Did you try having your husband walk through carrying the bag to see if there still was an issue?

No, but as I said--when I walked through without it, the alarm didn't sound.

Close up of the questionable area:

The wide part has a zipper that is on the underside and you can clearly see the large metal rings. I pointed all of this out to security and they were adamant that this would not set off the machines. I, however, beg to differ.

Yes--I walked through without the bag--no issues; then again with the bag held below my waist and that is the area that was found to be questionable--it is something in that bag's construction that is setting off the alarm.
I wonder if there is a small anti-theft device buried somewhere in the bag.

Does anyone know how late you can be for a lunch adr? I keep getting stuck…wait time says 40 minutes so I think I have enough time to ride, I wait 30 minutes, realize the wait time was wrong, then have to leave to go to adr. It’s frustrating

Does anyone know how late you can be for a lunch adr? I keep getting stuck…wait time says 40 minutes so I think I have enough time to ride, I wait 30 minutes, realize the wait time was wrong, then have to leave to go to adr. It’s frustrating

If you're late due to Disney's fault ( inaccurate wait times is definitely their fault) you shouldn't have a problem be late with an adr. We've had it happen many times.

If you're late due to Disney's fault ( inaccurate wait times is definitely their fault) you shouldn't have a problem be late with an adr. We've had it happen many times.
I called when I was going to be late and it wasn't an issue. We waited two hours for a bus from AK to MK for a 7DMT and then ADR. Missed the FastPass, made the ADR almost an hour late.

I think you should always give yourself a decent cushion though, because what I've found is at Disney, most things take a lot more time than you expect to. Officially, they will hold your reservation for 15 minutes. In practice, they will often squeeze you in later if you had a problem with a delay, but it's not guaranteed. I do remember one time we had a PPO ADR at BOG and the despite leaving about 90 mins prior to our rez, the MK bus from our resort broke down and we were stuck on it for over an hour. By the time we made through bag check etc., and got all the way to the back of the park, we were close to 30 mins after our ADR, and they still let us in.

We headed to AK today. Arrived in the lot by car shortly before 8 and headed to EE with no wait. Then Dinosaur, Safari, and then got on the line for Pandora at 9:40 am. Touring Plans had the wait at 34 minutes and the posted time was 70 min. We ended up waiting 42 minutes which was way better than expected considering we didn’t rope drop it. Then headed to Starbucks for coffees and then to Kali. Great morning so far!

not so magical start to our vacation - our departure flight has been delayed 3 hours and now we’re not set to get into the hotel until close to 11pm! 😩

I have an order from Garden Grocer set to be delivered to bell services from 6-9pm. I called guest services to try to pre-schedule bell services bringing it to our room (i’m okay paying the $6), but she said we have to be in the room first. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I’ve ordered groceries before through GG and they would already be in our room when we got to it (this was also pre-covid).

So… after my third time being evacuated from rise of the resistance, I feel
Like we should get a pass back to rise, and a pass for something else. That’s 3 times we waited and one time at guest services because all Of the recoveries didn’t load. And, again all of them didn’t load so I need to go through guest services again.

not so magical start to our vacation - our departure flight has been delayed 3 hours and now we’re not set to get into the hotel until close to 11pm! 😩

I have an order from Garden Grocer set to be delivered to bell services from 6-9pm. I called guest services to try to pre-schedule bell services bringing it to our room (i’m okay paying the $6), but she said we have to be in the room first. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I’ve ordered groceries before through GG and they would already be in our room when we got to it (this was also pre-covid).
They won't bring groceries to your room without you in there anymore, they won't even do the in-room celebrations anymore like they used to. You have to either be in the room to receive them, or go to the front desk. It's REALLY annoying.

Rise has been down all day. Recovery passes are being given out and then down again and then more passes...round and round we go. I give up. Wish I could donate my boarding group to someone. If this was my only chance this trip I would be losing my mind.
Instead California Sunset at Baseline for the sun setting on my mostly relaxing vacation.

How have park and resort TS restaurants been, as far as crowds and masking? We've only been when masks were required in/outside, and at your table when not actually eating and drinking. Heading down in 2 weeks with 2 kids under 12 and would be very thankful to hear if the TS experience has changed since April 2021. Thanks!

We had a successful morning at MK. I thought MK only opened at 9:00 when it was actually 8:00. We tapped into the park at 8:53. Between that time and 12:30 when we left to head back to the Poly to swim, we rode 7DMT, Pooh, Teacups, Speedway, Peoplemover, Pirates, and Splash, plus we stopped to eat two Cheshire Cat tails and we also mobile ordered lunch from Pecos Bill. I thought this morning would be a disaster with the late start, but it was really a great morning. We are headed back soon to ride some more rides and watch HEA one more time.

We used it on Saturday (landed at 8:40am). When we arrived at Magical Express check-in, the CM said 30 minute wait. Waited less than 5 minutes to board bus. Maybe 10 more minutes for others boarding.
We were first stop (Boardwalk) so it was quick for us - in our room around 10:30 (off the plane at the gate at 9am & had to go to baggage claim so really quick).
After Boardwalk, stops were Yacht Club then Art of Animation.

Glad for this....our plane arrives at 8:35am and we are also staying at Boardwalk Inn. I was wondering if there was a chance in heck we could get into our rooms before we head to the park.

Just some more info from our trip last week… we had made a droid and bought a loth cat at Galaxy’s Edge. We didn’t want to carry them home so we had them shipped. It was only around $15. They told us it would be around 10 days but it got home before we did! So that means it was less then 4 days. So shipping is a great option :)

We also proactively got tested for COVID as there are people we want to see this weekend (still working from home so haven’t seen people otherwise) and our tests came back negative!

No question that it's more full than when it was just the dessert buffet, but it is significantly less crowded than the shoulder to shoulder crowds outside the area. At least it was for us on a couple of really busy park days 2 weeks ago.

yes. I agree. It still is much better than around the hub

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter