Here now. I posted a quick mini review about our first few days here many pages ago. But here is an updated review.

We’ve been here since July 20th, staying at BCV.

We’ve visited all 4 parks and Disney Springs.

It’s hot and crowded, but that’s easy to figure out whether you are here or not. Getting a chair at SAB has been relatively easy at all hours of the day.

Lines for rides are generally long throughout all ours of the day at all parks. We have NOT been rope dropping but have been entering the parks right when they open and have had a decent experience trying to get on rides in the morning. If the park opens at 9, the lines stay manageable for the most part until about 10-11am, then they are straight unbearable for the rest of the day, with a few exceptions here and there based on weather, ride downtime and people’s general touring plans. If anyone is looking to pack in the rides with short waits, rope drop is absolutely the way to go. But once again, this is probably obvious to most people whether they are here or not already.

Here are a few general comments I have though thus far regarding things that are out of the ordinary for Disney in general…..

Ride breakdowns are a thing, and they last pretty long. Ride breakdowns happen, we expect them. But they have a FAR bigger impact on the park due to there not being any shows or other people eaters being open at the moment. For instance, RNRC was down most of yesterday at Hollywood Studios. This made ride lines such as ToT almost 3 hours at certain points. I’ve been coming here for 30+ years at least 1x annually and have never seen ToT lines this long before, except for when it opened. For me, it never even topped 70-80 minutes during some of the busiest times, including Easter. So you can imagine just how long the lines are for everything else in HS. I’m not sure if this is a general staffing issue, reliability problems, fractured supply chain for parts, whatever it is, this needs to be addressed quicker then anything IMO. Maybe as quick as they need shows to return and more food options to open up.

The parks are essentially BUTCHERED with these very long snaking lines all over the place. They are EVERYWHERE. There was a time where only new headliners like FoP would have lines snaking through the parks. Not anymore. Almost EVERY ride has lines snaking through the park. Magic Kingdom and HS are the worst with this, most especially HS though. Because of this and because of the lack of people eaters, the parks FEEL insanely crowded despite whatever the true numbers are. This is by far my biggest complaint right now. It really ruins the beauty of these parks and turns them into a more well oiled Universal. This is not OK by me and does not meet the high Disney standard for park experience that Disney has had since I’ve been coming here as a kid. I hope this problem goes away eventually with more stuff opening.

Staffing is a very real issue. At first, I didn’t think it was. But I was wrong. You really notice it at the restaurants. There are hardly any, if any, busboys or runners. This leaves a lot of dirty tables and consequently longer waits to be seated even with ADRs, because tables are unclean and not ready in proper time. Servers are responsible for cleaning these tables as far as I can see, and they are also understaffed in that regard too. There are hardly any low wage workers but there are def a lot of servers still in training which should help in the near future once they are passed through. The Be Our Guest server we had said they usually have 50 people working in the kitchen to serve 2000+ people. Now, they only have 12. These particular issues are probably why certain things like Hurricane Hannah’s grill is still closed and why getting a drink at the pool is not easy (the line for a drink is definitely long and the pool servers are very overworked). I have been tipping close to 30% at every restaurant I eat at, whether the CM is nice or not. I truly feel bad for the situation Disney has put them in with overdoing the capacity when they couldn’t handle. Disney screwed us, and them by doing that.

I know there were reports of garbage overflowing in the parks and hallways of hotels. This is just not true. I have not seen this at all and have been here for almost a week. Maybe this is an issue that I missed and once was a problem prior to my trip. Who knows.

CM interactions have been mostly very positive. There are a few exceptions but I just brush it off.

That’s all I have for now. I will post back once the trip is complete and I will post a full in depth review. Keep in mind, I have been vocally very critical of Disney and their decision making in the last few months while they rush back to normal. I still hold the opinion that capacity should NEVER have been increased to this point and it should have never outpaced their ability to bring back staff and other attractions. This is unacceptable by Disney standard and definitely has a negative impact on the overall guest experience here. But in general, we are getting on rides we want. We are waiting, but lines tend to move quick so they never feel that long. We overall are having a great trip and will walk away with a generally positive experience, despite the criticisms and negatives I pointed out above. But these things should be considered for anyone with an impending trip. They do have a noticeable impact.

Here now, and you have hit the nail on the head !!! The snaking park lines are both physically and mentally draining, and it just makes you want to leave the park (well, at least in our case it does) - and there is a severe lack of staff !!!

(On a side note--- we are at the ASM, and I knew coming in about the cutdown in housekeeping services--- but, our room has been visited twice in 10 days !!! We just had to go to guest services to get toilet paper !!!)

Mobile ordering and not being allowed into the area before you check in, just adds to the chaos and crowds of people, and unnecessarily imo.

Reasonable people can certainly disagree. I actually like the mobile ordering, though I don't disagree that it adds to the crowds outside of the restaurants. But I would rather have the crowded confusion outside of the restaurant, rather than inside when I have my tray(s) of food and cannot find a seat. I have found that mobile ordering has made finding tables once you get your food much easier.

Reasonable people can certainly disagree. I actually like the mobile ordering, though I don't disagree that it adds to the crowds outside of the restaurants. But I would rather have the crowded confusion outside of the restaurant, rather than inside when I have my tray(s) of food and cannot find a seat. I have found that mobile ordering has made finding tables once you get your food much easier.
That's really more of a Covid-generated thing than just mobile ordering, since mobile ordering wasn't like that pre-Covid. Mobile ordering is great, but I really liked it a few years ago when not many people seemed to use it.

That's really more of a Covid-generated thing than just mobile ordering, since mobile ordering wasn't like that pre-Covid. Mobile ordering is great, but I really liked it a few years ago when not many people seemed to use it.

I find that most things at Disney (rides, shows, restaurants, etc) are more enjoyable when there are less people using them. :)

Trip was 7/7-7/14. Had an awesome time. It was so great not to wear masks. BUT it was packed & no way to social distance. Didn’t bother us b/c we are fully vaccinated. But, came home on 7/14 & 7/19 DH developed Covid symptoms & tested positive. Then I started with symptoms right after & am positive too. I was one who couldn’t wait to get back to normal & thought we were safe. Depressing b/c we were going back in Sept or Oct, but I really don’t know now. DH & I have relatively mild symptoms compared to hospitalized ppl, but this still sucks. Could have gotten it anywhere, of course, but we drove & made very few stops & was actually able to social distance in those locations. Hope this doesn’t get deleted b/c it contains Covid info b/c this was part our experience.

Here now, and you have hit the nail on the head !!! The snaking park lines are both physically and mentally draining, and it just makes you want to leave the park (well, at least in our case it does) - and there is a severe lack of staff !!!

(On a side note--- we are at the ASM, and I knew coming in about the cutdown in housekeeping services--- but, our room has been visited twice in 10 days !!! We just had to go to guest services to get toilet paper !!!)

Exhibit A - down the hallway from our room - the result of frustration- room have not been cleaned for days ! 591967

Trip was 7/7-7/14. Had an awesome time. It was so great not to wear masks. BUT it was packed & no way to social distance. Didn’t bother us b/c we are fully vaccinated. But, came home on 7/14 & 7/19 DH developed Covid symptoms & tested positive. Then I started with symptoms right after & am positive too. I was one who couldn’t wait to get back to normal & thought we were safe. Depressing b/c we were going back in Sept or Oct, but I really don’t know now. DH & I have relatively mild symptoms compared to hospitalized ppl, but this still sucks. Could have gotten it anywhere, of course, but we drove & made very few stops & was actually able to social distance in those locations. Hope this doesn’t get deleted b/c it contains Covid info b/c this was part our experience.
Thank you for sharing. This is my biggest concern about our trip next month. We wear masks when out in public but we can't avoid eating out at Disney.

This is so helpful, thank you. I wish you and your family good health!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Hope you and your DH feel better soon.

Reasonable or non-reasonable people can disagree equally. Or agree? Not really sure the sentiment behind the word choice there.

But yes, getting a table certainly is easier with mobile ordering. That is one current plus. The design of it for that purpose is nice. But I think right now, with the way everything is, this is far more of a detriment to the overall park experience. It absolutely adds to the chaos within the parks. It forces more people to wait outside and more frustration with cast members acting as “bouncers” for the QS seating areas. In parks where lines are already insane right now, this doesn’t help that aspect of things whatsoever. But admittedly, as I have said, I rely more on ADRs then QS so take this with a grain of salt.

However, with that said and considering your point and experience with QS, I do think mobile ordering will be far better and more useful overall once everything is more back to normal. But in this current state that the parks are in right now, it just adds to the chaos. Maybe not at a restaurant or QS outside of the park, but inside the parks, not much of a value add to anyone’s vacation, aside from having reliable access to available tables, from my perspective at least. But as you said, feel free to disagree. Doesn’t change my limited experience and what I’m seeing at the moment though.

Last edited:
So sorry it happened to you.

So it mobile ordering required currently for QS as a Covid condition/precaution? We love mobile ordering but it does seem to operate a lot better when it's a choice.

For FOP what worked better for us than rope drop was getting in line right before closing. Getting line at 550 p.m. we only waited about 35 minutes and got to walk out of the park while it was empty. It was nice.

Thank you for this, I wanted the evening option so we can hopefully see it lit up.

So it mobile ordering required currently for QS as a Covid condition/precaution? We love mobile ordering but it does seem to operate a lot better when it's a choice.
It's not required, but very strongly recommended. And it's not every QS. Mobile ordering existed before Covid, but the current procedures of having an order prior to entering is due to Covid to help control capacity, control the flow, and make sure people have a table and aren't just standing around.

Here now and holy cow. :sad2:

Highs:
•Busses are plentiful and always got a seat. One driver said he was brought in from NYC for the month to help out.

•Cast members are overwhelmed and trying their very best. They seem as out of sorts as the rest of us. But always smiling.

•The crowds are forcing me to slow down. I’m seeing lots I haven’t in ten years of trips. My kids kept saying “is this new?” about stuff in the lines because we always had a fastpass.

•My fellow hot and frustrated park guests are helping each other out. Where there is a definite lack of cast members, guests are helping each other with directions, explanations and being generally kind.

•I got a free Dole Whip at closing when the line ended and they just put a few on the counter and said “we’re closed, take what’s left.”

•The first aid in Animal kingdom is terrific. An RN was there to help when my daughter was stung by a bee three times (!) in line for Dinosaur. I had plenty of Claritin, moleskin, and advil- but no Benadryl- she hooked us up and was great.

Lows:
•What’s with all the damn helicopters? Isn’t WDW a no-fly zone? It’s awful.

•Every. Single. Hand. Sanitizer. Is. Empty.

•People as far as the eye can see. The masses are inescapable.

•ADR’s are necessary. Like, lots of them. Plan for expensive sit down meals if you want to enjoy your food. Mobile ordering IS SO NOT what it used to be: efficient and easy.

•Those bubble wands get my glasses soapy and dodging them is an Olympic level sport.

•The parks close too early. Definitely didn’t find that couple of hours before close was less crowded. Not even after the fireworks. People are feeling <cheated> and want to get their few rides in.

•The huge quantities of people have no where to go. Meaning, in shade or a place to just sit. The tunnel into Galaxy’s Edge was shoulder to shoulder people sitting on the ground waiting for their boarding groups to be called. It looked like a refugee camp.

•Okay, rides go down. It’s inevitable. But when a headliner like Space or Splash is out of commission for HOURS there is simply nowhere for people to go. You can only sit through Country Bears / Carousel of Progress so many times.

All in all, I’m glad I came. But this is not the Disneyworld I love, and I hope they right this ship soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Highs:
•Busses are plentiful and always got a seat. One driver said he was brought in from NYC for the month to help out.

•Cast members are overwhelmed and trying their very best. They seem as out of sorts as the rest of us. But always smiling.

•The crowds are forcing me to slow down. I’m seeing lots I haven’t in them years of trips. My kids kept saying “is this new?” about stuff in the lines because we always had a fastpass.

•My fellow hot and frustrated park guests are helping each other out. Where there is a definite lack of cast members, guests are helping each other with directions, explanations and being generally helpful.

•I got a free Dole Whip at closing when the line ended and they just put a few in the counter and said “we’re closed, take what’s left.”

•The first aid in Animal
kingdom is terrific. An RN was there to help when my daughter was stung by a bee three times (!) in line for Dinosaur. I had plenty of Claritin, moleskin

Lows:

•Every. Single. Hand sanitizer. Is. Empty.

•ADR’s are necessary. Like, lots of them. Plan for expensive sit down meals if you want to enjoy your food. Mobile ordering IS SO NOT what it used to be: efficient and easy.

•Those bubble wands get my glasses soapy and dodging them is an Olympic level sport.

•The parks close too early. Definitely didn’t find that couple of hours before close was less crowded. Not even after the fireworks. People are feeling <cheated> and want to get their few rides in.

•The huge quantities of people have no where to go. Meaning, in shade or a place to just sit. The tunnel into Galaxy’s Edge was shoulder to shoulder people sitting on the ground waiting for their boarding groups to be called. It looked like a refugee camp.

•Okay, rides go down. It’s inevitable. But when a headliner like Space or Splash is out of commission for HOURS there is simply nowhere for people to go. You can only sit through Country Bears / Carousel of Progress so many times.

All in all, I’m glad I came. But this is not the Disneyworld I love, and I hope they right this ship soon.
Oh, yes, the bubble wands are CRAZY. And the tunnel into GE- seriously I've never seen anything like that before and it was EVERY TIME we went through there.

Highs:

•The crowds are forcing me to slow down. I’m seeing lots I haven’t in them years of trips. My kids kept saying “is this new?” about stuff in the lines because we always had a fastpass.

•My fellow hot and frustrated park guests are helping each other out. Where there is a definite lack of cast members, guests are helping each other with directions, explanations and being generally helpful.

•I got a free Dole Whip at closing when the line ended and they just put a few in the counter and said “we’re closed, take what’s left.”

•The first aid in Animal
kingdom is terrific. An RN was there to help when my daughter was stung by a bee three times (!) in line for Dinosaur. I had plenty of Claritin, moleskin, and advil- but no Benadryl- she hooked us up and was great.

Lows:

•Every. Single. Hand sanitizer. Is. Empty.

•The parks close too early. Definitely didn’t find that couple of hours before close was less crowded. Not even after the fireworks. People are feeling cheated and want to get their few rides in.

Could not agree more !!! Here now as well--- three more days---- we are exhausted- The parks have by far been the worst part of our trip- The lines are endless, and there are simply not enough CMs- Mobile ordering is Ok.... just OK... we havent waited that long, but the portion sizes are extremely small, and the prices are outrageous ! Agree about the park hours, especially in the case of AK--- why does the park close so early, when its so beautiful at night !!?? When we are not at the parks, the trip has been great !! Our best meals (Kona, Sanaa, Beaches and Cream & Margaritaville (Citywalk) have been outside of the parks as well-

Could not agree more !!! Here now as well--- three more days---- we are exhausted- The parks have by far been the worst part of our trip- The lines are endless, and there are simply not enough CMs- Mobile ordering is Ok.... just OK... we havent waited that long, but the portion sizes are extremely small, and the prices are outrageous ! Agree about the park hours, especially in the case of AK--- why does the park close so early, when its so beautiful at night !!?? When we are not at the parks, the trip has been great !! Our best meals (Kona, Sanaa, Beaches and Cream & Margaritaville (Citywalk) have been outside of the parks as well-
Missing Pandora at night!

Hope you get well soon. People are packed in like sardines down here right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter