We had this exact experience a few weeks ago going from DS to Yacht Club. Waited almost an hour for a bus at 1ish and the driver had no windows open, no AC on. I PASSED OUT and after my family/other families noticed all started shouting for the bus driver to turn AC on and his reply was "oh it's on I feel it". Dude had his upfront AC on only. I complained at the front desk and was given a "When I started out a a cast member, we used to have a sanitation company run our transportation and there was never any AC" story, which was super out of place and not what I expected out of Disney.
Last night when I asked about shipping, the suggested I go to a local UPS store.

That's just wild to me. I get the times we're in, being overworked(AREN'T WE ALL AT THIS POINT!?) but that's a response I'd expect from a Holiday Inn or Motel 6 sort of front desk, not Disney.
BINGO! They also said I could go to the Coronado- why not label it and send it over there themselves instead of sending a guest on an adventure on the last night of his vacation?

Our 4th park day was at Epcot on Tuesday, March 23. The park hours were from 11-11.

We took the Skyliner from Pop. We got there around 12. There was no wait there. But once we got to CBR to transfer to the Epcot line, it was about a 20 minute wait. There was no line to get into the park, once we arrived at Epcot.

We headed all the way to the front of the park to go to Spaceship Earth. It was listed as a 30 minute wait. The wait may have been a little less, but it was fairly accurate. Next we went to Test Track with a wait time listed at 60 minutes. We got in line at 1:50 and got on the ride at 2:15. So the actual wait time was only 25 minutes.

Then we had ADRs at Biergarten. We had 2 separate reservations 5 minutes apart. We’ve asked to be seated as close as possible. They were able to seat us next to each other and 20 minutes early too! The food was brought to us, instead of a buffet. They still had the folk singers and the instruments. It was a great experience and our first-time friends LOVED it. However my family liked it better pre-Covid, since there were way more options at the buffet.

This was also when I noticed that they had a mismatch of staff. Our waitress was actually from O’hana. She was from Ecuador...not from Germany. But since it is closed, they sent her to Biergarten. She’s said a lot of employees were sent to other restaurants. I did see some waiters in the German outfits, but there were lots that were not. Our waitress was great and she did a nice job. But if you’re wanting more of an “authentic” experience, you may want to wait until things are a little back to normal.

After lunch, we went back to future world. We rode Finding Nemo and it was a walk-on. Some of the experiences in that building were closed, but you could still see the aquarium.

At this point everyone wanted to do their own thing. So my group headed back to World Showcase. We went to Grand Fiesta tour in Mexico. The wait was listed as 5 minutes. But there was a line to get inside the building. So it actually took us about 15 minutes to get on the ride.

Then we went to Frozen with a wait time listed as 40 minutes. That wait was spot on. Also there’s a spot in front of Anna and Elsa’s meet and greet, where the characters take turns coming out to talk and pose for pictures. You don’t actually get next to them, but there’s a spot designated to get a picture with the character behind you.

By this point it was 7, and my group was done. We got a couple of snacks and sat at a table in America. Once we finished, we went back to the Skyliner around 7:45. There was a line and it took about 25 minutes to get on.

This felt like the busiest park we visited so far, especially in World Showcase. There were lots of people all over the place. It was also the first sunny day of our trip. The weather was much nicer. So that may have made a difference. Regardless of crowds, the wait times weren’t bad at all...at least for the rides we rode.

As far as Covid issues, I noticed it was hard for some to follow social distancing at the aquarium. It wasn’t a big deal to us, but it might be for some. Also, we were in the back of the boat on the Frozen ride. I thought the plexiglass obscured the view a bit. That’s the only ride in all 4 parks, where the plexiglass bothered me.

Epcot is my least favorite park, so I didn’t care to RD or ride all the rides. There’s lots of construction going on in future world, therefore we had to follow the detour signs to get where we were going. We mainly wanted to go to the Flower and Garden festival for the snacks. And we had no trouble with lines or getting the snacks we wanted. We did get some of the gift card bracelets which made it convenient for the kids to keep up with their own cards. There were plenty available.

A752F4F2-1F50-43BF-A462-004B2F47031C.jpeg

Overall it was a good day. It was a perfect day to sleep in or lounge around the resort, if you don’t feel the need to do everything at Epcot. For our group, it was also perfect us to go back to the resort early and chill.

We spent our 5th park day at Hollywood Studios on Wednesday, March 24. The hours were 9-8. We were staying at Pop.

This was our 2nd day at HS and we didn’t really care about RD this time. We did try for a boarding group at 7:00 and got #4. So we knew we would need to be there close to park opening.

We got to the Skyliner a little after 8:00. There was no line at the Pop station. But once we got to the CBR station there was a long line to transfer to Hollywood. It took us about 20 minutes.

There was no line for temperature check or security. We were inside the park by 8:40 and headed to RnR. We were on the ride at 8:48.

We didn’t really want to get in a long line, so we went to Alien Saucers with a 5 minute wait. Our boarding group was called, so went over to ROTR to wait for the rest of our group. We saw Chewy and Rey again on our walk through Galaxy’s Edge.

We were off the ride by 10:00. Then we went to TOT with a listed wait of 70 minutes. But it took almost 2 hours. One of the elevators went down. Then we got on MMRR with a 45 wait listed. This was pretty accurate.

For lunch, we had ADRs for Sci Fi for 2 groups. They were 5 minutes apart. We checked online 20 minutes early and asked if we could be seated close by. They were able to seat us in 2 cars side by side. So it worked out perfectly!

After lunch, we went back to the hotel. So from 8:40-3:00 we rode:
RnR
Alien Saucers
ROTR
TOT
MMRR

It was a bright and sunny day. The crowds seemed similar to our first day at HS...maybe a tad bit more busy. But completely manageable. It was definitely hotter especially in the MMRR line. Most of the line is in the direct sun.

We had no issues with masks or personal space. I did witness a CM tell 2 teens to pull up their masks, as they were sitting off to the side. They were stationary, but were not eating or drinking. And we did have a very minor incident at a snack stand. My daughter was getting a drink early that morning. She went through the exit instead of the entrance, not realizing it. The cashier sorta got onto her, telling her next time to use the entrance. It was a simple mistake and she was the ONLY person in line. So we kind of found it amusing, especially since it’s been a constant problem to find the entrances all week long.

F5846B67-C862-4E6C-8779-48DDB82911D5.jpeg

Since this was our 2nd day, we weren’t trying to ride or do everything. We took a much slower approach. Once we got back to the hotel, nobody wanted to return for the evening. Everyone just wanted to hang out or swim. But it was a good day, nonetheless.

Daughter & I had a girls trip 3/21 & 3/24. It was busier than when Hubby & I went in January, but those days were not sold out and these were. For both trips most people were very good at wearing their masks. Of course there are people who are going to try to sneak their nose out, but the vast majority are observant of those rules. What does seem to have changed since January however, is the following the rules on the physical distancing. In January people were more observant of the "Please Stop Here" lines while standing in lines. This time most people completely ignored those.

Sunday 3/21 we got to Contemporary at 9:20 am, left our bags with Bell Services and headed over to Epcot. The Flower & Garden festival was wonderful! We enjoyed everything about it. The crowds were not bad at any location. We did everything we wanted to do, but we did not want to do Test Track or Frozen so I can't tell you what their wait times were like. We loved the B&B Sing Along. It did my heart good! The festival food was wonderful, as were the topiaries and flowers. We had a great time on the scavenger hunt! It was overcast and rather cold however. Our room was ready before lunch, but we didn't go back until after dark. Bell Services brought our bags up promptly. A really great first day.

Monday 3/22: We had poor cell service in our room and did not get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. Got to DHS by 8:15 and headed to Tower but it was not running. Did RnR, MMRR, MF by 9:30. Got to be the pilots! It was a rainy and cool day. By now the other high wait rides had long waits. We did a little shopping, got something to eat and watched Vacation fun, and sat and watched calvacades until time to try for a boarding group - which we were successful at getting! Then we left the park, rode the Skyliner just for fun and went back to the room to rest and dry out. Came back tonight rode RoR, Toy Story Mania, and Slinky Dog right at closing. Great day!

Tuesday 3/23: Walked over to MK at rope drop (7:15). Walked on Peter Pan, then to BTMRR which was not running (neither was Splash). By 8:30 we had ridden both BTMRR and Splash. Waited about 25 minutes for Haunted Mansion. Don't let the looks of this line fool you. It looks really long. But it moves really fast. Then over to Little Mermaid and then Carousel of Progress. We watched a few calvacades and by now the crowds and lines were really long. We left and had lunch at Old Key West. The Southern Most Chicken is wonderful! Back to the room for a little while - today is rather hot. By 5 back at MK. Waited about 35mins for JC. Then to Pirates - this was our longest wait the entire trip. A full 45mins - and it was a miserable, hot 45 mins. That line does not allow for air flow the way they have it set up. Space Mountain was down to 20 mins! We hoofed it over (so did everyone else) and waited about 25 mins, then the park was closing. Good day!

Wednesday 3/24: We thought this would be our AK day, but ended up with a DHS park pass. So we got up and got another RoR boarding group. Again went to ToT and it was not running. However, since that was the only 'must do' we had not done in this park, we just waited it out. While ToT did not open as early as RnR, it was open long before the park opened. We were finished riding it 20 minutes before park opening. Then we rode MMRR and TSM again. By then it was time for our RoR group. We went back to the resort, rested and waited until we could hop to AK, which we did at 2 (left Contemporary at 2). The wait on FOP was 90+ mins for most of our trip. Our plan was to wait it out until near the end of the day. We walked some trails, walked on Everest, greatly enjoyed the animation experience, walked on the safari around 5:30, had a 5 min wait at nomad lounge. Then with 40 minutes left until park closing we got in line. The stated time was 60 minutes but we were on the ride in 20 minutes.

We did everything we listed as a 'must do' on this trip - including all the snacks. My biggest suggestion is get to the parks at rope drop, have an attack plan for the high wait rides, avoid them during the middle of the day, then they will be available again at the end of the day. Hope this helps!

Friday, March 26th Epcot and Magic Kingdom

We flew in this morning from Philly. Rental car directly to Epcot and arrived around noon. It was HOT and more crowded than I was expecting. We were hungry so hit up a few outdoor kitchens. Lines were not too bad, not hard to find a table to eat. Shade was at a premium. Line to get in to Mexico was about 10 minutes and another 5 to get onto the ride. Went all the way around World Showcase eating/drinking and just enjoying being back in Disney (last trip was Christmas 2019). Our Bay Lake Tower studio was ready around 3:30, so we headed back toward the front, rode Spaceship Earth and found our Leave a Legacy photo.

After showering and resting a bit, we walked over to MK for dinner at Tony's. Then we blitzed rides in MK. It was not that crowded and in 2 hour we were able to ride: Haunted Mansion (walk on), Peter Pan (15 min), Barnstormer (walk on), Space Mountain (15 min), Big Thunder (15 min) and then Mine Train TWICE (5 then 10 min).

Mask compliance was overall very good. Social distancing was a crap shoot. We are all vaccinated, but I'm not sure I would have stood in some of these lines if I were not. You can definitely stay away from people at the crowd level today, but you might have to sacrifice some rides.

We are EXHAUSTED - but now are not so worried about making rope drop at MK tomorrow morning since we got most of the E-ticket rides done. We will ride Buzz a few times tomorrow, Pooh, Tiki Room maybe Pirates if its not too long then eat at Skipper Canteen and go check into Boardwalk.

Last edited:
Here now - our last day is tomorrow. I found this thread helpful when planning so I wanted to add a few things:

We had a blast! The lines were great - all moved much faster than posted waits. The waits aren’t bad because you at least keep moving. We were able to get RotR both days (11 and 36). What a great ride! We loved MMRR too. We rode everything we wanted and ate way more than we should have. I loved the mobile order and table situation. It was so easy to find seating everywhere. I also loved no bag check, finger print.

the crowds aren’t bad. I would say similar to our previous trip in May. It doesn’t feel like capacity is limited but obviously it is.

we were able to park hop every day despite sold out crowds.

the bus situation is not bad, but we did have to wait for a third bus one night. We ended up driving to the parks on the last night which we had never done before.

epcot is not staffed with employees from those countries.Future world is a construction mess. Food and wine booths were great!

I didn’t take many pics because of the masks. I got a few, but not nearly as many as previous trips.

character meals are very weird. We did Hollywood and vine. The characters would stand 6 feet behind you and for a picture. It was so sad to see the little ones try to run up and hug them, only to be stopped by thcharacter’s handler. One little girl cried.

I don’t think we will be back until they lift some of the covid restrictions. It has been so hot and the masks are so annoying in the heat. Mid day breaks have been a must for us. I miss the fireworks and parade. The little cavalcades are cute, but not the same. I also didn’t take into account just how out of travel mode we are. It’s our first trip since feb 2020 and we all were extra tired this trip from all the walking.

Here now - our last day is tomorrow. I found this thread helpful when planning so I wanted to add a few things:

We had a blast! The lines were great - all moved much faster than posted waits. The waits aren’t bad because you at least keep moving. We were able to get RotR both days (11 and 36). What a great ride! We loved MMRR too. We rode everything we wanted and ate way more than we should have. I loved the mobile order and table situation. It was so easy to find seating everywhere. I also loved no bag check, finger print.

the crowds aren’t bad. I would say similar to our previous trip in May. It doesn’t feel like capacity is limited but obviously it is.

we were able to park hop every day despite sold out crowds.

the bus situation is not bad, but we did have to wait for a third bus one night. We ended up driving to the parks on the last night which we had never done before.

epcot is not staffed with employees from those countries.Future world is a construction mess. Food and wine booths were great!

I didn’t take many pics because of the masks. I got a few, but not nearly as many as previous trips.

character meals are very weird. We did Hollywood and vine. The characters would stand 6 feet behind you and for a picture. It was so sad to see the little ones try to run up and hug them, only to be stopped by thcharacter’s handler. One little girl cried.

I don’t think we will be back until they lift some of the covid restrictions. It has been so hot and the masks are so annoying in the heat. Mid day breaks have been a must for us. I miss the fireworks and parade. The little cavalcades are cute, but not the same. I also didn’t take into account just how out of travel mode we are. It’s our first trip since feb 2020 and we all were extra tired this trip from all the walking.

The walking is definitely more due to the snaking of all the queues. We just go for a few hours at a time and we’ve been averaging about 5 miles in that short time.

Can those who have been in the MK during the approx 45 mins from when the gates normally open until the official opening time, please share any attractions that were open at that time?
Winnie the Pooh did not open early on the morning we were there the first week of March.

Can someone who has been recently comment on taking stainless steel water bottles through security.
I have been to WDW on four separate trips. I have had a stainless steel water bottle in my backpack for all the parks and never got stopped at bag check. I walked right through the scanner every time. :) I never had to take the bottle out of the bag for the scanner.

A few quick thoughts on our 3/17-3/24 trip. It was my first trip in 20+ years and my daughter’s first trip ever.

Reading this thread was very helpful for figuring out a top drop strategy. I am so grateful it is still going!

Several people talk about how unmanageable the crowds are or the unrealistic waits. I disagree. We waited more than 30 minutes only one time, and that was because we caught a cleaning cycle. After all the reports I read about 2-3 hour standby lines pre-COVID, we couldn’t have been happier with our experience. We rode every ride we wanted to ride, took afternoon breaks, and rode several rides more than once.

Around 11:00 every day, you could really see the crowds tick up. The afternoon breaks really helped with this and we almost always avoided the busiest time of the day. The only exception was our day at HS and our BG meant we needed to stay in the park through that time. Still not bad though.

We didn’t have any issues with buses to and from AKL. First bus was consistently 75 minutes before park opening. (I mean consistent MK @ 6:43, AK @ 6:53, HS @ 7:47. We did Topolino’s for Epcot day and took Skyliner.) We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus home.

We loved mobile order and Sanaa to go. It was great being able to relax in our room while we ate.

Mask compliance was good overall. We watched a teenager completely flaunt the rules all through the Slinky Dog line one day while both of his parents just shrugged and watched it happen. I was as annoyed by the poor parenting/example setting as I was by the actual violation of policy.

Obviously this isn’t a super detailed report, but I'm happy to answer questions if anyone has them. I wish we could get another trip in before they change the experience significantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter