Help, please! POFQ, POR, WL and Pop Warner.

guyzmom

Mouseketeer
Hi, all! I'm plannning a trip for Dec. 6th-12th 2003. DH, twin sons, my parents, and I. We would love to stay at WL, but we're trying to be frugal . I was trying to decide between POFQ and POR, when I read some posts about all the Pop Warner kids being there then. Now, I'm not sure what to do! We all love kids, I was a cheerleader myself for 7 years, and my mom is an elementary school secretary - but, this will be my parents first vacation since like 1979 (and goodness knows when they will go anywhere again - it's like pulling teeth to get them somewhere). Even though we all love kids, we're not crazy about crowds, and tend to be on the shy side.
I guess what I really need to know is: will POR be okay during this time (or do we need to be concerned about the big groups and try to stay at WL), if POR is okay during this time which do you suggest POFQ or POR?
Any info, insights, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much,
Gretchen:Pinkbounc

I did read a post somewhere on here that said the Pop Warner cheerleaders were staying at both Port Orleans during the 2nd week. My crew and I will be there the same time you will and we are staying at the WL. I don't think those guys opt for a deluxe so you might have a bit more peaceful stay @ the WL. At least away from the parks!! Hope this helps!!. I also think they were staying at CBR too!!:)

This was the week after "Pop Warner" week, (so this may not help you), but we saw throngs of cheerleaders -- no football players -- at the Magic Kingdom and MVMCP that week and over the weekend. (We only saw a small group of 5 cheerleaders on check-in at POFQ -- that was the only time we saw them at our resort.) We enjoyed our (very quiet) stay at French Quarter and especially loved the holiday decorations and New Orleans theming. It was too cold (for us) to go in the pool but there were a few brave souls enjoying the pool and dragon slide. (The temps were in the mid 50s, low 60s during the day, dropping into the 40s at night, which we were told was unusual.) We had a wonderful pre-Christmas visit and plan to visit again in two years during the same week. It was fabulous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter