Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we should force people to vaccinate. Especially when people have real fears.
I'm not saying we should force them either.

I just wish people would do it themselves for the greater good. When we were closing down business all we heard was "we're all in this together". People lost jobs, people lost income, people lost health insurance, people lost businesses. You don't hear much of that with regard to the vaccine.

I just wish people would do it themselves for the greater good. When we were closing down business all we heard was "we're all in this together". People lost jobs, people lost income, people lost health insurance, people lost businesses. You don't hear much of that with regard to the vaccine.

I was never one of those that believed we were all in this together for so many reasons. We never were and never will be in this together.

We aren’t in this together. That’s the thing.

I don’t think we should force people to vaccinate. Especially when people have real fears.
I don't think we should force all people to isolate, especially when there is no evidence it does any good (especially kids). But here we are. Just FTR, by "isolate", I mean if you are in a state where kids have gone back to school AT ALL or can play sports, or you are allowed to do outdoor dining, that's not it. Welcome to CA. There is room in this world for both of us to be right, but that is not how this is playing out. I don't believe there is any reason for anyone to suffer unnecessarily "for the greater good". If you don't believe kids are suffering, I invite you to come on by and (attempt to) have a chat with my DD15. Don't worry, it will be brief to say the least. Setting mandates that can't be met without everyone getting vaccinated before schools can open or kids can play sports puts us at odds, and that's not right - and really not necessary.

That sounds like a great spot for getting a lot of people vaccinated. I was curious and looked it up and saw a great article where they explained the process for that location (and that the site had been used for COVID testing too). They had a Q&A and one of the questions was are there bathrooms and the answer was portalets and washing stations both in line and in the observation area. Honestly had not considered bathroom access for a drive-thru site.
I had an appointment for between 7 - 8 PM. Got there at 6:50 PM, got the shot at 6:58, waited in the hold area of the lot and drove off at 7:15 PM. Very efficient.

:jumping1:

Good news today: Kansas moves into second phase of COVID-19 immunizations. The governor said :"While it’s important to remember that the rate of vaccinations will be dependent on the amount we receive from the federal government, we use every tool available to make vaccine delivery transparent, efficient, and fast in order to reach as many Kansans as possible"

Things from an article I was reading and other articles:

• Dose (no pun intended!) of reality it's about 30-33% of our state's population that qualifies under Phase 2. It's about 1 million people.
  • Next week's shipment=45,000 doses. What they've been stressing all along--please be patient.
  • That county that I mentioned that has a drive-thru site? They will be having a mass vaccination of age 65+. The first event is for 1/29 with 500 appointments (which is more than they initially said they would be doing which was 300) and those filled up within 30mins of it being announced. The site is at the hospital and is still getting through their healthcare workers but they've "identified thousands of current and former older patients as it gears up for the next phase." Here's an interesting thing the hospital is "developing two rapid response teams comprised of 20 people each to aid in vaccinations. Members of those teams will be prepared to drop what they are doing and begin giving vaccines upon new arrivals of vaccine doses"
On a related note the Healthcare network where I've received care in the past has sent me an updated e-mail advising of the state moving on to Phase 2 and advises the following: "will vaccinate current patients ages 65 and older. For those who are not current patients at one of our clinic locations, please contact your local health department for other vaccination sites. Due to the limited amount of vaccine currently available, our initial shipments are only allotted for our patients who are in the phase designated by the state." The e-mail goes on to give their vaccine website they have created which is nice.

I never understood why I should care if someone does not want to get vaccinated, as long as I am, why should I care. I have noticed a lot of these anti vaxxers are first in line when the chance is there
For a normal thing, aka the measles, it's important to get vaccinated because kids can't be vaxxed until a certain age. And it's an extremely dangerous disease for kids.

The Ro is the exact opposite. It's not dangerous at all for young folks. So if you don't wanna get vaxxed, with an experimental vaccine, then you shouldn't care if someone else gets it.

For a normal thing, aka the measles, it's important to get vaccinated because kids can't be vaxxed until a certain age. And it's an extremely dangerous disease for kids.

The Ro is the exact opposite. It's not dangerous at all for young folks. So if you don't wanna get vaxxed, with an experimental vaccine, then you shouldn't care if someone else gets it.

There are also adults who are immunocompromised who are unable to be vaccinated for covid. People who can be vaccinated should so we can achieve herd immunity to protect them.

There are also adults who are immunocompromised who are unable to be vaccinated for covid. People who can be vaccinated should so we can achieve herd immunity to protect them.

Ok. Like I have said from jump, I'll get stuck the minute it means being totally normal. Not a second sooner.

So if you don't wanna get vaxxed, with an experimental vaccine, then you shouldn't care if someone else gets it.
A different way to look at it--we should always care if someone doesn't or does get a vaccine. The ramifications of just how many people get a vaccine varies. That's one of the biggest determining factors.

Right now with COVID the ramifications is mask wearing, social distancing, stay at home orders, job loss, increased food insecurities, inability to pay rent or mortgage, loved ones passing away with no one there, loved ones not being able to be seen (or chosen not to be seen out of concern over health risks), industries virtually decimated (especially travel), economies impacted to a large degree overall, people's income disrupted due consumer behaviors and in certain situations restrictions are causing that, movies keep being shifted forward in time and the movie theater industry is hinging on collapse, immunizations of other diseases, routine healthcare, disease screening and treatment in some cases, surgeries, and so much more it would take forever to list it out. That's literally just the U.S...look outside the U.S. and you'll find the same and more.

Now yes there will likely be a line in the sand where some of these things will simply stop but the consequences of so much of the stuff won't just go away. They'll be felt for a long while.

We always should care if someone gets a vaccine but right now with COVID the stakes and the ramifications carry quite a lot of weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter