• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just an observation here.... .
I appreciate those that are trying to share their experiences and give opinions etc of the parks and days.
But seriously.... why are you taking so much time to give such extreme details on the day? :mic: Such as actual times for each and every ride, etc. ..... Just enjoy your day!!!! :sunny::earboy2: Don't worry about all these details.... we get it....
Seriously.... a quick... "hey guys... not busy and wait times under 15 min"!
Then enjoy yourself without thinking about us.
Also, while some may appreciate all the details, I find it I look at a post and it goes into too many details I tend to skim right by those and look for the 'what worked' and 'what wasn't the best' areas. While minute by minute details can be helpful, they really don't reflect what may happen the day before or the day after. Disney's crowds are very fluid so tips about what worked at rope drop and closing can be very helpful, the middle stuff changes each day.

Just an observation here.... .
I appreciate those that are trying to share their experiences and give opinions etc of the parks and days.
But seriously.... why are you taking so much time to give such extreme details on the day? :mic: Such as actual times for each and every ride, etc. ..... Just enjoy your day!!!! :sunny::earboy2: Don't worry about all these details.... we get it....
Seriously.... a quick... "hey guys... not busy and wait times under 15 min"!
Then enjoy yourself without thinking about us.

I have to imagine that some folks just really enjoy providing such detailed feedback. In my work I am the same way, on vacation at WDW however, I don't even bother to check these boards once I've left the house on my trip. LOL!!!

I just wanted to update on masks since we have experienced a few more days. After our first day at HS, mask compliance has been MUCH better. I haven’t really seen any issues at all (MK, Epcot, and another day at HS).

Well....except for me. 🤭
I somehow managed to make it all the way from the Diamond Horseshoe to the line at Haunted Mansion without a mask before the CM said something. 😳 I just plain forgot to put it on after dinner! Thankfully the CM was on the ball and said something. So embarrassing!

DHS day

Boarding Group 6 - again I think it comes down to the phone. My wife got in and I think that’s the key.

One thing I wanted to say about today was the legit garbage that is Docking Bay 7. I have 5 to feed if I count myself and the food that was provided was offensive. My kids aren’t even big eaters but it was insane how small the macaroni and cheese that was under the crispy chicken was. I ordered the pot roast and it had barely any potatoes. I never complain about anything usually but that was ridiculous. It’s a total skip.

That is very surprising. Their portion sizes are usually big enough for 2 of us to share. I would have definitely said something and probably tweeted it since that is what they seem to respond to now.

I hear what some of you are saying. It seemed like the detailed posts were being appreciated/liked by other scheduling-nerds like myself. But, totally get how it's not for everyone. I keep track of these things for me and future planning (which has served me well over the years), and figured I'd just share for those who would appreciate it.

Can anyone tell me how they felt in MCO in general - are they distancing in the train thingy?

We were there at the end of October and there was a LOT less people in the airport than we've ever seen. On our trip back out for our return flight we were the only people in our car, granted it was a Sunday afternoon at 4:30PM. When we arrived there were more people but it wasn't hard to distance and you're only on there with them for a minute or two. Plus everyone was wearing masks. It didn't bother us. Also, the line to get through security on a Sunday afternoon was the shortest I've ever seen. We were through in under 15 minutes from the time we entered the line to the time we were at our gate.

Also, while some may appreciate all the details, I find it I look at a post and it goes into too many details I tend to skim right by those and look for the 'what worked' and 'what wasn't the best' areas. While minute by minute details can be helpful, they really don't reflect what may happen the day before or the day after. Disney's crowds are very fluid so tips about what worked at rope drop and closing can be very helpful, the middle stuff changes each day.

The long, detailed posts that I really have to skip over are the ones with no paragraph or line breaks.

Can anyone tell me how they felt in MCO in general - are they distancing in the train thingy?

When I went last month, there were not enough people to come even close to filling those. There were 2 other people besides me on the train. Not in my car, but the whole train. I had the car to myself. TSA was a breeze and I had the line to myself.

Not when we were there 2 weeks ago for arrival, pretty much everyone jumped in. We opted to wait the 4 minutes for the next train which was far less crowded.

Departing wasn't an issue at all since people are not arriving all at once, was pretty spaced out.

Edited to add: My United flight was 100% full, so a lot of people, and it looked like a flight from another gate area arrived at the same time (a Thursday evening about 8 p.m.)

I just wanted to update on masks since we have experienced a few more days. After our first day at HS, mask compliance has been MUCH better. I haven’t really seen any issues at all (MK, Epcot, and another day at HS).

Well....except for me. 🤭
I somehow managed to make it all the way from the Diamond Horseshoe to the line at Haunted Mansion without a mask before the CM said something. 😳 I just plain forgot to put it on after dinner! Thankfully the CM was on the ball and said something. So embarrassing!
If it makes you feel better, I forgot to put my mask on after eating at Rose and Crown. I got all the way to the bathrooms across the pathway and realized it. I was mortified and apologized to random ladies in the bathroom. Lol.

Well....except for me. 🤭
I had a similar situation the last time we were there. I had to dash out from our room at the BWV down to the Screen Door store before they closed. I got down to the store and was looking for what I needed and realized that I had forgotten to put my mask on!!!! I didn't even have it with me in my pocket, so I pulled my shirt up over my face, got what I needed and hustled back to the room! :oops:

I hear what some of you are saying. It seemed like the detailed posts were being appreciated/liked by other scheduling-nerds like myself. But, totally get how it's not for everyone. I keep track of these things for me and future planning (which has served me well over the years), and figured I'd just share for those who would appreciate it.
They are much appreciated, so thank you. People can always skip a post they don't want to read.

I can never come up with good come-backs right on the spot! I'm gonna have to try to have a few pre-planned so I can have them ready if needed. LOL!!! :)

My problem is that I need to hold myself back. I used to take people's crap treatment of me and it made me miserable. Now I stand up for myself. What's funny is that people who defend themselves are the ones that are called rude while the original jerk gets off for their behavior. But I sleep much better for having stood up for myself then I ever did allowing myself to be talked to like that.

I had the same experience as others in October. MCO was as deserted as I’ve ever seen it (excluding a time we had a delayed flight arrive at 4am). No difficulty for us in October distancing on the airport train at MCO. The train at my home airport (DEN) is another story. People pack themselves onto that thing in a “fill In all the available space” kind of way. Covid hasn’t changed this, unfortunately, and the train ride is longer than it is at MCO because it goes to all three concourses. There are signs and recorded announcements asking people to distance, but it doesn’t happen. I felt much better about MCO than DEN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter