Had a very successful rope drop morning at HS. We were out the door of Yacht Club at 6:40 and walked over leisurely due to my gf injuring her foot yesterday morning when we were leaving the house for the airport. But we arrived at security at 7am as one of the very first guests, well ahead of the buses and Skyliner guests. We were literally first in line to tap in. G+ was $25 today, same as yesterday. Bought Rise for 10:40 at $22 and booked Slinky Dog for 11:50, which worked out because our Roundup Rodeo ADR was noon. They allowed us to tap in at 7:30, and we used my old strategy to great effect, avoiding the masses. We were among the first in line for ToT, they held us on Sunset in one line while the line RNRC was on the other side. At 7:52 they let us go and we walked straight into the pre show. I was on the first elevator. Walked out and over to RNRC, they held us for about 2 minutes and then we walked straight through, no preshow. Ride feels much smoother than before, and the neon signs are gorgeous, they definitely repainted them. Went to MMRR afterwards, it was a walk on and we were into the preshow at 8:09.

Headed to Batuu next, and on our way to MFSR we saw Mando and Grogu! Didn’t know they would be out that early but happy we caught them, there were only a few people around them and we got some great pics. Said hi to the little guy and he cooed!!

MFSR was still a walk on and we were engineers but still enjoyed it. Stopped for breakfast afterwards at Ronto Roasters. Were going to meet live action Ariel but her line was 90 minutes! Definitely make this a priority if you want to see her because waits build very fast. We will be there at 9 another day to try. It was wonderful to see all the excited kids and adults coming out of it though as we walked around the One Man’s Dream exhibits, everyone raved about how cool she was.

We opted for the 10:30 Frozen show afterwards, then did our Rise ILL and explored Batuu until it was time for SDD since it was gf’s first time there. I had booked TSM for 11:15 but it went down so we ended up doing Slinky Dog and then going to our noon Roundup Rodeo ADR. I was pleasantly shocked by how good the food was, I had a more detailed review in the restaurant board thread but it was 100% worth it and we would totally come back again. A nice touch for Memorial Day, a CM gave a nice announcement thanking those toys in the Green Army Corps for keeping us safe.

We are resting back at YC. Originally we planned to go back to Epcot for dinner and EEH but we will stop at HS first to use our any time LL and ride MMRR again with a LL. We have Frozen booked for 7:50 as insurance for EEH.

Holiday crowds were not bad at all this morning btw. Even Rise and SDD were posted 60 min for much of the morning. We got a lot done and could have knocked out everything but the shows if we wanted to. Even non EE guests could have done well. But as we were leaving the park at 1:30 people were starting to REALLY pour in. Also: RNRC is now showing wait times on the app but is still not bookable on G+ yet so until it is I would say your best bet is ride at EE rope drop or end of night during Fantasmic.

More reports later.

Had a very successful rope drop morning at HS. We were out the door of Yacht Club at 6:40 and walked over leisurely due to my gf injuring her foot yesterday morning when we were leaving the house for the airport. But we arrived at security at 7am as one of the very first guests, well ahead of the buses and Skyliner guests. We were literally first in line to tap in. G+ was $25 today, same as yesterday. Bought Rise for 10:40 at $22 and booked Slinky Dog for 11:50, which worked out because our Roundup Rodeo ADR was noon. They allowed us to tap in at 7:30, and we used my old strategy to great effect, avoiding the masses. We were among the first in line for ToT, they held us on Sunset in one line while the line RNRC was on the other side. At 7:52 they let us go and we walked straight into the pre show. I was on the first elevator. Walked out and over to RNRC, they held us for about 2 minutes and then we walked straight through, no preshow. Ride feels much smoother than before, and the neon signs are gorgeous, they definitely repainted them. Went to MMRR afterwards, it was a walk on and we were into the preshow at 8:09.

Headed to Batuu next, and on our way to MFSR we saw Mando and Grogu! Didn’t know they would be out that early but happy we caught them, there were only a few people around them and we got some great pics. Said hi to the little guy and he cooed!!

MFSR was still a walk on and we were engineers but still enjoyed it. Stopped for breakfast afterwards at Ronto Roasters. Were going to meet live action Ariel but her line was 90 minutes! Definitely make this a priority if you want to see her because waits build very fast. We will be there at 9 another day to try. It was wonderful to see all the excited kids and adults coming out of it though as we walked around the One Man’s Dream exhibits, everyone raved about how cool she was.

We opted for the 10:30 Frozen show afterwards, then did our Rise ILL and explored Batuu until it was time for SDD since it was gf’s first time there. I had booked TSM for 11:15 but it went down so we ended up doing Slinky Dog and then going to our noon Roundup Rodeo ADR. I was pleasantly shocked by how good the food was, I had a more detailed review in the restaurant board thread but it was 100% worth it and we would totally come back again. A nice touch for Memorial Day, a CM gave a nice announcement thanking those toys in the Green Army Corps for keeping us safe.

We are resting back at YC. Originally we planned to go back to Epcot for dinner and EEH but we will stop at HS first to use our any time LL and ride MMRR again with a LL. We have Frozen booked for 7:50 as insurance for EEH.

Holiday crowds were not bad at all this morning btw. Even Rise and SDD were posted 60 min for much of the morning. We got a lot done and could have knocked out everything but the shows if we wanted to. Even non EE guests could have done well. But as we were leaving the park at 1:30 people were starting to REALLY pour in. Also: RNRC is now showing wait times on the app but is still not bookable on G+ yet so until it is I would say your best bet is ride at EE rope drop or end of night during Fantasmic.

More reports later.
Interested to hear about crowds as the week goes on, we arrive Thursday for a long weekend.

Interested to hear about crowds as the week goes on, we arrive Thursday for a long weekend.
I would say they have been moderate so far, busier than early May but nowhere near what you see during Thanksgiving week or July 4th and less busy than previous Memorial Days except maybe 2021. When we got back to YC for our middday break we saw a lot of people looking like they were checking out. I’m very curious to see what crowds will be like tomorrow, I think there was a large exodus today.

Awesome kylenne..so far so good! Wondering why you purchased ILL for Rise when you were the first person there for EE..typically I head towards there like everybody else when getting there early.
Following a contrarian strategy?
Thanks for the BBQ feedback..been wavering if i should keep.

Last edited:
Awesome kylenne..so far s9 good! Wondering why you purchased ILL for Rise when you were the first person there for EE..typically I head towards there like everybody else when getting there early.
Ive also done ILL for Rise, but for first ride its been Slinky Dog. Sort of just assumed that a whole bunch of people would dart to Rise, also was my first time so I wanted to lock in a ILL time rather than gamble on it going down while on standby. Anyway, short wait for Slinky, then straight to MMRR, which still had a reasonable wait. I’d consider ToT/Aerosmith though.

Ive also done ILL for Rise, but for first ride its been Slinky Dog. Sort of just assumed that a whole bunch of people would dart to Rise, also was my first time so I wanted to lock in a ILL time rather than gamble on it going down while on standby. Anyway, short wait for Slinky, then straight to MMRR, which still had a reasonable wait. I’d consider ToT/Aerosmith though.
We always go to ToT/RnR first as those are favorites and we want to make sure we ride once or twice. We always ILL for RotR too. Slinky we are good to skip or try for G+.

We always go to ToT/RnR first as those are favorites and we want to make sure we ride once or twice. We always ILL for RotR too. Slinky we are good to skip or try for G+.
Honestly I might have thought about that combo for my last trip but RnR was still being refurbished, would be interesting to know how the early opening crowds spread during and post refurb.

Awesome kylenne..so far so good! Wondering why you purchased ILL for Rise when you were the first person there for EE..typically I head towards there like everybody else when getting there early.

Honestly I might have thought about that combo for my last trip but RnR was still being refurbished, would be interesting to know how the early opening crowds spread during and post refurb.

Yeah I’ve been rethinking my plan too since I was planning on RnR being closed but im
So glad it should be open when we get there!
My rope drop strategy is always to zig when others are zagging for the most part. I don’t like the idea of running to Rise any more than I enjoy the idea of the 7DMT Shuffle or the running of the bulls to FoP. It’s extra stressful starting the day like that. And if I’m honest I will always err on paying for convenience. With only 2 of us to pay for it’s an easy choice to make. And I didn’t want my gf’s first experience of Batuu to be rushing from ride to ride. This way we actually got to stop for breakfast, see the roaming characters, etc without sacrificing valuable rope drop time. Starting down Sunset is 100% a viable strategy if you are buying g+ and ILL and imo preferable.

RNRC was posted 45 most of today but didn’t look like it at all the times we passed by it. Remember no g+ right now. So no LL guests bogging down standby waits. I will say that unless you need to see the shows, late afternoon/evening arrivals are where it’s at. We came back on the boat around 6pm and did nearly everything that had LL. It was mostly unnecessary because everything was walk one almost. Left at just before 8 to head to Epcot for EEH. I’m exhausted atm so will get into that tomorrow.

Thank you for planning my HS moring for tomorrow! :) I am going to follow your RD plan and throw mine out the window.

My rope drop strategy is always to zig when others are zagging for the most part. I don’t like the idea of running to Rise any more than I enjoy the idea of the 7DMT Shuffle or the running of the bulls to FoP. It’s extra stressful starting the day like that. And if I’m honest I will always err on paying for convenience. With only 2 of us to pay for it’s an easy choice to make. And I didn’t want my gf’s first experience of Batuu to be rushing from ride to ride. This way we actually got to stop for breakfast, see the roaming characters, etc without sacrificing valuable rope drop time. Starting down Sunset is 100% a viable strategy if you are buying g+ and ILL and imo preferable.

RNRC was posted 45 most of today but didn’t look like it at all the times we passed by it. Remember no g+ right now. So no LL guests bogging down standby waits. I will say that unless you need to see the shows, late afternoon/evening arrivals are where it’s at. We came back on the boat around 6pm and did nearly everything that had LL. It was mostly unnecessary because everything was walk one almost. Left at just before 8 to head to Epcot for EEH. I’m exhausted atm so will get into that tomorrow.
This has always been our strategy and will be our strategy this week. My favorite ride is TOT, and now that RNRC is back, we’ll hopefully get to do both (maybe more than once!).

Now to just get through work today so we can hop on a plane later…

More reports later.

We had the same basic EE Rope Drop plan last June. ToT, RnR, and then to MMRR. Our only difference was that we didn't get to MMRR until about 8:25 a.m. and had about a 10 minute wait, but we were a group of 11 people including 2 small children so we were moving at a slower pace. :) We also chose to buy ILL for RoTR (and 7DMT and FOP) because we didn't want to do the mad dash running of the bulls to ride at rope drop (nor did we want to wait 60+ minutes to ride them later in the day). Money well spent for us as buying ILL allowed us to ride 3 other attractions during the time we would have been doing that one headliner at rope drop.

Hopped to Epcot EEH last night after spending the early evening in HS. We got there around 8:30, and got food from the France booth to take to Japan to see the fireworks from Mitsukoshi 2nd floor (my favorite spot). I will say this left us in a tough spot for EEH but fireworks were our priority since we have a lot of park time planned on this trip, GF badly wanted to see Epcot Forever, and we have 2 EEH at Epcot available to us on this trip so we weren’t necessarily focused on being “efficient” per se. Originally we planned to hit Test Track first but waits skyrocketed quickly to 40 minutes so we pivoted to Soarin. Got B1 without asking and my BG was called while walking out of the Land so we headed over to Guardians—I pulled BG 200 in the YC lobby at 6pm while we we were on our way back to HS. 15 minutes in the VQ and then onto the ride. GF can’t do coasters more intense than Mine Train so she waited for me outside of TT. We finished up there and then headed back to YC.

If getting the heavy hitters done is a priority at Epcot EEH I strongly suggest starting in World Discovery. The problem is that Epcot is so spread out, there’s only 3 rides that everyone is beelining for, and everything else has the same low waits as during the day. Realistically you kinda have to pick a struggle.

Next Monday we will be arriving at the front of the park and will be in that area after our dinner ADR at Space 220 lounge so will compare. I have a feeling it will go much differently.

Yesterday was my birthday and we were originally going to rope drop EE at Epcot but decided to take it easier after successive hectic days. I got BG 30 for Guardians, then booked a 10:35 LL for Remy, and also got Guardians ILL for 9:55 and Rise in the evening. We ended up mobile ordering breakfast from Ale & Compass to eat on our balcony and then went in about 9:30 or so. I did Guardians twice in a row, first ILL then VQ (BG was called literally the same time as my ILL) but the second time the line was held up after the preshow near the loading area and I sent my gf ahead to France because time was ticking on our Remy LL. I was able to modify it to 11:50 while waiting which worked out great. I began stacking LL for HS, getting MFSR, and SDD.

After Remy we went back to YC and hung out at SAB for a while before taking the boat to HS. We had a Fantasmic package ADR at 50s Primetime at 3:45 and it was our first time there, we both enjoyed it a lot! Food was solid though we could have split our entree (my hot take: the chicken there is better seasoned than Homecomin). Antics were in full effect too, we saw girls at the the table next to ours get in trouble for not finishing their veggies. After our late lunch we did were pilots on MFSR, did Star Tours, gf had her first blue milk and loved it, and I had some great interaction with Vi Moradi. I warned her about the patrols and she told me to have a great birthday because the First Order hates fun and took pics with me. Then it was time for Savi’s and droids. We both cried in Savi’s, it really was worth it for big SW fans, the experience was amazing. We both built BB units afterwards and headed to our Rise ILL. Got out at exactly 8, and I ended up not doing my SDD for then because we wanted to get to our seats for Fantasmic. Show was wonderful and since Epcot Forever begins at the same time we got those fireworks in the background!

After the show we went back to Batuu and got some amazing photopass shots with our sabers and I dual wielded with the Darksaber! Then we had a post close ADR at Oga’s for 10:35, we stood at the bar. I loved the Outer Rim and gf enjoyed the couple of beers she had. tbh we loved the atmosphere there, but we are huge SW fans and childless adults and imo squarely the demographic for this place tbh especially at night. We met another fan in full cosplay who called me Fulcrum (I was bounding as Ahsoka) and it was hilarious. We will absolutely be back. Walked back to YC exhausted but happy.

Today we pack up and move to Poly for the rest of the trip and will go into MK tonight after Ohana dinner for extended hours. My biggest takeaway so far about G+ is that it’s really what you make of it. Yes you can have your face in your phone all day if you wanted to maximize but it really isn’t necessary to make good use of it. We’ve been very successful with it so far but with such a long trip we are using it more to give ourselves the chance to take things slower. I could pull more LLs than I have but I’m using it more as a tool to supplement our plans and allow us to be more flexible with them.

Yesterday was my birthday and we were originally going to rope drop EE at Epcot but decided to take it easier after successive hectic days. I got BG 30 for Guardians, then booked a 10:35 LL for Remy, and also got Guardians ILL for 9:55 and Rise in the evening. We ended up mobile ordering breakfast from Ale & Compass to eat on our balcony and then went in about 9:30 or so. I did Guardians twice in a row, first ILL then VQ (BG was called literally the same time as my ILL) but the second time the line was held up after the preshow near the loading area and I sent my gf ahead to France because time was ticking on our Remy LL. I was able to modify it to 11:50 while waiting which worked out great. I began stacking LL for HS, getting MFSR, and SDD.

After Remy we went back to YC and hung out at SAB for a while before taking the boat to HS. We had a Fantasmic package ADR at 50s Primetime at 3:45 and it was our first time there, we both enjoyed it a lot! Food was solid though we could have split our entree (my hot take: the chicken there is better seasoned than Homecomin). Antics were in full effect too, we saw girls at the the table next to ours get in trouble for not finishing their veggies. After our late lunch we did were pilots on MFSR, did Star Tours, gf had her first blue milk and loved it, and I had some great interaction with Vi Moradi. I warned her about the patrols and she told me to have a great birthday because the First Order hates fun and took pics with me. Then it was time for Savi’s and droids. We both cried in Savi’s, it really was worth it for big SW fans, the experience was amazing. We both built BB units afterwards and headed to our Rise ILL. Got out at exactly 8, and I ended up not doing my SDD for then because we wanted to get to our seats for Fantasmic. Show was wonderful and since Epcot Forever begins at the same time we got those fireworks in the background!

After the show we went back to Batuu and got some amazing photopass shots with our sabers and I dual wielded with the Darksaber! Then we had a post close ADR at Oga’s for 10:35, we stood at the bar. I loved the Outer Rim and gf enjoyed the couple of beers she had. tbh we loved the atmosphere there, but we are huge SW fans and childless adults and imo squarely the demographic for this place tbh especially at night. We met another fan in full cosplay who called me Fulcrum (I was bounding as Ahsoka) and it was hilarious. We will absolutely be back. Walked back to YC exhausted but happy.

Today we pack up and move to Poly for the rest of the trip and will go into MK tonight after Ohana dinner for extended hours. My biggest takeaway so far about G+ is that it’s really what you make of it. Yes you can have your face in your phone all day if you wanted to maximize but it really isn’t necessary to make good use of it. We’ve been very successful with it so far but with such a long trip we are using it more to give ourselves the chance to take things slower. I could pull more LLs than I have but I’m using it more as a tool to supplement our plans and allow us to be more flexible with them.
Thanks for sharing your experience so far. This day sounds like a Star Wars fans dream! Love that you’re taking it slow and enjoying it. Looking forward to hearing your experience at the Poly. My family and I stayed in March and absolutely loved it!

Living vicariously through you! I’ve built a saber once and been in the room seven other times & cried every time - those storytellers are so good! Sounds like the perfect trip ❤️

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you're having a great trip!

Happy belated birthday! And thanks for these posts-keep em coming!

Happy belated birthday, Kylene!
Enjoying your positive trip report immensely.
It gives me hope that you can still go and have a good time:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!