I don't believe this is correct unless they have made changes. In the past, buses still ran (1 per hour) even during Skyliner hours. Unless you have heard it announced officially, this should still be the case.
I believe there was a rumor that buses weren't going to run from the skyliner resorts to DHS and Epcot, but I also believe that was debunked. I can't find anything online about it, so unless someone knows for sure, we should assume they are running hourly, as they did before the shutdown.

Can anyone comment on staying at Pop & taking the Skyliner to DHS? I know DHS literally just opened, but I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to take an uber to the park to be sure to be in before 10am, or if the Skyliner will be running much earlier than park opening. Someone on another thread said it was crazy at Riviera just before Epcot opened & it wasn't clear when they actually started operating. Thanks!

I took the skyliner yesterday around 9:30 or so, got in the park by 9:50 and was super lucky to get the first boarding group. Skyliner lines look long for the distancing but moves pretty quick.

However, this morning for epcot the skyliner line was moving pretty slow.

I took the skyliner yesterday around 9:30 or so, got in the park by 9:50 and was super lucky to get the first boarding group. Skyliner lines look long for the distancing but moves pretty quick.

However, this morning for epcot the skyliner line was moving pretty slow.
At least with Epcot, you don't have to mad dash get there for anything. It is frustrating though that they don't start these sooner to get more people through to the entrance before the park opens

With DHS being a very confined space to hold guests while social distancing, Disney is trying to slow the bottle necks before the Tapstiles, Hollywood Blvd, and at Sunset Blvd.

Where would you suggest everyone wait?

The biggest impact now to the BG / VQ situation is the vastly reduced capacity on RoTR due to social distancing.

Dave

With DHS being a very confined space to hold guests while social distancing, Disney is trying to slow the bottle necks before the Tapstiles, Hollywood Blvd, and at Sunset Blvd.

Where would you suggest everyone wait?

The biggest impact now to the BG / VQ situation is the vastly reduced capacity on RoTR due to social distancing.

Dave
There's no bottle neck going through bag check or entering.
You mean wait inside the park?

For anyone who's visited the parks since they re-opened, how are 3D glasses being handled? Is a cast member handing them to you? Is that person wearing gloves? I'm worried they may just be in a bin where everyone reaches in with their potentially unwashed hands... Thanks in advance!

I love hearing about all the experiences of this week at WDW and I am trying to keep hopeful that our family trip (moved to mid-Jan from early Dec) will really happen.

Are any of you feeling stressed/anxious, even as you are enjoying? Are you sleeping peacefully at your resort? (I haven't been since this whole thing started...)

Do you feel "safe" in the park bathrooms or are you closely passing other people?
Are you feeling "safe" with your children (toddlers, specifically)?
Are you (overly) concened when you sit on a seat (NOT talking about a toilet seat :D) previously occupied by someone else - like in COP, Carousel, bus or elsewhere?

Any advice for people thinking about their upcoming trips? Will you be returning soon or did this trip make you feel like you are done until things are more in control?

I just can't help but think that it will be stressful, especially with children to watch. At our house, only DH is going out of the house to work, so he is designated shopper and wearing mask when around the house, even, and sleeping in another room :sad1:. A son, his wife and two little children live with us and they want us to be extra careful. We have friends and relatives (even in the healthcare fields) who are coming home and showering and NOT wearing masks around their loved ones, so I know we are maybe going overboard at our house.

We all want to go back to WDW so badly but we don't want to get into arguments with each other or others about staying "clean".

I hope it's okay to ask here - please move if not.

I love hearing about all the experiences of this week at WDW and I am trying to keep hopeful that our family trip (moved to mid-Jan from early Dec) will really happen.

Are any of you feeling stressed/anxious, even as you are enjoying? Are you sleeping peacefully at your resort? (I haven't been since this whole thing started...)

Do you feel "safe" in the park bathrooms or are you closely passing other people?
Are you (overly) concened when you sit on a seat (NOT talking about a toilet seat :D) previously occupied by someone else - like in COP, Carousel, bus or elsewhere?

Any advice for people thinking about their upcoming trips? Will you be returning soon or did this trip make you feel like you are done until things are more in control?

I just can't help but think that it will be stressful, especially with children to watch. At our house, only DH is going out of the house to work, so he is designated shopper and wearing mask when around the house, even, and sleeping in another room :sad1:. A son, his wife and two little children live with us and they want us to be extra careful. We have friends and relatives (even in the healthcare fields) who are coming home and showering and NOT wearing masks around their loved ones, so I know we are maybe going overboard at our house.

We all want to go back to WDW so badly but we don't want to get into arguments with each other or others about staying "clean".

Ive done 3 out of 4 parks, epcot will be Saturday and Disney has done a great job. Mask compliance is high, of course there's the occasional person who takes it off or wears it incorrectly, the random person that gets too close.
Ultimately it's your decision. If you feel stressed just thinking about it maybe it's not the best time for you to come

For anyone who's visited the parks since they re-opened, how are 3D glasses being handled? Is a cast member handing them to you? Is that person wearing gloves? I'm worried they may just be in a bin where everyone reaches in with their potentially unwashed hands... Thanks in advance!
Same as always, in some cases they are handed out, in some you grab from the basket

This may have been asked and answered already, but do they make you wear a mask while riding RnR? At that speed, I don't see how that's even feasible. And on other rides, like Slinky Dog, you risk having it fly off your face.

This may have been asked and answered already, but do they make you wear a mask while riding RnR? At that speed, I don't see how that's even feasible. And on other rides, like Slinky Dog, you risk having it fly off your face.
You have to wear a mask at all times except when seating down to dine or swimming.

The centrifugal forces will keep your mask in place. I would make sure it fits tightly across your face and well secured with the ear loops.

So, what are some suggestions for families with older kiddos on activities to do after parks close? Disney Springs is an option, as well as a dip in the pools. What are some other options for families that are more night owls - since parks are closing so much earlier than usual and resort options are limited?

So, what are some suggestions for families with older kiddos on activities to do after parks close? Disney Springs is an option, as well as a dip in the pools. What are some other options for families that are more night owls - since parks are closing so much earlier than usual and resort options are limited?

Fantasia Gardens is open, but I don’t think Winter Summerland is.

Make a reservation at Sanaa and see the animals at Kidani.

Concerns similar to yours,the fact that we were flying down and mainly the Surge in Florida were what made us finally make the heartbreaking decision not to go(we were SO excited that a trip to Pop Century we had scheduled back in January would have begun July 11!).

We knew the odds were probably long that we would contract COVID-19 on the trip,BUT in the end we just couldn't justify taking the chance on becoming infected and then,worst of all,possibly infecting someone else by taking a voluntary,LEISURE trip!

At some point,it will become clear to you what is right for your Family(it took a long time for us).

You have the advantage of time-things in Florida could be A LOT better by January!

And even though we didn't go,we have no judgment for anyone who did or does.

Our Epcot Experience:
We took the morning off and swam, took the monorail to lunch at GF, napped and then headed into Epcot around 5:30pm.

Soarin had a 5 minute wait and then we hit World Showcase. Mask Compliance still remained really high at Epcot, but definitely more people walking while eating/drinking. However, with the wide walkways it didn’t feel unsafe.

We tried to get some caramel treats in Germany, but all they had were pre-made bagged Werther’s caramel corn. However, they said they are getting their shipment of treats tomorrow and should have most of the usual treats!

No school bread this trip, but plenty of other Food and Wine Festival options. Nitro cake pops and Pineapple Sparkling Wine were my favorites tonight.

We got in line for Frozen at 8:45 and it said there was a 40 min wait. I think it was more about 25 minutes.

The store in Japan and the tea store in England were open. We didn’t make it all the way to Mexico, so I am not sure what was open there. As we were leaving we tried to go to MouseGears but I guess they closed right at 9pm. I thought previously they stayed open later, but maybe not.

We will be going back to Epcot several more times this trip, but today was a nice quiet day at Epcot.

I felt safe because we're at low risk of complications from Covid. I would not feel safe there if we were at high risk of complications from Covid.

We were there for a week (just got back tonight), and I estimate that around 5% of park guests do not follow the mask rules. 95% is a high rate of compliance, but it isn't perfect. When you're in a 50 minute ride line, and halfway through, the family directly in front of you all takes their masks off to eat for the next 20 minutes right there in line, and there are no CMs in sight to correct the matter, you won't feel safe. I know from experience because that happened to us at HS yesterday. And there were other similar examples. Most people wear masks properly, but don't count on everyone complying & making it safe for you. That isn't the situation, unfortunately.

Can anyone comment on staying at Pop & taking the Skyliner to DHS? I know DHS literally just opened, but I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to take an uber to the park to be sure to be in before 10am, or if the Skyliner will be running much earlier than park opening. Someone on another thread said it was crazy at Riviera just before Epcot opened & it wasn't clear when they actually started operating. Thanks!
The Pop sandwich board says the skyliner to DHS opens at 9am. We walked over there at 8:50am yesterday and were on the skyliner right away, there were maybe 4 other parties in line. The CM we spoke to said the official opening is 9am but if the systems are up and running and they get the all clear to open early, they will. We were at HS and through the gates at 9:04am, there was practically no one at the CBR hub, the trip was so smooth!

The Pop sandwich board says the skyliner to DHS opens at 9am. We walked over there at 8:50am yesterday and were on the skyliner right away, there were maybe 4 other parties in line. The CM we spoke to said the official opening is 9am but if the systems are up and running and they get the all clear to open early, they will. We were at HS and through the gates at 9:04am, there was practically no one at the CBR hub, the trip was so smooth!
Awesome! How were the crowds/lines at DHS? I’ve heard conflicting things & I’ll be there tomorrow so I want to be prepared.

Awesome! How were the crowds/lines at DHS? I’ve heard conflicting things & I’ll be there tomorrow so I want to be prepared.
The morning was the most crowded for lines and walkways but between 10 and 1 we did MMRR, slinky, toy story mania, ROR and took some shade breaks. I think the wait times are definitely inflated and for the most part the lines are constantly moving. Also, with social distancing the line experience is much better than before, so the waits don’t bother us at all.

We took a break and went back to the room from 2-5 and when we got back to HS everything was basically a walk on. We did MMRR twice and waited about 25 mins each time, maybe less (and the wait times were posted at 60-80 mins). Then slinky, aliens, MFSR and had dinner and did some shopping. Just a note, they were locking the store doors at exactly 8pm so if you wait till the end of the day to shop, get in there before the official park closing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter