I have been hearing a lot of people are getting colds and such because of no mask wearing. Will be wearing indoors and other required areas regardless on our upcoming trip-i am not risking anything!

I still bring a mask with me when I walk my dog in our neighborhood-I hate to say it like this but I just can't trust people (not all people obviously but people who lie about having the vaccine/being sick).
My kindergartner got three cold this year from school and they wore masks all day so it can happen.

Did anyone happen see Latin Ambition at American Gardens theatre? Recognized the bass guitarist as the bass guitarist in Tarzan Rocks from years ago!

What time are they starting fireworks at EPCOT? I looked on the app but the schedule says unavailable. Thanks!

Now that fireworks are back the crowds leaving the parks are going to look like this as many more choose to be at the parks into the late evening. The lack of fireworks until this weekend had many guests leaving earlier and spreading out the crowds. This won’t be the case now as many will also choose to hop to MK or Epcot to enjoy the fireworks. Leaving at park closing will equal huge crowds.
We were at MK July 3. We watched the fireworks from near BOG which was a fabulous spot if you don’t care about the projections (we have seen HEA multiple times so we were OK). We more wanted to avoid crowds and having to find a spot an hour before. it was way less crowded, next group of peopl wears maybe 10 ft from us and we arrived about 2 minutes before the show. If you can make it until 11 we found getting out was much better than trying to leave after fireworks. We started out of the park from Fantasyland at 1105, walked onto a 1/2 full ferry and were in our car at 1145.

We were at MK July 3. We watched the fireworks from near BOG which was a fabulous spot if you don’t care about the projections (we have seen HEA multiple times so we were OK). We more wanted to avoid crowds and having to find a spot an hour before. it was way less crowded, next group of peopl wears maybe 10 ft from us and we arrived about 2 minutes before the show. If you can make it until 11 we found getting out was much better than trying to leave after fireworks. We started out of the park from Fantasyland at 1105, walked onto a 1/2 full ferry and were in our car at 1145.

I watched them on 7/3 also. Last night I was there to get on rides during them. :) But I left at 11 after actual park close, not right after the fireworks, so I that’s why I know it was holiday crowds.

At HS rope drop now after dropping my bags at bell services. Arrived on the first bus from CSR at 7:45 and was among the first people in the held security line. Left side was open so I went that way and it was less people as usual. We waited about 10 minutes and were sent through, I was literally the first person at the “rope” for Tower of Terror…there are more people waiting for RNRC but it’s a decent sized crowd at this point. I got BG 8 this morning on resort wifi so hoping to get the headliners down except Slinky Dog before I head back to the resort for a chill afternoon prior to Tragical Express.

One thing I noticed is bus guests definitely get here before Skyliner guests, I didn’t see anyone coming from the station that early.
We were there too in the same line! We were about 20 people back, maybe a little less. Considering we came from the Hyatt Regency this morning, dropped our bags at WL, and had our driver from Tiffany Towncar drop us at HS, I thought our positioning for rope drop was great. We did not get a BG for Rise at 7, despite lots of success with practicing, but we were successful at 1. Hope you made it out before the rain! We didn’t!

We were there too in the same line! We were about 20 people back, maybe a little less. Considering we came from the Hyatt Regency this morning, dropped our bags at WL, and had our driver from Tiffany Towncar drop us at HS, I thought our positioning for rope drop was great. We did not get a BG for Rise at 7, despite lots of success with practicing, but we were successful at 1. Hope you made it out before the rain! We didn’t!

Not bad! I left HS at noon because my body was crying uncle after 3 consecutive late nights into 2 straight rope drops and so was long gone before any rain…it’s so funny how the weather goes on property because it was perfectly fine at CSR this afternoon, no rain at all. I cooled off at the pool and dozed a little before grabbing a bite to eat and getting on tragical express. It’s probably better I run out of steam around the time waits at HS start getting ridiculous.

Just returned from a 7-day trip! Stayed at Old Key West (first time...not DVC...room rates in March were a good deal and we rolled the dice!) We loved the resort in every way EXCEPT the busses :/ If you are going for essential rest and relaxation, this resort is perfect! So relaxing, but BIG! Makes CB and POR feel like POFQ! Room request is essential at this resort. We had a great room on Penninsular Road building 29. Perfect location. Masks on busses and monorail and Skyway were easy! The busses at OKW were horrific! We took Uber most of the time because of the multiple stops (5 in all) and just a slowwww process! We always walked to the main building to catch the bus because that is the last stop and then to the park; however, you are standing because of all of the people! Parks were busy, but manageable. HS was the worst park for crowds. SO busy and TOO small to handle the crowds. Long lines within 30 minutes of rope drop. Got two ROTR boarding passes during our stay, missed both return windows because one day they opened late and another day we had conflicting lunch reservations. They let us on both times, after returning over 6 hors later. They didn't give us any issues. Ate at Sci-Fi and Prime Time. Sci-Fi was GREAT. Prime Time was meh :/ It has lost its luster for us. Mediocre food and the cast was fairly tame. EPCOT was busy, but manageable. Garden Grill was great dinner, but $250 for 3-people...yikes! Food was good, but nothing special. Long lines for Test Track most of the day. Soarin was much easier to manage. World Showcase was hit and miss with crowds depending on the rain. Only one morning at AK. Tusker House for breakfast was very good! Best character interaction, hands-down! Everest and Dinosaur both down at park opening. This was a trend in many of the parks. We are rope droppers, and MANY rides were down or NOT open in ALL of the parks. It was very frustrating because the parks fill up fast! MK was manageable before 10:00 AM and after 8:00 PM (saw opening night fireworks!) The park staying open until 11:00 makes a HUGE difference. Ate at the Plaza. Average experience, but great turkey sandwich. Disney Springs was busy, but TWO of our best meals were there. Art Smith's is a MUST-DO! Every experience there has ALWAYS been amazing. And a new favorite: Edison! Man was this SO much fun! Great atmosphere, great food, great entertainment, great staff! Such a unique and cool place. My 17DD LOVED this place and has already demanded a return during our February trip. Overall, we have never travelled in June (always February break as we are teachers) but it wasn't that bad. Hot...yes. Rain...yup. But nothing that ruins the vacation! I would be glad to answer any questions or offer feedback!

I read about the QS locations in HS closing early leaving people without reservations with only a few options, is that an issue at the other parks too? We got hoppers because we knew dining was limited, but now I hear this. Hoping to walk over to MK for dinner a few nights.

First day today: arrived, checked in and went to MK at 5 pm for BOG dinner. Bus within 5 min. Celiac daughter thrilled at her dinner options. Rode the carousel, Buzz, and Pirates with minimal waits, had a great view of HEA, then Philharmagic, HM, and Space were walkons. Left at 11 and the bus to Boardwalk again arrived in 5 min. Great day. I think going to MK the day after the 4th was key.

Just returned from a 7-day trip! Stayed at Old Key West (first time...not DVC...room rates in March were a good deal and we rolled the dice!) We loved the resort in every way EXCEPT the busses :/ If you are going for essential rest and relaxation, this resort is perfect! So relaxing, but BIG! Makes CB and POR feel like POFQ! Room request is essential at this resort. We had a great room on Penninsular Road building 29. Perfect location. Masks on busses and monorail and Skyway were easy! The busses at OKW were horrific! We took Uber most of the time because of the multiple stops (5 in all) and just a slowwww process! We always walked to the main building to catch the bus because that is the last stop and then to the park; however, you are standing because of all of the people! Parks were busy, but manageable. HS was the worst park for crowds. SO busy and TOO small to handle the crowds. Long lines within 30 minutes of rope drop. Got two ROTR boarding passes during our stay, missed both return windows because one day they opened late and another day we had conflicting lunch reservations. They let us on both times, after returning over 6 hors later. They didn't give us any issues. Ate at Sci-Fi and Prime Time. Sci-Fi was GREAT. Prime Time was meh :/ It has lost its luster for us. Mediocre food and the cast was fairly tame. EPCOT was busy, but manageable. Garden Grill was great dinner, but $250 for 3-people...yikes! Food was good, but nothing special. Long lines for Test Track most of the day. Soarin was much easier to manage. World Showcase was hit and miss with crowds depending on the rain. Only one morning at AK. Tusker House for breakfast was very good! Best character interaction, hands-down! Everest and Dinosaur both down at park opening. This was a trend in many of the parks. We are rope droppers, and MANY rides were down or NOT open in ALL of the parks. It was very frustrating because the parks fill up fast! MK was manageable before 10:00 AM and after 8:00 PM (saw opening night fireworks!) The park staying open until 11:00 makes a HUGE difference. Ate at the Plaza. Average experience, but great turkey sandwich. Disney Springs was busy, but TWO of our best meals were there. Art Smith's is a MUST-DO! Every experience there has ALWAYS been amazing. And a new favorite: Edison! Man was this SO much fun! Great atmosphere, great food, great entertainment, great staff! Such a unique and cool place. My 17DD LOVED this place and has already demanded a return during our February trip. Overall, we have never travelled in June (always February break as we are teachers) but it wasn't that bad. Hot...yes. Rain...yup. But nothing that ruins the vacation! I would be glad to answer any questions or offer feedback!
Thanks for the review! Couple questions. There will be 3 of us as well, wondering why Garden Grill cost you $250? Also, for The Edison, what day of the week and time did you go? We will be with our 20 year old daughter. Thank you!

I read about the QS locations in HS closing early leaving people without reservations with only a few options, is that an issue at the other parks too? We got hoppers because we knew dining was limited, but now I hear this. Hoping to walk over to MK for dinner a few nights.

This isn’t an issue tbh…I had a grand total of 0 ADRs this weekend and was fine. Walk up waitlists in the app are a thing (I got Liberty Tree Tavern with it on 7/3) as is scheduling mobile orders in advance if you want QS, which you really should be doing anyway if you want to eat at prime hours. Unless you’re deciding at the last minute at like 9pm that you suddenly want to eat you’ll be fine. Even if this was a problem I wouldn’t get hoppers just for that…walk up waitlist availability at the resorts is plentiful on there, I could have even had Chef Mickey’s if I felt like it.

This isn’t an issue tbh…I had a grand total of 0 ADRs this weekend and was fine. Walk up waitlists in the app are a thing (I got Liberty Tree Tavern with it on 7/3) as is scheduling mobile orders in advance if you want QS, which you really should be doing anyway if you want to eat at prime hours. Unless you’re deciding at the last minute at like 9pm that you suddenly want to eat you’ll be fine. Even if this was a problem I wouldn’t get hoppers just for that…walk up waitlist availability at the resorts is plentiful on there, I could have even had Chef Mickey’s if I felt like it.

Did you have to order the whole dinner package or can you order from full menu like before at lunch time?

Did you have to order the whole dinner package or can you order from full menu like before at lunch time?

No a la carte dinner anymore, it was just the family style meal. Everything was fresh and hot and just really good, this was my first time eating there and I enjoyed it way more than I thought (I wanted Skipper Canteen walkup but my app glitched out and it filled before I could get it). Because of my tree nut allergy I was given a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream served on top instead of the ooey gooey cake and it was really really good! I will say of the family style meals I’ve had as a solo diner, this one was by far the most manageable in terms of how they scaled down the portion sizes. (Garden Grill was still way too much food even scaled down)

They are still doing overflow seating in Diamond Horseshoe as well, they asked me if I had a preference and I didn’t care given that I was cutting it a bit close with fireworks as it was. I had never been inside there before and I really liked it, I was sat near the Wurlitzer which was a real treat. If I’m honest I prefer the theming in there to LTT also, I really wish they would put a decent TS in there because it’s so pretty.

My advice for walkup wait list is keep checking...it’s kind of like the old refresh trick with FP+, space will periodically open up if you keep looking even if you don’t see any availability at a given time, except for places like CRT and BOG. I hope they keep this feature, it’s fantastic and I’ve really enjoyed using it.

Last edited:
Yeah, the buses were the only thing I was worried about given the nightmarish experience I had at POFQ the 1 time I stayed there but so far so good. Buses are plentiful for rope drop and have basically been empty, there’s basically no competition for those first buses out. The tower is the last stop on the way out, coming back it’s been hit or miss. From Epcot on Friday night tower was first dropped off but last night from MK after closing we were last. But it really didn’t take long at all. I’ve only taken 1 Lyft and that was to head to Epcot real quick when I got off DME.

We were there a few weeks ago, staying at the Towers, and we didn't have good bus experience. Going to MK we had to wait for 3 buses to come and go before we got on one. They did come back to back as we were tempted to get to TTC and go from there but they did finally send us an empty bus so it could hold most of us who were waiting. The first 3 were limited seating and they weren't letting people stand. Also there was no "line" waiting for the bus so people who showed up late just seemed to squeeze in front of the people who we were letting go first since they got there before us. It was very frustrating. We got to MK later than we had hoped and got to far back for SDMR (line was already back to Circus area). Hopefully they are filling the buses now to include standing.

We were there a few weeks ago, staying at the Towers, and we didn't have good bus experience. Going to MK we had to wait for 3 buses to come and go before we got on one. They did come back to back as we were tempted to get to TTC and go from there but they did finally send us an empty bus so it could hold most of us who were waiting. The first 3 were limited seating and they weren't letting people stand. Also there was no "line" waiting for the bus so people who showed up late just seemed to squeeze in front of the people who we were letting go first since they got there before us. It was very frustrating. We got to MK later than we had hoped and got to far back for SDMR (line was already back to Circus area). Hopefully they are filling the buses now to include standing.

I’m sorry you had such a rotten experience...seems like the one consistent thing about Disney buses is inconsistency, even before Covid. But a few weeks ago is an age nowadays in Disney time! Things are rapidly changing from week to week, even since I was there Memorial Day weekend/first week of June things were different this time. Last time I was there, seating was limited and there was still no standing on buses, but as of this weekend I saw they those numbers off the seats and the barriers are gone. So no limited seating anymore and people can stand on buses again.

It was kind of a moot at rope drop this past weekend, though. Of the 3 days I rope dropped parks, neither the first MK or AK bus had people on them when they pulled up to the tower. The first HS bus did have some people on it but there was more than enough room for the handful of us who were waiting at the tower stop, everyone was able to get a seat even. I’m not the kind of jerk who jumps in front of people despite rolling up just as buses pull in, but it seemed pretty orderly...I guess it really depends on the people, like a lot of things.

Just to be fair... it is a lot easier to stay flexible and score last minute ADRs as a party of 1 vs. a larger group. When I've gone solo I don't make any ADRs and just do what I feel but when I go with my husband/son it's a lot harder to bank on walkup or last minute availability.

Just to be fair... it is a lot easier to stay flexible and score last minute ADRs as a party of 1 vs. a larger group. When I've gone solo I don't make any ADRs and just do what I feel but when I go with my husband/son it's a lot harder to bank on walkup or last minute availability.

I'm interested to test that next week, as we have always been able to get pretty much any ADR we wanted the day before or day of as a party of 4. I know that the pandemic has changed everything, but a quick check just now, we could get Garden Grill, Rose and Crown, Tiffin's, Tusker House, La Hacienda, Crystal Palace, Wine Bar George, Edison, Kona Cafe (and now I'll stop typing, but there are lots more) for dinner tonight.

Thanks for the review! Couple questions. There will be 3 of us as well, wondering why Garden Grill cost you $250? Also, for The Edison, what day of the week and time did you go? We will be with our 20 year old daughter. Thank you!
Hello!
Garden Grill with tip for three adults came to $239.83. That’s the price! It was crazy! We went to Edison on a Thursday night at 7:45 PM. It was the perfect time. Ask for a stage seat, as they have singers and performers right in front of you during your meal. We didn’t get drinks at the Edison, as they are a bit pricey and we arent big drinkers anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter