Lurker here - this thread was a huge help in me planning my trip from 2/21 to 2/25, so as a thank-you I figured I'd take some time to share my experience as well!

Some background info: 5 day solo trip with 5 park days, and this was my first time at WDW in almost 14 years (I was in elementary school back then!) So with all the new additions, it was pretty much like visiting for the first time again. Stayed at Pop and park days were EP, HS, AK, MK, EP. I received my second vaccine dose at the beginning of the month - full disclosure, I wouldn't have done this trip had that not been the case. Also double-masked about 80% of the time just in case.

The good:
- My #1 goal for this trip was to experience as many attractions as possible, and in that regard it DELIVERED. Even with the shortened park hours, I could count on one hand the attractions I missed out on that I didn't purposely skip! Waits were consistently 25-50% less than what was listed on MDE. My longest wait of the weekend by far was ToT at 70 minutes (which was also my only wait that matched MDE's estimation), and after that was 7DMT at 45 (posted 60). Everything else was 40 minutes or less - including all the headliners at every park.
- In regards to the above, rope drop was essential to make that happen - so glad I learned about this because it is SO worth it! I didn't use any fancy Uber tricks, just showed up to the bus stop/Skyliner 90 minutes before official opening each day, and the only park I wasn't held at the gates within the first few guests for was EP on Thursday (which was fine, as I had already done most of the attractions on Sunday. Soarin' was the only big one I'd missed, which was still an easy walk-on). One of my favorite moments of the whole week was being the first person on PoTC while everyone went to wait in line for the mountains - no one in front of me, a whole boat to myself, and the next boat far behind me... felt like I had the whole ride to myself. Such a cool experience.
- Pairing rope drop with a mid-day resort break was also a fantastic idea - the only park I didn't do this for was MK (so much to do!) Was really nice to escape the crowds for an hour or two, switch to fresh masks, and take a load off of my aching feet for a bit. The Skyliner was especially convenient for this - LOVED IT! Having my own private cabin each time was just icing on the cake.
- Mobile ordering was super easy, and never had to wait more than a minute or two after arriving at the restaurant. The earliest I ordered before a meal was only about an hour, too, so I didn't feel like it was particularly complicated. (I ate almost entirely QS for my trip, with the exception of one ADR at Skipper Canteen. That was a relatively quick in-and-out as I quickly realized I'm not quite ready for indoor dining yet and I still had things to do before closing. Meal was definitely the best I had all week, though!)
- People were really great about sticking to their 6ft markers in the queues. There were only a handful of times where someone was getting a bit too close for comfort, and each time it only took a glance or two behind me for them to realize what I was trying to convey to them. Some apologized, some didn't, but I never had to vocally ask someone to give me space.
- Mask compliance I saw was about 95%, with most of the offenders being noses peeking out. I didn't see too many "chinstrappers" throughout the weekend (although one of them was on CoP with me, ugh.) However...

The bad:
- I didn't see as many CMs correcting guests for incorrect mask usage as I expected to. For example, I had groups in front of me for the Skyliner multiple times who weren't covering their noses, and despite being directly in front of a CM, none of them said a word. Was a bit disappointing, but I can also sympathize with the crappy position they're being put in right now.
- Yup, it's crowded. Or at least feels it. I was one of many here who was lulled into a false sense of security after the low crowds in Jan/early Feb and figured that the week between the "big trifecta" and the start of Spring Break season would be one last sweet spot. Yeah, nope. As I mentioned above, distancing in lines was overall great, but walkways and ride exits were much more of a crapshoot. (This was another great benefit of rope dropping - having a couple hours with ample space to move around and take in the parks without getting caught up in crowds.)
- The shorter hours are definitely a bummer - I read all this talk about EMHs going into the wee hours of the morning and I hate knowing that I missed out on something like that! The earlier closing times were probably better for me at the end of the day because it stopped me from running myself totally ragged, but I wished I could've taken some longer mid-day breaks, seen more of the parks at night, and got to experience even more attractions than I had already. (This is also why I ultimately didn't spend the extra dough on a park hopper ticket, and I think that was the right decision.)
- By FAR the most uncomfortable I felt during my whole trip was waiting for my return flight at MCO. More chinstrappers than I had ever seen in the parks, including one right in front of me in the TSA line, and plenty lounging around - including an actual airport worker. Those 3 hours in there felt like an eternity.

Phew, that was a novel, sorry! Do I regret going? Not at all. Would I go again during pandemic times? Probably not solo, but if someone else wanted to come along... perhaps.

I've been dying to go back to WDW for years, I'm vaccinated and I had the vacation time I needed to use up by the end of March. And flying solo, being able to eat whatever I wanted and ride whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted, was SO much fun. This was my first adult Disney trip, but it certainly won't be the last.

We were in YC room 3030. Right near a stairwell that comes out on the side of the building, very close to the bridge to BW and Swan/Dolphin. Once over the bridge you can get on the DHS walking path. The BW would be even closer as you can pick up the path directly next to the BW resort grounds (I could see the BW pool from the path).
Did you go through a part of BW or around it? When you walked toward DHS were you on the right side or left side of the water? About how long did it take to walk there? Thanks so much!

I've seen this reported elsewhere as well. It's always at the guards discretion. However, I like the report where the guard required the guest to click the here now button for the mobile order so they had to do what they said they were there for.
Just back from a Feb 21 - 28th trip. Saw people turned away from Contemporary twice with mobile orders and from Grand Floridian once. In all 3 cases we had an ADR for a sit down restaurant at those resorts. They took our name and confirmed we were on the list at that time before letting us in to park. I also witnessed a rideshare turned away at the contemporary - they were instructed to make a U type turn and exit. The passengers then disembarked at the stop sign on the way out - so that worked for them and they scrambled towards Magic Kingdom in a hurry. Finally, we witnessed a car turned away at Riviera - mobile order. We had an ADR for Topolinos right behind them and after taking our name and seeing it on the list we were allowed entry. We had planned to mobile order Riviera ourselves the following morning but nixed it after witnessing what happened. If you want to mobile order and not waste time being disappointed if turned away, you should likely not plan on rideshare or taking your car - only rely on Disney transportation or your feet to get you there. While I'm sure it does depend on the guard, we seemed to only encounter very strict ones last week. One final note - these occasions were at "prime time" for rope dropping at Contemporary and Grand Floridian - 7:30am. Riviera was early evening, which I thought was strange, since I couldn't see an advantage to someone wanting to mobile order and then possibly head into a park at that time - but they definitely were not allowed in to pick up quick serve.

I understand. We are considering a trip in spring because my high risk husband got his first vaccine and will be 3+ weeks out after his second. We have barely done anything for a year other than send our child to school. He does work onsite at his job, but he is usually alone in his office and they are very strict with protocols. We need to do something after this year, and his vaccine status gives us the chance. However, we may just do a resort stay and only 1 park day at Epcot.

I switched my trip to a resort stay and 1 park day at Epcot as well! I would say I’m okay with being out in public and don’t get uncomfortable often, but nothing I’ve done at home is really equivalent to multiple days spent in a theme park. I’m ready to be back at Disney though in some capacity.

We have been to HS and MK so far, from open to close both days, and we haven't seen a cavalcade yet. We did see Kylo Ren and a couple storm troopers in Galaxy's Edge and Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland.
Try eating a lunch or snack at Tony's in MK early afternoon. That's when the ride longs are longest and it's a good time for a break anyway. Ask for a table outside. You should be able to see all the Cavalcades, hear the Dapper Dans perform and likely see Disney princesses or characters interact with guest while standing on the train platform. All while eating and giving your feet a break. I read this tip on a blog and it really enhanced our MK day!

By the time we left on Sunday, mask compliance had gotten substantially worse and so did the number of unaware people. I got walked into, elbowed, smacked with backpacks etc just as much as I did on any other trip. There were many people in line who would hop on their phones and proceed to walk right up the back of you the entire time in line, because there’s no cast members in the queue. Lots of mask removing and eating going on as well.

In Gaston’s in the room off to the left there was a pair of women who had clearly been at a table a significant amount of time. masks off, chattering away at anyone else who came in the room and sat down. So that new mask rule doesn’t seem to be affecting anyone at all.

overall, now that I’m home - we won’t be back until restrictions are eased and more things are open, and if that trip sucks then we will probably tap out for life. I don’t enjoy it enough to deal with all the BS.

By the time we left on Sunday, mask compliance had gotten substantially worse and so did the number of unaware people. I got walked into, elbowed, smacked with backpacks etc just as much as I did on any other trip. There were many people in line who would hop on their phones and proceed to walk right up the back of you the entire time in line, because there’s no cast members in the queue. Lots of mask removing and eating going on as well.

In Gaston’s in the room off to the left there was a pair of women who had clearly been at a table a significant amount of time. masks off, chattering away at anyone else who came in the room and sat down. So that new mask rule doesn’t seem to be affecting anyone at all.

overall, now that I’m home - we won’t be back until restrictions are eased and more things are open, and if that trip sucks then we will probably tap out for life. I don’t enjoy it enough to deal with all the BS.
Just so frustrated when reading reports like this.....:guilty::guilty:
Why do people choose to be selfish? Pulling down masks when you are not supposed to is like littering and spitting. Kids cann't get vaccinated yet and they do get sick from COVID. If everyone cooperates and follows with the mask-wearing mandate, things can get back to normal a lot sooner! I used to get the comment like "If you don't feel comfortable in the crowd of maskless people, STAY AT HOME." Disney clearly has stricken the mask rule. So it would be my turn of saying "if you don't want to wear a mask at Disney, YOU NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM DISNEY so those who can follow the rule can enjoy their vacation."

Saw people turned away from Contemporary twice with mobile orders and from Grand Floridian once....Finally, we witnessed a car turned away at Riviera - mobile order.

All due respect, how do you know they're getting turned away for mobile orders, are you asking the guard when you pull up after they turn around?

All due respect, how do you know they're getting turned away for mobile orders, are you asking the guard when you pull up after they turn around?
On two occasions we could hear the dialogue - we had our window down in preparation to talk to the guard ourselves and it was easy to catch enough of the conversation to ascertain the "problem" as they openly showed their phone (in 1 case) and got louder in 2 other cases - they weren't happy about being turned away. In the case of the Riviera we asked the guard because we wanted to mobile order ourselves the next day. He said it isn't allowed - you must have an ADR - and he said he just turned the car away in front of us (which we suspected due to what we had already seen at the Contemporary, after watching the car in front of us at the Riviera be turned away). Again, as everyone keeps saying, YMMV - but the confirmed cases we saw at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Riviera were enough for us to not chance it - we didn't have that kind of time to "punt" if turned away. We chose to do what we KNEW would work to be allowed in - have an ADR.

Sitting at the wave restaurant right now. Took a Lyft ride. The guard at the contemporary gate asked my name to confirm my reservation.

Now to eat some pancakes and try to be early to the MK
We had the exact same experience with entry (except we had our own car) and enjoyed the Wave platter on two separate occasions while there - great food!

On two occasions we could hear the dialogue - we had our window down in preparation to talk to the guard ourselves and it was easy to catch enough of the conversation to ascertain the "problem" as they openly showed their phone (in 1 case) and got louder in 2 other cases - they weren't happy about being turned away. In the case of the Riviera we asked the guard because we wanted to mobile order ourselves the next day. He said it isn't allowed - you must have an ADR - and he said he just turned the car away in front of us (which we suspected due to what we had already seen at the Contemporary, after watching the car in front of us at the Riviera be turned away). Again, as everyone keeps saying, YMMV - but the confirmed cases we saw at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Riviera were enough for us to not chance it - we didn't have that kind of time to "punt" if turned away. We chose to do what we KNEW would work to be allowed in - have an ADR.
Thank you for clarifying as I was wondering how you knew for sure too. It's good to have first hand experiences so that people can make a decision for themselves. Sounds like making a mobile order and gaining access to a resort is currently not an option at most resorts.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Thank you for clarifying as I was wondering how you knew for sure too. It's good to have first hand experiences so that people can make a decision for themselves. Sounds like making a mobile order and gaining access to a resort is currently not an option at most resorts.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
We have done this several times, at the gate we were told to click the button the we were here. We are DVC and I always have my Blue Card out so I'm not sure if this is why we haven't been turned away

Try eating a lunch or snack at Tony's in MK early afternoon. That's when the ride longs are longest and it's a good time for a break anyway. Ask for a table outside. You should be able to see all the Cavalcades, hear the Dapper Dans perform and likely see Disney princesses or characters interact with guest while standing on the train platform. All while eating and giving your feet a break. I read this tip on a blog and it really enhanced our MK day!
Good point. I have 2 times reserved for Tony's on our MK day, one at 1 and one at 4. I think I will keep the lunch time one for a break and drop the 4 pm one.

Again, as everyone keeps saying, YMMV - but the confirmed cases we saw at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Riviera were enough for us to not chance it - we didn't have that kind of time to "punt" if turned away. We chose to do what we KNEW would work to be allowed in - have an ADR.

Hoping to eat at Geyser Point (WL) during our stay, so are you recommending we take a bus to MK then boat/bus to WL instead of trying to drive there? Has anyone encountered strict guards at Wilderness Lodge?

Yes, thanks for your reply! We now have a 7:50 reservation at the Wave our MK morning, which is the earliest I could get. If we can get there early enough to get seated early, we might eat really fast. If not, we might just not show up and eat the $20 cancellation fee. We shall see. I had to not show up, but I feel like they don't give any other options at this point to make sure we're there at opening! On my most recent trip in October, they let us mobile order and pick up, and I enjoyed my breakfast sandwich on our walk!

Also, our weekend (next week!!) is looking a little cool and rainy. (70% chance on Saturday, our HS day and a high of 75) I'm stoked about the cool weather, but have only been to Florida when it's hotter. (July and late October) What do I need to plan clothing wise, coming from Arizona (so similar to our temps, but how humid is it?) Will a light jacket probably suffice, or does it -feel- colder in Florida at the same temperatures as AZ? Does anyone know? Trying to figure out shorts/pants and what kind of jacket to lug around. We have ponchos and umbrellas.

ugh that’s disappointing to hear about mask compliance at the dolphin. We are booked there for May. I’m with you on seeing other people break the rules. It’s frustrating. If I’m able to keep my space it doesn’t do anything but annoy me. And make me wonder what is so hard about keeping a mask on. If I can’t get away, like being stuck on a bus and a family sitting across from us takes off their mask😡 then I get mad.
We were at the Dolphin on Sunday, Feb. 21 - Sunday, Feb. 28 and during the week it was a ghost town. You could social distance easily as there were only a few people at the bar or at tables in the lobby in the evening - almost no one during the day. Also, not as many restaurants open during the week. However, there was a BIG change starting Friday, Feb. 26th. The place filled up - literally. There was almost no place to park and required going around and around or parking very far away. Lines in the lobby. Almost all tables filled. The bar was packed. Most people eating and drinking freely throughout lobby and rarely wearing masks at all until they left that area. Lines for elevators and social distancing was not really happening. It was a complete change from the wonderful quiet week we had just enjoyed. All restaurants open and lines of people, pretty much on top of each other. Based on our experience, I'd avoid the Dolphin on the weekends for now if you are concerned about Covid protocols.

Hoping to eat at Geyser Point (WL) during our stay, so are you recommending we take a bus to MK then boat/bus to WL instead of trying to drive there? Has anyone encountered strict guards at Wilderness Lodge?
We did not try to go to WL so I can't answer that. If you do drive and if the guards are strict there too, be prepared with a back-up plan just in case (you could then drive to TTC and take the boat from MK to WL - and maybe others with more WL experience can chime in with better ideas as well).

Yes, thanks for your reply! We now have a 7:50 reservation at the Wave our MK morning, which is the earliest I could get. If we can get there early enough to get seated early, we might eat really fast. If not, we might just not show up and eat the $20 cancellation fee. We shall see. I had to not show up, but I feel like they don't give any other options at this point to make sure we're there at opening! On my most recent trip in October, they let us mobile order and pick up, and I enjoyed my breakfast sandwich on our walk!

Also, our weekend (next week!!) is looking a little cool and rainy. (70% chance on Saturday, our HS day and a high of 75) I'm stoked about the cool weather, but have only been to Florida when it's hotter. (July and late October) What do I need to plan clothing wise, coming from Arizona (so similar to our temps, but how humid is it?) Will a light jacket probably suffice, or does it -feel- colder in Florida at the same temperatures as AZ? Does anyone know? Trying to figure out shorts/pants and what kind of jacket to lug around. We have ponchos and umbrellas.
You can try going to the Wave earlier and you might get seated ahead of time. One morning our ADR was for 7:40am. We arrived at 7:20 and were seated along with the 7:30am check-in people. They were not full (it was during the week so if you go on a weekend that will likely not be the case). We had picked out what we wanted to order ahead of time. We told our server we needed to be out asap and gave them our whole order upon first approach. I also gave them our credit card when the food arrived (in less than 10 minutes!) and asked them to run it so we could leave as soon as we finished eating. We were out by 8am! Also, keep checking the Disney website to modify your time - we scored a 7:30am on another occasion (from an 8:10) the night before about 11pm! People cancel the day or evening before when they decide they are too tired to get up early, etc. As for weather - imo it always feels cooler on Florida evenings than the temperature would indicate. We had a few nights in the low 70s that we were happy we had sweaters/jackets as there was quite a cool breeze. You may also want a very small umbrella in your backpack not only for rain, but for sun during long waits in queues - many queues are outdoors and long - that's where sunburn got us until we started using the umbrella for shade.

I have an 8:20 ADR at The Wave and plan to be there about early by 7:30- 7:45- do you think we will be able to order and get to MK by rope drop/park opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter