Leaving tomorrow.

Overall, great trip. But I will say pandemic related issues were noticeable with reduced merchandise, it honestly did feel weird to wave at characters while they stood on the lawn 😂, we didn't mind the no bed making, but didn't love throwing out garbage, the bus was pretty bad at our hotel. Only one driver per route and if they took a break, you waited...and waited...oh, and so many places out of certain types of wine!!!

We liked Genie +, found it very easy to use.

Weather was hot and humid. Stormy today and rained a lot Sunday. One of the worst weather trips we've had, but still pretty good.

So we are happy we went. Not our greatest trip, but still fun. Cast members were awesome!

We plan to return late April 2023 and hopefully a lot of these issues are but a memory!

Ask me anything!

Oh, and we took a ride on Skyliner and LOVED it!

Last edited:

Yes. Thank you. They are driving because of this or they would have flown.

Also, they don't need to go through lobby at resort. Directly to room from parking lot.

Lot's of pool time, strolling around :) - they need to get away. Hopefully it will work out okay. I was tempted to use his points (DVC) too like I am doing with my other son. My other son won't go until no more masks - so I am using his banked points/does not want to rent. I invited another couple to join us in March :). (We are all DVC Members). Keeping fingers crossed!!!!

Definitely not trying/don't want any debates.......I want entertainment. I have "news" for that :teeth:
he will need a mask to get to MK even with your car as there is ferry or monorail from parking lot unless you are staying at Contemporary

This is Disney's official statement:

Face Coverings
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) in all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all indoor attractions and indoor queues and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings are optional for Guests in outdoor areas.

All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) should:

• Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin, triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings should:

• Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
  • Meet all face covering requirements listed above

Disney is very clear of their requirements.

Please end the discussion re: face masks. It never goes anywhere productive.

Thank you.

So I know that you can’t book one night stays online for Disney right now. Has anyone tried over the phone and had any luck? We are renting DVC points and now we need to take on a night at the beginning, and getting in so late, just wanted a value. Just wondering if any one has tried?

So I know that you can’t book one night stays online for Disney right now. Has anyone tried over the phone and had any luck? We are renting DVC points and now we need to take on a night at the beginning, and getting in so late, just wanted a value. Just wondering if any one has tried?
I have seen some dates at the beginning of the year available for one night stays.

On our way back now from a short 4 day trip. I ended up using genie + against my better judgment. While it was annoying to have to pay for it, I think it was much more efficient than fast pass plus was towards the end. Rides were literally walk on for us with it. However, we are ap holders & I think it’s a bad idea for wdw to not let AP holders book it til the day of. I definitely analyzed the money much more than I would have if I had added it to my hotel stay somehow. Also, deluxe extra hours were awesome in MK last night. Walked on everything including mine train. It wasn’t so great at Epcot Monday. Not worth the effort there IMO. I wouldn’t stay in a deluxe just for that, but it was nice to have it. I know ppl complained about it just being for deluxe, but I think it has to stay limited to be valuable. I remember extra magic had become worthless pre-Covid. With no fast pass available, lines were worse than during the day for some things.

We got back a few days ago, but I haven’t had a chance to write up anything. I’m going to break it up into different posts.

My mother, sister, and I arrived on Tuesday 10/12. I was really worried that out Southwest flight would be affected by the problems they were having, but our flight lef5 and arrived as scheduled. After collecting our baggage, we only waited about ten minutes to board Magical Express, which left shortly after. While waiting, we got our room assignment in the Pop section I wanted. Yay! Our DME bus stopped at AoA first and then Pop. I believe they were going to CBR and Riviera after as well.

Our room was exactly as requested. We were in the 60s section, ground floor. We were 2 minutes from the food court and the Skyliner. It was our first time at Pop and we were very happy with the resort. Our room was clean and suitably stocked with towels and toiletries. For our entire stay, housekeeping was great, coming in every other day to tidy up, empty trash, take away towels, and restock new towels and coffee. All CMs we came into contact with were kind and helpful. I would stay at Pop again in heartbeat.

We did an Instagram order, which was delivered promptly and with only a couple substitutions. We had lunch at the food court, splitting a couple salads, a cupcake, and a 50th celebration dessert. We then unpacked and headed over to Disney Springs for shopping and dinner. Disney Springs, even on a Tuesday evening was very busy. The World of Disney store was crazy busy. We had dinner at Raglan Road, which was as good as it always is. We had a wonderful table with a great view of the stage and the dancers. It’s not a Disney trip without a meal at Raglan Road for us. The food is fantastic and I love the Irish music and dancing.

On Wednesday, 10/24, we headed to Epcot. We managed to get group 44 for Remy using resort Wifi. There was no line for the Skyliner, either at Pop or at CBR. We got to the International Gateway and through security by 9:10am and were held in the UK section for rope drop. We headed to Soarin’ for our first ride. We were off and on the ride by 9:55am. Living with the Land was down, so we headed to The Seas building, did the ride there and enjoyed the aquarium and the animals. We headed back to Living with the Land when I saw that it was up and running. At this point, we headed to World Showcase to start enjoying the Food & Wine Festival. We hit several booths that afternoon, including Hops & Barley, Spain, Japan, and Ireland. We wanted to try France, but it was very hot and the line for France was crazy long! Our group for Remy was called around 11:40am. We waited around 20 minutes in line. The ride is so fun! I truly loved it.

We ended up calling it a day at Epcot around 2pm. It was hot and we headed back to Pop via the Skyliner for a break. I highly recommend taking breaks midday, especially if it’s hot. That evening, we headed to AK, since I wanted to experience it at night and see the Tree of Life lit up. The lighting was beautiful. If you get a chance to do it, try to fit it in. We also had dinner at Satuli Canteen, one of my favorite quick services anywhere on property. We also rode the Navi River Journey with a 25 minute wait. After the lighting of the tree, we headed back to Pop.

Thursday, 10/25, was spent at the pool at Pop. It was a pleasant, relaxing day. I mobile ordered lunch from Everything Pop, though you can order in person now. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to that though. I truly enjoyed mobile order. It was efficient throughout our trip and there was never an instance when we couldn’t use it when we wanted. We also got some Piña Colavas from Petals. Very good!

We headed to MK that evening for dinner at Liberty Tree and to watch Enchantment. It was our first time at LTT and we loved it! The food was good and plentiful. We especially loved the turkey and the pork. The sides were good as well, though we hardly ate the mac and cheese. That was the only disappointing part. And the dessert?! So good! You all weren’t kidding about how good it is. After dinner, we headed to find a spot to watch Enchantment. Admittedly, it was later than I like when I’m staking out a spot, so we ending up on Main Street between the bakery and Casey’s. It was a fine spot though because I felt immersed in the projections on Main Street. It was beautiful! I think they did wonderful job with the entire fireworks show. I got choked up several times while watching.

We tried to shop afterwards and the Emporium was a madhouse, so we bought a few things and gave up. I will say shopping for 50th merch was a huge disappointment the entire trip because I couldn’t find several things that I wanted to buy. I’m now stalking the Disney site because I refuse to pat the resellers.

A bus was pulling up just as we got to the stop, so we had zero wait that night, even after fireworks. It was a good first few days of the trip. More details to come later.

We did an Instagram order, which was delivered promptly and with only a couple substitutions.

I'm intrigued. What is this? We're planning a early Dec trip and planning to use ME and haven't decided if we'll bother with getting a few things delivered (or take an uber to do it) or just bite the bullet and pay the prices at the resort for the few things we want.

I'm intrigued. What is this? We're planning a early Dec trip and planning to use ME and haven't decided if we'll bother with getting a few things delivered (or take an uber to do it) or just bite the bullet and pay the prices at the resort for the few things we want.
I’m going to guess OP tried to write Instacart and autocorrect changed it to Instagram

We are needing 11/19
It looks like the Dolphin is practically value priced that night! No minimum nights required.
Yes...the Dolphin has Double/Double rooms @$249 for Disney APs, including resort fee & taxes. As a Dolphin guest, you would have access to the extra a.m. & p.m. park hours. EP, DHS, and the Boardwalk are short walks, and the Friendship boats stop at the Swan & Dolphin. I believe that the Dolphin will transfer your bags to any Disney resort, at no cost (just a tip to bell services). The only extra would be parking, if you have a vehicle. Though not official Disney buses, there is free motor coach transportation to AK and MK.D334FF3E-5091-4D87-A636-CB60F025B099.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter