5/1 HS, Genie+ $22, Touringplans actual crowd level 5

Left for Skyliner from Pop @ 7:05 (needed room wifi at 7, got SDD LL at 9am), reached HS by 7:20ish (again had to get searched by security, grr, maybe 20 ppl back at tapstiles)
Rope dropped RotR (They let ppl into the park around 7:30), reached outside entrance at 740, off ride by 805
809 - Slinky dog dash posted wait 45 mins, actual wait 20 mins
835 - Toy story midway mania posted wait 30 min, actual wait 12 mins
900ish - Alien swirling saucers - posted wait 10 mins, actual wait less than 5 mins, bathroom break after
925 - Slinky dog dash LL, picked up Mickey and Minnies runaway railway LL at 10:40
break for totchos and lunch box tarts
1005 star tours line, posted wait 15, walked pretty much straight through, off ride at 1025
1030 - caught the end of the Mando/Grogu meet and greet just outside the marketplace. No times posted but one of the employees said around 10:15 they start appearing.
10:45 - MMRR LL, initially picked up ToT, but then changed to Meet Olaf after we decided that we were going to Frozen and they had times lining up right after the show.
1130 - frozen singalong
1205 LL meet olaf, picked up tower of terror LL (plan to modify return time)
1230 muppet vision, 10 min preshow wait
115 Indy show
150 back to hotel via skyliner
Swim/late lunch/explore resort
Picked up LL for TSMM later this afternoon
Plan was to make it back to HS for the last Belle show of the day, at 5pm. Problem was, the clock at the pool was half an hour LATE, and when we reached the room after swimming ready to shower, it was already 4:29! DD pouted at the prospect of not seeing the Belle show, and we changed as quick as possible and hightailed it on the skyliner to HS - again got stuck at security as well as at the tapstiles (they don't like my fingerprint evidently) and made it with 1-2 minutes to spare! Whew! Thank goodness for the skyliner!
After the show, Tower of Terror, Lightning McQueen racing academy (feel bad for it tucked behind the refurbished Rockin Roller Coaster!), and LL for TSMM and Alien swirling saucers to end the day.
Picked up Ronto wrap (yum!) at Docking Bay 7 and Carrot Cake whoopie pie (when they say it's big, no joke! Great value!) at Trolley Car Cafe on the way back.

Again, another successful day with rope dropping and G+! And so much love for the skyliner!
Do you have a metal water bottle, umbrella, or battery pack? Those can set off security, or at least they used to a few years ago. I hold those out in front of me when I go the scanner.

Y’all, I was having such a nice time I forgot to post updates!

On Sunday we went to Hollywood Studios. The weather forecast was terrible. So we dressed appropriately and put on the ponchos. We left the Swan at 6:40ish and walked to the park.

About ten people were there when we arrived being held by security. At 7am we booked ILL for Rise with a 7:10pm return and booked Slinky Dog at 11:20. Shortly after 7am we were sent through security. DH and I were first at one tapstile, under cover. This was key because a five minute downpour swept through. After that, the skies cleared but it stayed windy all day.

At 7:45 we tapped and headed toward Rise which was not running. A crowd of cast members was shooing people away. So we went to Smugglers Run and walked right in to the preshow.

When we got out Rise was still down. So we got Ronto Wraps. So big - we easily could have split one. We headed back toward Rise and they were letting people into the queue even though the ride was still down. We took a gamble and got in line. Ended up getting on the ride about 30 minutes later.

DH started to play Resistance Encampment on his phone. We both played this over the course of the day. Fun way to kill time while waiting for a LL time.

We did Runaway Railroad next. It was posted at 20 minutes but it was maybe five. Then Star Tours and Muppets. No wait.

At 10:30 I booked TSMM for 11:30. After Muppets we played Encampment until our LLs. Rode Slinky Dog (70 minute standby) and TSMM (50 minute standby) in quick succession. We were walking past SciFi and DH mentioned he had never been. I booked a 3:00 lunch reservation on my phone. We went to Baseline for a drink and then headed out for a quick break. We rode the Skyliner back to the hotel.

After changing out footwear we took the boat ride back to the park. I had booked a LL for Smugglers around 2:30 and we tapped in for that. There was a short wait in the LL but DH got to be the right hand pilot (hyperspace launch) so that was amazing.

We checked in for lunch at SciFi and ended up in the backseat. DH dug it. It dark and cool and quiet. And the food was good. I booked a LL for Swirling Saucers and we did that after our late lunch.

After Saucers we got some Blue Milk and played Encampment for a while. We were both fading fast so I moved our 8:55 Oga’s reservation up to 7:40. We tapped in for Rise at 7:10 and checked in for Oga’s right after that. Oga’s was fun. Had the Outer Rim and some Jet Juice. Big fan of the Jet Juice. I’m googling that recipe.

We left Oga’s about an hour later and strolled out of the park as Fantasmic was starting.

I have to say, it was one of the most relaxed days I ever had in a park. It was busy but not crowded (except for usual congestion in Toy Story Land). We could have done more if we wanted but DH was really enjoying the Star Wars atmosphere and game. We got to do Rise and Smugglers twice. Longest time spent in line was 30 minutes at Rise in the morning. Not really sure how much time G+ saved us as wait times often seemed somewhat inflated but it definitely saved us some. It was a great day!

Y’all, I was having such a nice time I forgot to post updates!

On Sunday we went to Hollywood Studios. The weather forecast was terrible. So we dressed appropriately and put on the ponchos. We left the Swan at 6:40ish and walked to the park.

About ten people were there when we arrived being held by security. At 7am we booked ILL for Rise with a 7:10pm return and booked Slinky Dog at 11:20. Shortly after 7am we were sent through security. DH and I were first at one tapstile, under cover. This was key because a five minute downpour swept through. After that, the skies cleared but it stayed windy all day.

At 7:45 we tapped and headed toward Rise which was not running. A crowd of cast members was shooing people away. So we went to Smugglers Run and walked right in to the preshow.

When we got out Rise was still down. So we got Ronto Wraps. So big - we easily could have split one. We headed back toward Rise and they were letting people into the queue even though the ride was still down. We took a gamble and got in line. Ended up getting on the ride about 30 minutes later.

DH started to play Resistance Encampment on his phone. We both played this over the course of the day. Fun way to kill time while waiting for a LL time.

We did Runaway Railroad next. It was posted at 20 minutes but it was maybe five. Then Star Tours and Muppets. No wait.

At 10:30 I booked TSMM for 11:30. After Muppets we played Encampment until our LLs. Rode Slinky Dog (70 minute standby) and TSMM (50 minute standby) in quick succession. We were walking past SciFi and DH mentioned he had never been. I booked a 3:00 lunch reservation on my phone. We went to Baseline for a drink and then headed out for a quick break. We rode the Skyliner back to the hotel.

After changing out footwear we took the boat ride back to the park. I had booked a LL for Smugglers around 2:30 and we tapped in for that. There was a short wait in the LL but DH got to be the right hand pilot (hyperspace launch) so that was amazing.

We checked in for lunch at SciFi and ended up in the backseat. DH dug it. It dark and cool and quiet. And the food was good. I booked a LL for Swirling Saucers and we did that after our late lunch.

After Saucers we got some Blue Milk and played Encampment for a while. We were both fading fast so I moved our 8:55 Oga’s reservation up to 7:40. We tapped in for Rise at 7:10 and checked in for Oga’s right after that. Oga’s was fun. Had the Outer Rim and some Jet Juice. Big fan of the Jet Juice. I’m googling that recipe.

We left Oga’s about an hour later and strolled out of the park as Fantasmic was starting.

I have to say, it was one of the most relaxed days I ever had in a park. It was busy but not crowded (except for usual congestion in Toy Story Land). We could have done more if we wanted but DH was really enjoying the Star Wars atmosphere and game. We got to do Rise and Smugglers twice. Longest time spent in line was 30 minutes at Rise in the morning. Not really sure how much time G+ saved us as wait times often seemed somewhat inflated but it definitely saved us some. It was a great day!
Jet Juice is my fave. Let me know if you find a decent recipe. I have The Unofficial Disney Parks Drinks Recipe Book…I should probably check to see if it’s in there!

Do you have a metal water bottle, umbrella, or battery pack? Those can set off security, or at least they used to a few years ago. I hold those out in front of me when I go the scanner.
Yes, metal water bottles and umbrella were out in front of me. I do have a small "lipstick" sized battery pack that I'll try holding out next time too. Thanks!

Yes, metal water bottles and umbrella were out in front of me. I do have a small "lipstick" sized battery pack that I'll try holding out next time too. Thanks!
I got stopped by security a lot on our last trip and I was very diligent about holding all metal items in front of me through the scanner. A security member finally told me that the scanner isn't just a metal detector, it scans for shapes? And so certain object shapes, especially if they are buried deep in your bag will trigger a bag check. You can always try to engage the security personnel in conversation to see what might be causing frequent bag checks. They can't tell you precisely what it is, but if the scanner hit on a certain spot in your bag, you can usually narrow down the suspects from there. If the scanner highlights your whole body area, that often means you walked too fast for the scanner to properly work.

Security guy the other day told me that it may have been because I held one water bottle in one hand and one in the other. He suggested holding both in one hand up high, and then my bag in the other hand down low. Today I did that (and took out water bottles, battery pack, trading pins, cellphone...) and I'm pretty sure I beeped, but the guy waved me through, so I'll take it! We'll see how it goes the rest of my visit!

Security guy the other day told me that it may have been because I held one water bottle in one hand and one in the other. He suggested holding both in one hand up high, and then my bag in the other hand down low. Today I did that (and took out water bottles, battery pack, trading pins, cellphone...) and I'm pretty sure I beeped, but the guy waved me through, so I'll take it! We'll see how it goes the rest of my visit!
I've also figured out that one of my Loungefly bags (bought at disney, go figure) always beeps no matter what. The security guard said it's common and kind of rolled his eyes like he knew how ridiculous that was.

5/2 AK part day afternoon, Touringplans crowd level 4, did not buy genie+ (but in hindsight should have). Got notice that expedition everest closed all morning.

Arrived just before 12pm, mobile ordered lunch at flame tree BBQ (nomad lounge walk in list was closed)
Wanted to meet Moana at 12:15 but was told that the line was closed (this was at 12) and to come early next time.
Picked up/ate Flame Tree bbq lunch and ate it in their seating area
1pm Nemo show
1:30 - got in line to meet Moana (2:10 time)
2:30 - in line for expedition everest (posted wait 50 mins). It was closed all morning and DD was sad no rides yet today... Actual wait time 65 mins, booo
3:35 - bathroom, snack break, Maharajah jungle trek
4:20 - was originally planning to get in line for the last showing of Festival of the Lion King at 5. I saw that Dinosaur had a 10 min wait. DD sad we passed it by the first time with a 40 min, so we ran there and had less than 5 min wait. I had visions of this taking too long and us missing the Lion King (the thing I was second most excited for here) because of this... Luckily, we got out around 4:40 and had plenty of time to hightail it to Africa for the lion king show.
5 - Festival of the Lion King show
535 - Kilimanjaro safari walk on. Got lucky and sat on the left (best!) side and had lots of animal sightings.
6:05- off ride and ideal plan was Navi, get Satuli canteen dinner to go, and in line for FoP by 6:59. Unfortunately, too rushed. We made detour at wilderness explorers main stand as I thought we'd get a badge for finishing 5-10 (nope), then took the wrong way to Satuli (started walking to Africa instead). By the time we got to Satuli and picked up dinner, found out that they no longer have to go cutlery, only metal... (and this is a quick service place! Pongu Pongu didn't have any either), decided to forego Navi.
6:30 - got in line for FoP (posted wait 60 min)
7:25 - got off FoP and slowly walked out of park. Sun not down yet, but great photo ops in Pandora and of the Tree of life.

Bah. All in all this day was frustrating. I was stressed all day trying to accomplish everything. Didn't plan on such long waits for Moana and Everest. Didn't get to do Navi, Africa jungle trek, Feathered friends show, Rafiki planet watch. In retrospect we should have just spent the whole day, or bought genie+. Hey, tomorrow's a new day where I have early entry and an actual plan so am optimistic! (and I didn't have a terrible time today - I liked everything we did do, just a bit disappointing that I didn't get to do everything and easily could have arrived earlier to guarantee that I could.)

5/3 Epcot, Touringplans crowd level 3. Early entry with no Genie+

Took skyliner from pop leaving 709, arrived 725ish. Was maybe 20th in line for security. 745 security open
803 rope drop at Int'l gateway
811 reached entrance of ratatouille. On ride 829, off ride 836. Slow walk (with a kid, admiring topiaries) to Frozen. World showcase is so peaceful in the morning, I loved it!
853 Frozen (posted wait 30 min), off ride by 915
Walked to Anna and Elsa meet and greet, wait time 60 mins, diverted to test track
930 Entered test track standby line, posted wait 30 min. Off ride 954

The rest of the day was pretty leisurely between the non-headliner rides, topiaries, food at the festival booths. We ended up riding Soaring around 3:45 and was virtually a walk on (posted wait 20 min), and then saw Anna and Elsa around 4:30ish with a 20 min wait.

Favourite festival foods: Cucumber watermelon slushy (Florida Fresh), Shrimp and Grits (Brunchcot) - but everything we tried was actually delicious! (impossible Korean short rib, avocado toast, orange lemon smoothie, honey peach streusel drink, coconut tres leches, Creamy udon, corn on the cob with cotija cheese, potato pancake, Violet lemonade... And of course the mango-lime dole whip completer prize for garden Graze!

We have another day at Epcot where we'll meet princesses, do Kidcot and actually look inside world showcase (and eat some more yummy treats!)

I've also figured out that one of my Loungefly bags (bought at disney, go figure) always beeps no matter what. The security guard said it's common and kind of rolled his eyes like he knew how ridiculous that was.
I think it's the zips on some of them. My Christmas one has a front pocket as well as the main section and snaps to store Minnie Ears. The zips on that one are quite chunky and I think that's the problem because that's the only one to ever set it off.

5/4 MK day 2, no genie+. Touringplans crowd level 2. Priorities today are princess meets (we did Belle and roving Mulan the first day),Aladdin (closed all day our first day), parade, fireworks and re-riding favourites.

For the first time, I got through security without having to be searched AND fingerprints x2 worked the first time at the tapstiles. It's gonna be a great day!
Rope dropped 7dmt, went on the 3rd car through, this time off the ride by 8:40.
845 - Then off to space mountain, posted wait 20 min, off ride by 905 (I find the posted waits tend to be more accurate for how long it takes for the line + finish the ride).
910- went on Buzz 3x in a row with a bathroom break
10:05 - in line for little mermaid meet and greet, posted wait 25 min. Actual wait 15 min.
10:25 - Little mermaid ride walk on
10:43 - in line to meet Tiana and Rapunzel. Posted wait 25 mins. Out by 11:10
11:13 - in line to meet Cinderella and Elena. Posted wait 30 min. Didn't get out until 12:05 pm (45+ min - lightning lane was a killer - seemed like they let in 10 ppl at a time every 3-5 mins, first LL then the rest in standby which was usually very few), which means we've missed the parade. Instead took the train out of Fantasyland to front gate and caught the end of the parade on the 2nd floor of the train station.
Monorail to Polynesian again for lunch.
Back and in line for Aladdin just before 2pm, posted wait 25 min. Off ride 2:30
2:35- quick tour of Swiss family Robinson before picking up a dole whip float at Aloha Isle Refreshments
2:45/50 - found a spot in frontierland for the parade and ate Dole Whip in the sun!
3pm Festival of Fantasy parade
3:20 plan was for BTMRR, but DD decided she didn't want to ride thaf again - so back to hotel for a rest/swim.
Back at the park around 7pm
7pm Carousel/Philharmagic/Winnie the Pooh (25 min wait - LL was a killer for this one too)
8:15 - peoplemover at night before picking up quick service dinner at lunching pad and finding a fireworks spot in the crowd 15 minutes before showtime (I had a kid with me who wouldn't have been so keen on staking out a spot 45+ min in advance). We were off to the side, but close to projections which DD really wanted to get a good view of, so she was happy. We stayed on the Tomorrowland side so could take the shortcut out of the park and avoid the congestion of main street. Didn't get back to the hotel until 10pm or so, and DD wants to rope drop Remy (again) tomorrow morning! Eek

5/5 Epcot day 2, no Genie+, touringplans crowd level 4, check out day at hotel, boarding group 89 at GotG

716am got on skyliner to Epcot - DD wanted to do Remy again before check out... Entered Remy queue at 8:14. This time, Remy started operating earlier around 8:22ish and we were off the ride at 8:31.
Got in line at Test Track around 8:45, but soon got notice it was down. After 5-10 mins of no movement, we decided to go to Soarin instead and virtually walked onto B1.
Then headed back to International gateway around 9:30 for Skyliner back to hotel to quickly pack up/luggage to bell services!
We checked out and back at Epcot by 11am or so - got autographs from Belle and Aurora in France, picked up goat cheese croissant at flower and garden booth (delicious!) and went to see Beauty and the Beast singalong (mediocre, but still fun).
Rest of the early afternoon spent wandering around world showcase, picking up kidcot cards, pin trading (they have boards at every kidcot stop), some autographs, Flower and Garden food (faves today were the orange saffron cake in Morocco and goat cheese croissant in France)!
Test track posting a 40 min wait mid-afternoon, so we hopped in line, and were off the ride in 40 min.
Then 50min VQ wait for GotG around 4:30ish (got One Way or Another, which was fun! Liked the upbeat tempo more than Everybody rules the world a couple days ago)
Then walk on to Spaceship Earth as our last ride of the Disney trip. We both actually really liked the interactivity of this one (both on ride and the after ride activities), esp for an old ride.
Walked back to world showcase, stopping at Canada and UK before heading back to the hotel on the skyliner.
So sad our trip is over!

5/1 EPCOT, no Genie+, Touring plans crowd level 6

We went to EPCOT for the extra hours for Deluxe Resort guests. I did the 6:00pm VQ drop for GotG and our estimated return time was 10:30pm. We tapped in around 6:30 at the International Gateway and it was crowded! We had a 7pm reservation at Teppan Edo. Huge lines for the kiosks at France so we walked into the wine shop and got a beer and glass of champagne with no wait.

Checked in early for our reservation and strolled around the pavilion admiring the bonsai display and koi. We were sat on time and had a nice group of adults at our table. Food was excellent. The sashimi sampler was so good and we wanted a bottle of the salad dressing. We also had some sake and a Sapporo. Whole experience took a little over an hour.

We got a push notification that Remy would not be open during extra hours. DH hadn't done it yet so we walked over to get in line. The line moved very slowly until 9pm. I suspect they were pushing through folks with LLs and holding up the standby line but can't confirm that. At 9pm the line started to move much quicker and we rode shortly after that. DH liked it. It's a cute ride.

Our return time for GotG kept getting moved up and eventually it was at 9:40. So after Remy we strolled over there to get in line.

(SPOILERS AHEAD!)
There was a bit of wait but the queue is pretty enjoyable. Especially the video when Peter is namedropping all the closed EPCOT attractions. I got a kick out of that. I had no idea what to expect from this ride. Avoided reading anything about it so I went in blind. Love the pre-show reveal a la Figment. Wasn't expecting a roller coaster for some stupid reason. Screamed like a maniac the whole time. Great thrill ride. DH loved it. It was his favorite.
(END SPOILERS)

I think we got off the ride around 10:25 so we walked over to Test Track. Had a short wait to get into the design room and a fun ride. We got out of there around 10:45. We probably could have taken a go at Soarin' but we decided to head out. We stopped by Abracadabar on the way to the Swan. It was basically empty. Drinks were good but I wish they were still serving food. I feel like there just aren't enough places in the World that serve food late (like post 11pm).

I wanted to make sure DH got to do the two newer attractions and we did. It was a fun night. Definitely saw a few people who didn't realize you still needed to VQ for GotG during extra hours. :oops:

There was a post in my newsfeed about a family tubing on a nearby river. Their daughter almost ran into an alligator and the gator was hissing at her. After a conversation with @scrappinginontario. I thought I’d remind those of you in Florida now, with a heads up.

It’s alligator mating season. Gators are more visible and more aggressive. There are signs and fences around WDW for a reason.

Never feed a gator, it’s illegal.

There was a post in my newsfeed about a family tubing on a nearby river. Their daughter almost ran into an alligator and the gator was hissing at her. After a conversation with @scrappinginontario. I thought I’d remind those of you in Florida now, with a heads up.

It’s alligator mating season. Gators are more visible and more aggressive. There are signs and fences around WDW for a reason.

Never feed a gator, it’s illegal.
Just listen to Pete: "Stay out of the Damn Lakes!"

So, I was in WDW this past weekend 5/6-9/2023 with a friend. It was her first time at WDW (she's 47). She didn't want anything scheduled for her trip. We did do 1 reservation for dinner on Sat night in Disney Springs at STK. Now, 1 caveat, I use an ECV.

We did EPCOT on Sunday, MK on Monday and AK on Tuesday. Th ECV didn't come into play at EPCOT. She doesn't like roller coasters. We arrived at 11:30 am. We did walk ons for everything and it was quite a bit. The Seas, Living With the Land (the ECV got us to the front of the line but it was only a 10 min wait), Imagination, Remy (10 min wait), American Adventure, Splendors of China, Frozen in Norway (we had a 25 min wait), Gran Fiesta and Spaceship Earth (again we got the front of the line due to my ECV but it had a 15 min wait). We also saw Epcot Forever after a walkup at Chefs De France.

On Monday we arrived at noon and we did MK Railroad once around, Jungle Cruise (we got a return time for an hour and a half later, due to my ECV), Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, back to Jungle Cruise, Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion*, Peter Pan*, Small World, Pooh*, and Buzz Lightyear*. All those marked with * had a 15 min wait or less, no front of the line due to my ECV. We left at 7:30.

On Tuesday we arrived at AK at 8 am. We did the Safari, Gorilla Falls, Na'vi River (she did buy an ILL for this, I didn't ride), and she went on a 2nd time without an ILL, no wait. Then we went on Kali River Rapids, then to see Tough to Be a Bug, saw Lion King and left around 2 pm.

Now granted, the gods were with us. Every show we saw we arrived just as the show or pre-show was starting. And lines had a minimal wait. The longest wait was Frozen in EPCOT on Sunday.

So why pay for Genie+ when you can buy ILL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter