anything at all. But our ticket had “fireworks preference“. An amazing bit of pixie dust.

Just finished up dinner at CRT where we were somehow seated at the 2 top window seat directly looking at the carousel and watched HEA from it. We are still speechless.

FTR our ADR was for 7:15, and we didn’t ask for or request anything at all. But our ticket had “fireworks preference“. An amazing bit of pixie dust.
What a wonderful, wonderful last night. ❤️

Ok. O cancelled instead of modifying and then I was able to create new reservation and get Epcot. It also now says Bonus reservation with a star. No idea what that means. We are staying at a Disney resort
I assume you have an AP? Through the month of June, AK and Epcot are everyday bonus days. This means that a bonus day does not count towards your max allowed park reservations! Also as an AP you get 30% off merch at Disney owned stores at WDW, and 20% off dining at most Disney owned restaurants. ETA: there’s a passholder lounge, a magnet. All this is just for June.

This link explains it all:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...discounts/#drawer-card-drawerDisneyAfterHours

Last edited:
I assume you have an AP? Through the month of June, AK and Epcot are everyday bonus days. This means that a bonus day does not count towards your max allowed park reservations! Also as an AP you get 30% off merch at Disney owned stores at WDW, and 20% off dining at most Disney owned restaurants. ETA: there’s a passholder lounge, a magnet. All this is just for June.

This link explains it all:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...discounts/#drawer-card-drawerDisneyAfterHours
Just want to add that there are still plenty of magnets, I got mine on Monday.

The “lounge” is a joke though, it‘s a fairly small area and was packed every time we went by it. We only stopped in once very briefly. They did allow me to bring gf with me even though she’s not an AP. Still baffled that they didn’t utilize Restaurant Marrakesh.

Just want to add that there are still plenty of magnets, I got mine on Monday.

The “lounge” is a joke though, it‘s a fairly small area and was packed every time we went by it. We only stopped in once very briefly. They did allow me to bring gf with me even though she’s not an AP. Still baffled that they didn’t utilize Restaurant Marrakesh.

The lounge does look pretty goofy - I'm glad to hear your thoughts. My theory is that they want to push traffic to that part of Epcot for traffic relief - and to get people into the Land and Sea

June 4-6 2023 trip report... Husband and I did a quick 2 day trip for my Birthday. We're AP's and thought we'd hop on the monorail while staying at the Poly to get to MK. I knew there wouldn't be too many rides we could get on because it was towards evening (around 5pm) and we did not pay for Genie +. Well..... all we could ride on is the train that goes around the park and even that was a 30-40 minute wait to get on the train! Aladdins Magic Carpets were nearly 50 minutes! Pirates was around 40 minutes and the queue was nearly all the way to where you scan in! It was a very busy time at MK on June 5. I woke up the next day and checked wait times by 8pm Genie + times to come back were almost to 4pm and then by 1/2 hour later popular rides for Genie + were sold out for the day. We ended up dropping our park reservation and heading home. Not sure what they have park capacity at? Even the wait times for simple rides that used to be 10 maybe 20 minutes are now 40-60 minutes 90-120 or more for popular rides depending on the ride! I highly recommend buying Genie + for sure. We felt bad for those visiting from other states (or countries for that matter) and weren't getting on very many rides. The positives about the trip: is that we were pixie dusted at both our resorts! Port Orleans Riverside (exceptional staff by the way). While waiting in line they gave me a Happy Birthday button. At the quick service they sang Happy Birthday to me in line! We bought a Standard room and were giving King bed preferred location. At Poly we bought standard and just asked "no dirt/construction view" and they gave us a King Bed preferred section right next to the lobby with lush greenery and a peek of the monorail passing by! :love: Ohana for Breakfast was so disappointing. Husband thought it was terrible. Powdered eggs, he asked for cheese and the waitress said no. The ham portion was super small and full of fat, the biscuits were hard and stale. Never got to take pictures with Mickey and we were there quite awhile. Poly pool was insanely crowded. We had a much better time at POR pool. By the way, the Dark Chocolate Mickey Mouse Birthday cake is fantastic!

June 4-6 2023 trip report... Husband and I did a quick 2 day trip for my Birthday. We're AP's and thought we'd hop on the monorail while staying at the Poly to get to MK. I knew there wouldn't be too many rides we could get on because it was towards evening (around 5pm) and we did not pay for Genie +. Well..... all we could ride on is the train that goes around the park and even that was a 30-40 minute wait to get on the train! Aladdins Magic Carpets were nearly 50 minutes! Pirates was around 40 minutes and the queue was nearly all the way to where you scan in! It was a very busy time at MK on June 5. I woke up the next day and checked wait times by 8pm Genie + times to come back were almost to 4pm and then by 1/2 hour later popular rides for Genie + were sold out for the day. We ended up dropping our park reservation and heading home. Not sure what they have park capacity at? Even the wait times for simple rides that used to be 10 maybe 20 minutes are now 40-60 minutes 90-120 or more for popular rides depending on the ride! I highly recommend buying Genie + for sure. We felt bad for those visiting from other states (or countries for that matter) and weren't getting on very many rides. The positives about the trip: is that we were pixie dusted at both our resorts! Port Orleans Riverside (exceptional staff by the way). While waiting in line they gave me a Happy Birthday button. At the quick service they sang Happy Birthday to me in line! We bought a Standard room and were giving King bed preferred location. At Poly we bought standard and just asked "no dirt/construction view" and they gave us a King Bed preferred section right next to the lobby with lush greenery and a peek of the monorail passing by! :love: Ohana for Breakfast was so disappointing. Husband thought it was terrible. Powdered eggs, he asked for cheese and the waitress said no. The ham portion was super small and full of fat, the biscuits were hard and stale. Never got to take pictures with Mickey and we were there quite awhile. Poly pool was insanely crowded. We had a much better time at POR pool. By the way, the Dark Chocolate Mickey Mouse Birthday cake is fantastic!
Happy Birthday! How fun to get pixie dusted at both hotels. :)

All these reports about busy parks are making me nervous. We will be there late june / early july and I'm envisioning a tough time getting to ride what we want. :(

PDXmouse I would set your expectations accordingly. Late June/Early July is right near the 4th of July week which I'm sure is a very popular time to go. Get Genie + right at 7AM and join the virtual queues that you need for Tron and/or Guardians. Some queues are not bad to be "stuck in". For example at MK: Haunted Mansion queue, Peter Pan etc can be fun. Pirates is in a cave like setting which can really be nice to duck into and cool off on a hot day. I know 1/2 of it is the attitude you bring. We're fortunate to be AP's so we've ridden nearly everything except Tron. When the rides are crowded it's a good time to check out the stores, a show, or a dole whip or mickey bar! Pixie Dust vibes :wizard:that your trip goes off without a hitch. Afterall, a bad day at Disney is still better than anywhere else on earth! 🤩 Editing to add thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes! :cake:

PDXmouse I would set your expectations accordingly. Late June/Early July is right near the 4th of July week which I'm sure is a very popular time to go. Get Genie + right at 7AM and join the virtual queues that you need for Tron and/or Guardians. Some queues are not bad to be "stuck in". For example at MK: Haunted Mansion queue, Peter Pan etc can be fun. Pirates is in a cave like setting which can really be nice to duck into and cool off on a hot day. I know 1/2 of it is the attitude you bring. We're fortunate to be AP's so we've ridden nearly everything except Tron. When the rides are crowded it's a good time to check out the stores, a show, or a dole whip or mickey bar! Pixie Dust vibes :wizard:that your trip goes off without a hitch. Afterall, a bad day at Disney is still better than anywhere else on earth! 🤩 Editing to add thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes! :cake:
DD qualifies for the DAS. I'm trying to decide if we need G+ on top of that.

The issue is, she gets sensory overload so we can't do full park days. Half days are what we shoot for. I can't decide if G+ is worth it for a family of 4 for a half a day. Plus over 10 park days and potentially $35/per person per day... G+ costs could add up to $1400 in G+ costs if we did it every day. 😲 We won't do it every day, but if and how to best use it are my big questions...

DD qualifies for the DAS. I'm trying to decide if we need G+ on top of that.

The issue is, she gets sensory overload so we can't do full park days. Half days are what we shoot for. I can't decide if G+ is worth it for a family of 4 for a half a day. Plus over 10 park days and potentially $35/per person per day... G+ costs could add up to $1400 in G+ costs if we did it every day. 😲 We won't do it every day, but if and how to best use it are my big questions...
I did not know that your daughter qualifies for DAS and that you typically do half park day. I don't think you would need G+ it if using DAS. Perhaps someone with more experience using DAS can chime in here...

The lava pool was really not that busy when we first arrived but we spent all our pool time at the Oasis pool. Lava pool was definitely looking like people soup on Monday though.

As far as rides being “sold out” on G+, this is honestly really just an issue at Epcot. At MK and HS it’s very much possible to pull LLs that show as unavailable--you may need to refresh a bunch of times, but I’ve done it this whole trip. People sometimes cancel but Disney also periodically sprinkles in LLs throughout the day. Epcot is the only park where I was unable to get certain “sold out” rides. Even Guardians I was able to get an ILL one day when I forgot to purchase for an afternoon hop. It’s getting harder as it gets busier but it’s not impossible.

In general you have to know the order to book rides in order to not have to rely on drops and refreshing though. Start with the ones that get later times the fastest. But even then don’t give up. I didn’t buy G+ until like 8:30 this morning bc we slept in and I initially booked a Jungle Cruise for 3:55 that I just backed up to 12:15. Modify is your friend.

I did not know that your daughter qualifies for DAS and that you typically do half park day. I don't think you would need G+ it if using DAS. Perhaps someone with more experience using DAS can chime in here...
I asked in the disABILITIES area and googled a bit on it. I get mixed answers. I think it depends a lot on park crowd levels. But yes, I know we will be at peak summer season around July 4th. It's the only time we could go, though, so we will make the best of it. Crowded disney is still better than being at work! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter