Are all the park Starbucks locations open? We're big coffee drinkers, and I haven't seen anyone posting about Starbucks. :-)

One more question-- is the build your own lightsaber station open in the Star Tours gift shop? (the plastic lightsabers)

Question to hopefully avoid having my kid seem obnoxious: How is the current loading system set up for, “Can I have my own_ (row/ clam/ honeypot, etc.)” Would it be easy for one person to have their own row on Big Thunder, for example, while the other person is in the row behind, or would this terribly slow down the line? I definitely don’t want to be *that* person, but I know that he will see the low crowds and beg me to ask the CMs. I want to be prepared with the reason for saying no ;).

All the reports on here are that for ride vehicles where distancing is impossible, it’s one group per vehicle. Also one group per pod on Smugglers Run though two single people could be placed six ft apart. The exception is for rides where plexiglass has been installed.

Any word yet on lightsaber making opening? I scheduled the 3 kids for the droids but 2 of them would really rather do the lightsabers. Also, if I get a BG for RTTR that overlaps with the droid time, will I really get charged if I cancel the droids the same day?

Seeing as Savi’s uses Equity actors and they are at a stalemate with WDW, I wouldn’t expect it to go back to lightsaber building soon. It is open but just to sell legacy sabers. If it looks like your BG will interfere with droids, just stop by and try to build early.

I am curious what people are doing with their masks when it’s raining? We have been in some tremendous downpours at WDW and I’m assuming the masks will get wet. Are people bringing extras? Are they keeping them on when it’s raining? (I hope the answer is yes but I keep reading masks should be removed when wet).

Question to hopefully avoid having my kid seem obnoxious: How is the current loading system set up for, “Can I have my own_ (row/ clam/ honeypot, etc.)” Would it be easy for one person to have their own row on Big Thunder, for example, while the other person is in the row behind, or would this terribly slow down the line? I definitely don’t want to be *that* person, but I know that he will see the low crowds and beg me to ask the CMs. I want to be prepared with the reason for saying no ;).
All he has to do is declare that he's a party of one when they ask. Yes, it will slow down the line compared to sitting together. If he goes through the line on his own, then he really will be a party of one. Depending how old he is, perhaps that's an option.

One more question-- is the build your own lightsaber station open in the Star Tours gift shop? (the plastic lightsabers)
It is open, cm are there to help build it. I didn't see the entire process
I am curious what people are doing with their masks when it’s raining? We have been in some tremendous downpours at WDW and I’m assuming the masks will get wet. Are people bringing extras? Are they keeping them on when it’s raining? (I hope the answer is yes but I keep reading masks should be removed when wet).
People keep them on, no issue. I use the blue ones and with am umbrella it's been fine

Do they require a mask while on the pool deck at the resorts if you're sitting in a lounge chair? I know this is not required at Universal resorts, so just curious how Disney is handling.

We were at the Copper Creek pool at WL yesterday and masks were not required anywhere once we were within the pool area. We were in our lounge chairs mask-free the whole time, and everyone else I saw was doing the same. The CM who was leading the poolside games made an announcement about it and specifically said that once you’re within the gates of the pool area, masks do not have to be worn, but anytime you walk outside the pool area fence, masks have to go back on.

I wore disposable ones and carried three extra to the parks in a ziplock baggie. I was in a monsoon at Epcot on Wednesday, and my umbrella kept my head dry and that’s all. But if it had become wet, I was prepared. I have reusable masks to wear in regular life, but find the disposable ones to be more comfortable in the heat.

I wore disposable ones and carried three extra to the parks in a ziplock baggie. I was in a monsoon at Epcot on Wednesday, and my umbrella kept my head dry and that’s all. But if it had become wet, I was prepared. I have reusable masks to wear in regular life, but find the disposable ones to be more comfortable in the heat.
Yep. If you don't want to carry around umbrellas, ponchos with hoods do a reasonable job of keeping your face dry too. But yeah, as a backup, we plan to bring extra masks in a ziploc--not just for rain, but in case the elastic breaks, or it falls off on a ride or something.

For the resort folks, I noticed yesterday they have taken the “show bus times” feature out of the app. It hadn’t been working since reopening, so probably a good thing for the time being.

I also noticed the board at Poly (and I’m assuming other resorts) now shows actual operating times. FWIW.

17138442-95EA-469E-A38C-54304D7721BC.jpeg

450428DE-B837-40F7-9C22-C2B2C5134B01.jpeg

Thanks for the answers on the masks. We wear ponchos and I was picturing the masks getting wet during the monsoons. My plan is to wear the reusable ones to begin with each day, and then pack extra disposable ones for each of us as we go through the day. I’m guessing they could also get sweaty.

Thanks for the answers on the masks. We wear ponchos and I was picturing the masks getting wet during the monsoons. My plan is to wear the reusable ones to begin with each day, and then pack extra disposable ones for each of us as we go through the day. I’m guessing they could also get sweaty.
Yes, earlier in July after walking around for a while I could taste the saltiness on my mask from sweating. I plan to bring a lot of different options for my next trip including disposable and reusable options and pack some laundry detergent for overnight sink washes 🤪

Yes, earlier in July after walking around for a while I could taste the saltiness on my mask from sweating. I plan to bring a lot of different options for my next trip including disposable and reusable options and pack some laundry detergent for overnight sink washes 🤪
Us too. Hoping they dry quickly overnight in the hotel!

Recommend packing clothes pins as they’ll dry faster single layered. Had never thought to travel with those until I went away with a friend. They’re now a part of our packing list for every trip!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter