• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Always wanted to try Geyser Point, I think we'll check it out during our stay later this month. How does QS work at the resorts? Just like the parks, where you have to order a head of time on the app?

They asked us when we walked up if we wanted to pick up food to go or dine in. We chose the latter (I'm guessing if we'd said to go that they would have had us place a mobile order) and we were immediately seated at a table with a waitress to take our food and drink orders. The bison cheeseburger with fries was so good! We stopped in Roaring Fork afterward to grab a cupcake and a magic bar and they had us mobile order those and then pick them up about 10 seconds later when they had them ready for us. Wouldn't let us go inside to order those.

I’m taking advantage of one of my work perks by being able to “work from home” from anywhere. This week it’s in Orlando. Heavy traffic down from Atlanta today and arrived to my off property accommodations around 6:00pm, and was parked and walking toward Epcot at 7:00 pm. There weren’t any CMs at the parking booths when I arrived and I drove up to Amaze 30 and enjoyed a super short walk into the park.

There was no one else going in at all. Epcot was dreamy tonight - very sparse attendance and the late afternoon storms had cleared a lot of the humidity and the weather was very pleasant. Oh and Islands of the Caribbean booth was open!!! I was so happy. I don’t know the latest with this one but I was dying to try the flancocho and it was SO worth it. I didn’t do any rides, but my only real line to speak of was at the France booth when there were maybe 5 parties in front of me. I got a little choked up thinking about how it would be my last real Epcot after dark experience for a while because of the shift in the hours.

I did confirm with the CM at Impressions de France that once the hours change tomorrow that the BatB show will switch over to Impressions earlier in the day. I think she said around 5:00.

I hit Mousegear on my way out and it was busy-ish but I was still able to stay distant. I picked up my Figment rocks glasses and some AP pins. Lots of rainbow merch still available 30% off and Halloween stuff fairly well stocked. Several cast who saw my reusable shopping bag on the way out thanked me for shopping and coming 😂 No problem, this fool and her money are easily parted.

View attachment 524537

View attachment 524538

View attachment 524539

View attachment 524540
So we can use our reusable bags down there? We use them at home for groceries, but since the pandemic started, we were told we could no longer use them....
If so, I’ll pack some for our trip tomorrow!

Mask compliance so far is okay. I’m pleasantly surprised at how many people follow the rules when there’s no one there to enforce them.
However i forgot to mention that yesterday during our first wait for FoP there was a party of 5 behind us that kept creeping up into our space-we gave them some glares but they didn’t stop. We let them go ahead of us since we had to wait for two members of our party to join us (and so we didn’t have to deal with that)

throughout the entire queue that family was so close to the group in front of them you would’ve thought they were all together. And the one woman-probably in her 30s-wore her mask as a chin strap 90% of the time. She would take it off to view things better...the others in the party had noses peaking would take the mask off completely to take pictures and wait to put it back on.

at one point the older gentleman heard us talking about them and just shook his head in agreement with us but didn’t correct the rest of his party. We left an extra space behind them the entire time.

it astonishes me that little kids can wear masks better than adults!!

We are staying at BLT and drove to Geyser Point for lunch yesterday while waiting for the room to be ready. The guy at the gate gave me a bit of a hard time- asking if I had reservations (they don’t take reservations), then asking if I already placed a mobile order (we wanted to dine in). He said he couldn’t let me in because his manager said only resort guests could eat there. I kindly reminded him that I am a resort guest at BLT, so he finally scanned my band (that was on my wrist hanging out the window while talking to him) and let us drive through. So just an FYI, if you are staying on property and they don’t let you in at first, keep trying.

We stayed at Club Wyndham on Sunday night because I wanted an extra day to do stuff. Very little mask compliance (multiple people without masks at all, a few with masks below the chin waiting for elevators and walking through the lobby). The pools were packed. The waitlist was several scrolls on the phone long on Sunday night. I’m sure it had to do with a combination of the holiday and parks closing early, but we didn’t make it to the pool. My mom tried to go at 8am Monday and ended up leaving it was so crowded. BLT was much better.

We are staying at BLT and drove to Geyser Point for lunch yesterday while waiting for the room to be ready. The guy at the gate gave me a bit of a hard time- asking if I had reservations (they don’t take reservations), then asking if I already placed a mobile order (we wanted to dine in). He said he couldn’t let me in because his manager said only resort guests could eat there. I kindly reminded him that I am a resort guest at BLT, so he finally scanned my band (that was on my wrist hanging out the window while talking to him) and let us drive through. So just an FYI, if you are staying on property and they don’t let you in at first, keep trying.

We stayed at Club Wyndham on Sunday night because I wanted an extra day to do stuff. Very little mask compliance (multiple people without masks at all, a few with masks below the chin waiting for elevators and walking through the lobby). The pools were packed. The waitlist was several scrolls on the phone long on Sunday night. I’m sure it had to do with a combination of the holiday and parks closing early, but we didn’t make it to the pool. My mom tried to go at 8am Monday and ended up leaving it was so crowded. BLT was much better.
The current policy is only resort guests of each resort or guest with dining reservation can enter a resort and park their vehicles
It's a difficult and stressful time for everyone involved, i would highly recommend against trying to talk yourself through and just use Disney buses to travel to other properties If you're doing a quick service.
Some people might be successful in talking your way in but then others won't if the CM at the booth follows rules so it will be frustrating for you as a visitor to have to lave with your stomach empty.

Last edited:

We were at epcot last night. Arrived a little before 3pm just as it started raining. As we walked in the park was emptying out. Rain lasted all of 5 minutes. Lines were short for frozen and test track. The photos pass people were taking a lot of time doing several magic shots etc. We also found it pretty easy to get unmasked photos around the park from tables just after eating and so on.

We did find it much harder to find the no mask zones than at the other theme parks. They aren't advertised well at all. At both Universal and Sea World parks there were giant signs and flags directng you. At Epcot you had to look really hard for the signs. We were only able to find 2 spots and that was mostly because we had seen them on vlogs.

Back to Universal today.

Mask compliance so far is okay. I’m pleasantly surprised at how many people follow the rules when there’s no one there to enforce them.
However i forgot to mention that yesterday during our first wait for FoP there was a party of 5 behind us that kept creeping up into our space-we gave them some glares but they didn’t stop. We let them go ahead of us since we had to wait for two members of our party to join us (and so we didn’t have to deal with that)

throughout the entire queue that family was so close to the group in front of them you would’ve thought they were all together. And the one woman-probably in her 30s-wore her mask as a chin strap 90% of the time. She would take it off to view things better...the others in the party had noses peaking would take the mask off completely to take pictures and wait to put it back on.

at one point the older gentleman heard us talking about them and just shook his head in agreement with us but didn’t correct the rest of his party. We left an extra space behind them the entire time.

This happened to me yesterday too. A group of 7 kept getting right behind me, until the oldest kid stopped on the distance mark. It seems like the kids are doing so much better than the adults with the masks and social distancing.

They asked us when we walked up if we wanted to pick up food to go or dine in. We chose the latter (I'm guessing if we'd said to go that they would have had us place a mobile order) and we were immediately seated at a table with a waitress to take our food and drink orders. The bison cheeseburger with fries was so good! We stopped in Roaring Fork afterward to grab a cupcake and a magic bar and they had us mobile order those and then pick them up about 10 seconds later when they had them ready for us. Wouldn't let us go inside to order those.

Was this at the QS counter or the bar area?

The current policy is only resort guests of each resort or guest with dining reservation can enter a resort and park their vehicles
It's a difficult and stressful time for everyone involved, i would highly recommend against trying to talk yourself through and just use Disney buses to travel to other properties If you're doing a quick service.
Some people might be successful in talking your way in but then others won't if the CM at the booth follows rules so it will be frustrating for you as a visitor to have to lave with your stomach empty.

Wow, ok we were thinking the same thing. We love Geyser Point and we're planning to have dinner there. We are staying at Pop so we cannot drive there? Just to clarify.

Wow, ok we were thinking the same thing. We love Geyser Point and we're planning to have dinner there. We are staying at Pop so we cannot drive there? Just to clarify.
you can only park at another resort if you have a dining reservation. You can arrive via Disney bus from DS . Since the restaurants are at lower capacity they are doing this to have space for the guest actually staying at each resort. You can still bus over and eat at the quick services

We were at epcot last night. Arrived a little before 3pm just as it started raining. As we walked in the park was emptying out. Rain lasted all of 5 minutes. Lines were short for frozen and test track. The photos pass people were taking a lot of time doing several magic shots etc. We also found it pretty easy to get unmasked photos around the park from tables just after eating and so on.

We did find it much harder to find the no mask zones than at the other theme parks. They aren't advertised well at all. At both Universal and Sea World parks there were giant signs and flags directng you. At Epcot you had to look really hard for the signs. We were only able to find 2 spots and that was mostly because we had seen them on vlogs.

Back to Universal today.

Will you be able to do a report on your visits to Universal? I'd love to hear about Universal:) Thanks.

LOL-the kids do seem more conscientious than the adults.

The Nose Peekers are the ones that drive us crazy.

There are so many of them I really think some of them think if their mask is over their mouth that they are in compliance.

By the way never in a million years would we have dreamed the term Nose Peekers would one day become part of our daily conversation !

What would REALLY have been interesting is if The 15s had been able to come in July !

Don't think they would have done too good with masking and can you even imagine The 15s and SOCIAL DISTANCING!LOL

I was turned away from Riviera, trying to eat at the counter service restaurant. It is less then ideal at this point.

Had no problems arriving by Disney bus the next day.

Back to Universal today.
The Relaxation Stations are shown on the new Covid Edition Park Maps.

Akershus and Star Wars Launch Bay are the only 2 with AC I "think".

The Relaxation Stations are shown on the new Covid Edition Park Maps.

Akershus and Star Wars Launch Bay are the only 2 with AC I "think".
There is at least one a/c relaxation zone in each park. AK has pizzafari and MK has the big top tent area (not sure what it is called) In storybook circus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter