Can I ask if you were able to book for your entire party for the ILL$ purchases? I'm presuming you had > 1 room with that many people.

Can I ask if you were able to book for your entire party for the ILL$ purchases? I'm presuming you had > 1 room with that many people.
Yes, we had two rooms and I had them linked in the MDE app so I was able to add everyone for our ILL purchase. It let me select the party just like the old Fastpass system.

Yes, we had two rooms and I had them linked in the MDE app so I was able to add everyone for our ILL purchase. It let me select the party just like the old Fastpass system.

When you say you had them linked in MDE, can you explain like I'm 5 :). When I called to get G+ added to our whole trip for 3 rooms (we're paying for all 3 rooms/packages), they did say they "linked them" but when I look in MDE I see the other 4 people but they are just listed in my Friends/Family. Should I be able to see their rooms too?

Our group trip is in Feb and we're planning to go in early Dec just the 2 of us, so I can always stop at guest services and confirm all this, but just wondering if can figure it out before.

When you say you had them linked in MDE, can you explain like I'm 5 :). When I called to get G+ added to our whole trip for 3 rooms (we're paying for all 3 rooms/packages), they did say they "linked them" but when I look in MDE I see the other 4 people but they are just listed in my Friends/Family. Should I be able to see their rooms too?

Our group trip is in Feb and we're planning to go in early Dec just the 2 of us, so I can always stop at guest services and confirm all this, but just wondering if can figure it out before.

This is a super annoying feature of MDE app in my opinion. I had the same experience. We had 2 rooms that I paid for but I had to list my husband as the "owner" of the other room when I booked it, so when I looked in the MDE app, I could only see the one room under my stay and the people that were in my room. I could only ever view my balance, but not the balance for the other room even though I was the one that booked them.

When I went to book virtual queues or ILL or Disney+ however, everyone in our group would show up. Under "My Genie Day" and then on the Tip Board tab is where you book LL or ILL. Once you get to the ride you want and you click "book experience" your whole party should show up.

Ok thanks. I thought it was odd that I could call WDW and say "I'd like to book 3 room packages, here is my CC" and they were like "well if you're not sleeping in the room it has to be under someone's email that IS staying in the room". I mean it can't be THAT unusual to have 1 person pay for > 1 room/package.

So my kids are getting the email confirmations and have their own MDE accounts (that I can log into after they set them up and gave me the password). I would think logging into MDE under someone else's email is generally wrong use of security but that's the only way I could figure out how to do it. Seems like you could have a "responsible for" role for each room despite who was in it.

It wasn't that big of a deal when it was the free FP+, but my fear is about buying the ILL$ and getting tripped up at 7am! So instead we've book a trip for Dec and I'll ask them in person, LOL. Nice excuse. But honestly, I'm on hold now to get an old hopper linked to our Dec plans and I've been on hold for over 2.5 hours. Flying down sounds more fun than being on hold! (they did finally answer).

Here now, day 3 recap:

What a day! AK in the morning...HS in afternoon. Husband got queasy from FOP and by 1:30 the heat started to get to me. We canceled all our evening plans to lay low at our hotel 😬 Kind of a bummer but it was so steamy today it was unavoidable. We enjoyed Pandora and all the Star Wars attractions regardless!

Still feels like parks are not too crowded and our hotel is nowhere near capacity. Enjoying the personal space...

Today more HS early AM then pool afternoon and Boo Bash tonight.

11:10 Kids noped out of Saucers (too spinny) so cancelled that and got LL for TSM 12:55

At lunch we decided we were done, so I cancelled TSM LL and got a 2:50 for TT (EPCOT) instead. This was at 12:05.

@aesterling Thanks for posting about the cancelling/rebooking. It looks like you cancelled an existing G+ and rebooked something else right away, which I've been wondering about. I didn't know if it would make you wait to book something else according to when your next 120 min window opened up. It seems like it will let you cancel/replace something whenever you want to, subject to availability of course.

We rope dropped HS with prepark opening and rode all 3 toy story rides before the park opened, rode millennium falcon quickly and then had a snack. I bought ILL$ for RoR at 10:15. It broke down just when it got good. We left the park to come back to POP and swim, went back and the LL is massive. We didn't want to wait (we have any time LL for RoR because it broke down). We rode Slinky again, about a 30 min wait, posted 60. Now back at POP again, we got some drinks at Petals (virgin for kiddo and a nice Pina colava for me). We will go back around 6 and hopefully get on Rise then. I am not happy I spent money on the ride and haven't gotten on it yet. I am sure others in that line feel the same.

We did Epcot yesterday for a few hours and ate some good food. Tomorrow we go to MK and I hope we will get on lots of rides.

We got back yesterday. Sat and sun parks were very busy, much more than our trip at the end of August. Monday was more manageable. Masks were enforced even less than August as well. Most follow rules in lines/rides, but hotels/shops/bathrooms very different.

We did the dessert party Sunday night and it was so good and great view and not shoulder to shoulder packed in which was nice. But the exit out was awful so crowded and impossible to know how to get where you needed to.

Monday night we did the evening hours for deluxe hotels and frozen was still a 20 min wait but it was 60-75 most of the day so not too bad.

Hello! Here is my Park and Hotel experience from my 10/20--10/24/21 trip. Party of two - me and my college daughter, who had a two day Fall break from school. We stayed at the Contemporary, and took advantage of the Early Entry on 10/21, 10/22, and 10/23. We did purchase Genie+ for our trip, and I also qualify for a DAS (Ovarian Cancer stage 3C, and actively going through chemo), and was fortunate to have pre-registered on-line prior to our trip. We also had a rental car, so we were nimble!

10/20 (Wednesday) - Flew from MKE to MCO, early direct flight on Southwest. Arrived at 9:45am. Picked up rental car at Alamo. Had prepaid, so just went to the Full Size aisle and picked out a car. Scored a mini-van, which is easy for me to drive, and reminds me of my former car pool days! Headed to Target on Daryl Carter Parkway (new and clean) to pick up a case of water, breakfast foods, and snacks. Then had some lunch at Chipolte across the street.

I had requested an early check-in at noon at the Contemporary, and received notification at 11:30am that our room was ready! We stayed in the Garden Wing, with the old style room. The room was clean, and since it was only the two of us, the odd bathroom configuration was fine. We spent the rest of day exploring the hotel, and relaxing, knowing we had four ambitious days ahead!

10/21 (Thursday)- Early Entry - Magic Kingdom. We walked over to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary. Arrived super early to the walking security check point (before 7am). They opened the check point at 7:30am. We were first in line. After security, we walked to the tap styles, and were about the 10th in line. We tapped in at 7:50am, and headed over to the Tomorrowland bridge. Prior to the bridge, they confirmed our on-site resort status. We were then first at the rope. Promptly at 8:30am, we were walked over behind castmembers to the Space Mountain queue. We were first in line! We completed 10 attractions between 8:30am and noon, using rope drop, Genie+ LL, and my DAS pre-registration.

at 7am, we did secure a Genie+ LL for Haunted Mansion, and a ILL$ for Remy at 3pm at Epcot.

1 - Space Mountain - walk on
2 - Buzz lightyear - walk on
3 - Little Mermaid - walk on
4 - Haunted Mansion - Genie+ LL
5 - Tea Cups - walk on
6 - Seven Dwarves - DAS (off of ride at 9:53am)
7 - Winnie the Pooh - DAS
8 - Peter Pan - DAS advanced selection
9 - Pirates of the Caribbean - DAS selection
10 - Big Thunder - Genie+ LL

We enjoyed watching two of the Cavalcades.

We had lunch at Columbia Harbor House at noon (utilizing mobile order) We also made a Genie+ reservation for Soarin' since we were heading to Epcot next.

We walked back to our hotel, freshened up, and hopped over to Epcot. We drove to Epcot in our rental, and utilized Handicapped parking.

As soon as we tapped in at Epcot (right around 2pm), I was able to secure a back-up Boarding Group for Remy. Since we had paid for a spot through ILL$, I did this to just see if it could be done. Our boarding group was called at 9:45pm, but we were well gone by that time.

1 - Soarin' - Genie+ LL - 2:15pm
2 - Remy - Paid ILL$ LL - 3:05pm
3 - Frozen - DAS - 3:48pm
4 - Test Track - DAS - 4:34pm

Enjoyed watching the drum show at Japan

We then hopped to Hollywood Studios

We had dinner at Catalina Eddies utilizing mobile order.

1 - Rock n Rollercoaster - Genie+ LL - 7:25pm
2 - Rise of the Resistance - DAS - 7:48pm

We did a lot of shopping at HS. Overall, our first day was very successful, and a lot of fun!

10/22 (Friday) - Early Entry - Hollywood Studios. We drove in our rental car to Hollywood Studios. Parking lot opening promptly at 7:30am. I was able to utilize the Handicapped parking. Our on-site resort status was confirmed, and we promptly tapped into the park a little after 7:30am. We briskly walked over to Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway, and were first in line (two days in a row of rope dropping, and being first in line for an attraction!) Mickey and Minnie was a good choice since Rise of Resistance was down that morning. We accomplished 7 attractions prior to our 11:50am lunch at Mama Melrose's.

1 - Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway - walk on
2 - Alien Saucer Swirl - walk-on
3 - Slinky Dog - DAS (time of 9:15am)
4 - Toy Story Midway Mania - DAS advanced selection 10am
5 - Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway - DAS 10:28am
6 - Slinky Dog - Genie + LL 10:49am
7 - Rock n Rollercoaster - DAS advanced selection 11:05am

Lunch at Mama Melrose's - 11:50am - had an excellent experience

8 - Rise of the Resistance - DAS - 1:03pm
9 - Star tours - Genie+ LL - 1:49pm

We then drove back to the Contemporary, and relaxed in room and by the pool. Then we freshened up for Boo Bash!

Hopped into Magic Kingdom at about 5pm. We walked over from our hotel.

1 - Jungle Cruise - Genie+ LL - 5:30pm
2 - Big Thunder - DAS - 5:50pm
3 - Peter Pan - DAS - 7pm
4 - Haunted Mansion - Genie+ LL - 7:30pm
5 - Seven Dwarves - DAS - 8:31pm

Boo Bash - We picked up our wrist bands, maps, and candy bags at Tortuga Tavern a little before 7pm. We only did three attractions, primarily due to enjoying the Halloween festivities so much! Trick or treating, Halloween Cavalcades (watched by the Hub), Dance Parties, actors outside the Haunted Mansion, and free popcorn and ice cream! We thought the crowds seemed low, lines were short, and really had a nice time!

1 - Space Mountain - DAS 9:15pm
2 - Seven Dwarves - DAS 10:45pm
3 - Haunted Mansion - DAS 11:15pm

10/23 - (Saturday) - Early Entry - Animal Kingdom. We drove in our rental car to Animal Kingdom. Parking lot opened promptly at 6:30am. I utilized the Handicapped parking. I don't remember when the tap-styles opened, but we waited for a while. We were about 10 back in line. After tapping in, our on-site status was confirmed prior to going to the area where we waited to head back to Flight of Passage. Then we walked back to another waiting area just prior to entering Pandora. Right at 7:30am, we were then walked back by cast members into the Flight of passage queue. Although not first in line this time (lol), we were in the first group on the attraction.

1 - Flight of Passage - 7:30am - walk-on
2 - Na'vi River- 8am - walk-on
3 - Flight of Passage - 8:30am - DAS
4 - Safari - 9am - Genie+ LL
5 - Everest - 9:50am - DAS
6 - Feathered Friends show - 10:30am - walk-on
7 - Everest - 11am - DAS

11:50 lunch at Tusker House - great service, however just too much food for my daughter and I, especially since neither of us are big meat eaters. I much preferred this restaurant as a buffet, rather than family style.

After lunch we headed out, since we were exhausted from attending Boo Bash the night before.

We drove back to the Contemporary, and took two hour naps. After freshening up, we hopped over to Hollywood Studios around 5pm. Again utilized Handicapped parking. Park did not seem crowded at that point in the evening!

1 - Frozen Sing-along - walk-on - 5:30pm
2 - Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway - DAS 6:15pm
3 - Slinky Dog - DAS 7:15pm
4 - Rock n Rollercoaster - Genie+ LL 7:30pm

We had dinner at the Backlot Express, which was surprisingly good at about 6:30pm utilizing mobile ordering. Restaurant was empty.

We then drove back to our hotel, and decided to resort hop the monorail resorts to do some shopping, Always fun to explore the other hotels and the shopping!

10/24 (Sunday) "Slept in" until 8am, packed up our room and rental car, and checked out of our hotel. We then walked over to Magic Kingdom for pictures, shopping, and a couple of rides

1 - Winnie the Pooh - Genie+ LL - 10:45am
2 - Seven Dwarves - DAS - 11:50am
3 - Pirates of the Caribbean - Genie+ LL - 12:35pm

Enjoyed some Dole Whip floats before taking the monorail back to the Contemporary. We had a quick lunch at the Contempo Cafe, and then drove over to Animal Kingdom.

1 - Dinosaur - Genie+ LL 2:50pm
2 - Everest - DAS 3:20pm
3 - Safari - Genie+ LL 3:45pm (starting pouring rain during the Safari which was interesting!)
4 - Flight of Passage - DAS - 4:30pm

Since we had a super late flight out (10:25pm), we quickly did a little shopping at Disney Springs. Zara is one of my daughter's favorite stores!

Drove back to MCO without incident, returned rental car, and flew out about 30 minutes late (due to wait on flight crew).

Overall a truly Magical Trip!!! We walked over 48 miles in total!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Here now, a few things to mention that might help others...

-LOVED ROTR but also loved MFSR. This is the first time we’ve seen that entire area at HS and we were very impressed with it all!
-Crowds are very low. Much less than we expected. It was noticeable yesterday especially (Weds). Our hotel is not crowded either.
-Boo Bash was super fun for us bc we have two older boys who wanted to go simply for the rides. We walked on to everything except SDMT for which we waited 20 mins. I personally was disappointed at the lack of decorations and overall not very Halloween-ish feel of the night. But I also didn’t think they oversold the event. It seemed like a good amount of people and we had lots of space when walking around. We all enjoyed walking up and grabbing popcorn and ice cream for sure though ;) I am a daily intense hiker but you probably wouldn’t be able to tell after this trip. Not feeling very fit from all the yummy treats but I figured it’s vacation right?
-Housekeeping is sparse, and we aren’t happy about that considering the price for a room. Had to call and ask for soap, tissues, and toilet paper. Today we have to ask them to vacuum. Lots of crumbs around and they have been in our room twice and not swept or vacuumed. I understand all the reasons for housekeeping modifications right now but they didn’t knock prices down at all so that’s where my frustration lies.
-Epcot feels like a ghost town. So much potential there-I hope they improve it very soon.
-Space 220 was fabulous. Crazy expensive but we enjoyed it. I had been worried about the reviews but the food was perfect EXCEPT for the green salad (tasteless lettuce drenched in dressing). We all had filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly and barely needed the steak knife to cut it. Excellent wine selection too. Well-staffed and efficient. We were all super happy with the entire experience.
-Finally experienced cranky CMs. Mickey and Minnie ride at HS. My son was finishing up a snack at the door and got a “come on, he can’t take that in with him,” as we were already in the process of stopping and pulling off to the side until he finished. Same ride, same son...his mask came off during the windy part and actually flew away into the room. He was mortified bc he’s a rule follower and when we got to the end of the ride the two CMs were shaking their heads at us. My son was almost in tears bc he was stressed already and one of them said, “No, you did not lose your mask on the ride. You didn’t have one.” Super rude. I told them they’ll find a light blue one in the room where it happened and then they will know he had one! Then I asked them where to get a new mask bc we had to get on a bus back to our resort and they were very unhelpful. I know they’re probably annoyed at all the people not complying but this wasn’t the case and they could have “read the room” and easily seen how upset my son was. (I normally have spares in my bag but didn’t today for some reason.) And if you ever need one the gift shops have surgical ones for $1.50 behind the register
-Pixie dust-Little moments from CMs have been plentiful. 99.9% of them have been friendly and fun. Got a free cotton candy at the end of the night when we bought a water. Got extra trading cards at Space 220 just because. When my son’s excitement was all over his face trick or treating at boo bash, a CM gave him a huge extra handful of candy bc she thought it was cute how appreciative he was. As usual, we’ve found that if you are positive and respectful, they go the extra mile. We have seen guests being not so kind and CMs seem to handle it well.
-Skyliner was also a first for us and very pleasant. They weren’t mixing people so we had one to ourselves.

We will have a low-key AK day today and return to HS tonight. That seems to be the place for our kids’ demographic - 12 and 17 year old boys!

My son was almost in tears bc he was stressed already and one of them said, “No, you did not lose your mask on the ride. You didn’t have one.”
How awful. Your poor kiddo. My son would be the same way. I suppose it's a good lesson for him to see why it's better to intentionally choose to expect good things from people. That CM did the opposite and spread bad feelings. But the CM who gave him extra candy looked for the good and made his day better.

How awful. Your poor kiddo. My son would be the same way. I suppose it's a good lesson for him to see why it's better to intentionally choose to expect good things from people. That CM did the opposite and spread bad feelings. But the CM who gave him extra candy looked for the good and made his day better.
Love that perspective!

-Finally experienced cranky CMs. Mickey and Minnie ride at HS. My son was finishing up a snack at the door and got a “come on, he can’t take that in with him,” as we were already in the process of stopping and pulling off to the side until he finished. Same ride, same son...his mask came off during the windy part and actually flew away into the room. He was mortified bc he’s a rule follower and when we got to the end of the ride the two CMs were shaking their heads at us. My son was almost in tears bc he was stressed already and one of them said, “No, you did not lose your mask on the ride. You didn’t have one.” Super rude. I told them they’ll find a light blue one in the room where it happened and then they will know he had one! Then I asked them where to get a new mask bc we had to get on a bus back to our resort and they were very unhelpful. I know they’re probably annoyed at all the people not complying but this wasn’t the case and they could have “read the room” and easily seen how upset my son was. (I normally have spares in my bag but didn’t today for some reason.) And if you ever need one the gift shops have surgical ones for $1.50 behind the register
-Pixie dust-Little moments from CMs have been plentiful. 99.9% of them have been friendly and fun. Got a free cotton candy at the end of the night when we bought a water. Got extra trading cards at Space 220 just because. When my son’s excitement was all over his face trick or treating at boo bash, a CM gave him a huge extra handful of candy bc she thought it was cute how appreciative he was. As usual, we’ve found that if you are positive and respectful, they go the extra mile. We have seen guests being not so kind and CMs seem to handle it well.

Sorry your son had to experience this. I would have told the CMs to please look at the cameras before passing remarks/making faces.

We will be spending lot's of time/all of my grandson's time (taking turns) outdoors when we come down next week. My 2 year old grandson will not wear a mask. We know and are prepared for this.

Last edited:
We will be spending lot's of time/all of his time (taking turns) outdoors when we come down next week. My 2 year old grandson will not wear a mask. We know and are prepared for this.
I don't want to veer off into a mask debate, but please be aware that masks are required on all Disney transportation (other than open air boats), just in case you need to make other arrangements

I don't want to veer off into a mask debate, but please be aware that masks are required on all Disney transportation (other than open air boats), just in case you need to make other arrangements

Yes. Thank you. They are driving because of this or they would have flown.

Also, they don't need to go through lobby at resort. Directly to room from parking lot.

Lot's of pool time, strolling around :) - they need to get away. Hopefully it will work out okay. I was tempted to use his points (DVC) too like I am doing with my other son. My other son won't go until no more masks - so I am using his banked points/does not want to rent. I invited another couple to join us in March :). (We are all DVC Members). Keeping fingers crossed!!!!

Definitely not trying/don't want any debates.......I want entertainment. I have "news" for that :teeth:

My son was almost in tears bc he was stressed already and one of them said, “No, you did not lose your mask on the ride. You didn’t have one.” Super rude. I told them they’ll find a light blue one in the room where it happened and then they will know he had one! Then I asked them where to get a new mask bc we had to get on a bus back to our resort and they were very unhelpful.
You need to email guest relations about that. It's not OK to treat anyone like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter