~~~Help with the~~~ "AP"

juicefruit00

Mouseketeer
I have a question on AP. I don't know if i should buy one ,or should i buy the hopper passes. I am getting there on March 27th at around 6 or 7 at night , and i will be at the parks for 5 or 6 days. Because i want to enjoy my resort and relax for a couple of days. I am buying 2 one day passes off a friend for 50 dollars. So i don't know if i should get one AP or get all hoppers. Will i have some advantages to buying an AP. I don't think will will be going back within the year. Will i get a discount on my hopper passes with the AP? I am staying at the all star for 2 nights before i go to my resort. I am staying at the vistana resorts. Will i get a discount on the all star? I am a member of the Disney club. Will i get better discounts with the AP than the Disney club. We are expecting to go for a nice sit down dinner at least 3 times while we are there and one nice breakfast. I am just asking What i will be better off doing? Please help me. I have only been to disney once before and that was a gift from my boyfriends parents they won some money and treated us all to disney. Now it is coming out of our own pockets and money is tight.:p

IMHO you are better off just using your DC discount. APs are really only a good savings if you are planning to be at WDW for 8 days or more. You can get some real good discounts with your DC card. I can't remember the site that list the DC discounts. Maybe someone else can post it here. I would just get hopper tickets (which I think you get a discount on with your DC card), and not invest in an AP.

The money we saved on our room at AKL paid for an annual pass, plus part of another one. We are going to be there for 8 full days, so it all works out. We haven't even factored in the discounts at TDS, and WDW restaurants. And, we're free and clear to go again, for CHEAP! Next trip, we won't have to worry about passes, and can get up to 50% off our resort next time.

I think its going to be well worth it!

Holly

Here is a link that describes the discounts for the DC & AP passholders:

http://wdwig.com/discounts.htm

Here's a link to ticket descriptions and prices:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm

Given your description of your WDW trip, I don't think an AP is right for you - especially if you are planning to buy 2 one-day passes from a friend in addition to the AP. Even if you were able to get an AP discount for your All Stars reservation, the MOST you would likely save is between $50-$60. An AP with DC discount is $150 MORE than a 4 day park hopper ticket. When you consider the $50 you are spending on one-day passes, it is still $100 more. Do you think the AP will save you $100 in other benefits? You'll have to do the math for your specific touring plans to determine which ticket best meets your needs.

Enjoy the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!