Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who attended last night, is time better spent on the trail, character meets, securing a parade spot than waiting in line for rides with more than a 20 min wait (I saw RSR was at 25 min for a while)? Just trying to prioritize as I have littles who won’t likely make it past 10pm. Thanks!
Are you just going for the party, or are you there multiple days? It really just depends on what your family enjoys.

In general, I think the best use of party time is the exclusive party offerings - that’s really what you’re paying for and what’s unique. So with littles, I’d be hitting the show in the Disney Jr building, the Decendance party, the interactive treat trails, watching the parade... probably wouldn’t bother with rides, or not more than a few, since you could do those anytime... but if you’re just doing a party ticket, of course you’d want to mix some rides in.

Are you just going for the party, or are you there multiple days? It really just depends on what your family enjoys.

In general, I think the best use of party time is the exclusive party offerings - that’s really what you’re paying for and what’s unique. So with littles, I’d be hitting the show in the Disney Jr building, the Decendance party, the interactive treat trails, watching the parade... probably wouldn’t bother with rides, or not more than a few, since you could do those anytime... but if you’re just doing a party ticket, of course you’d want to mix some rides in.

Awesome. Just the party, probably no Descendance as (3,6 yrs) are not familiar yet. You’re the best, as always Skyegirl!

I am sad about the lackluster WoC reviews...I love WoC (especially Seasons of Light) and I love Villains so I had high hopes.-it's actually one of the main reasons I made a trip to the party happen this year. Maybe we'll try to catch the 2nd show so we're not investing too much time in waiting for a spot.

Last time we did MHP we skipped the parade...though I think it was when it was the "Cavalcade" and not a full parade anyway. Is the parade worth watching?

This is correct and stated on the website for making the reservation. In fact when I called reservations to ask about this I was specifically told (day the info was released) that it would mean it is possible to eat and not get reserved seats depending on prior reservations making the upgrade. I have no idea why they decided to just not make it a package.

What I don’t understand though is that there are no seats, it says that on the website - it is a standing room reserved area. I am confused. Are there reserved seats for the viewing area now?

View attachment 436923

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/wine-country-trattoria/

Awesome. Just the party, probably no Descendance as (3,6 yrs) are not familiar yet. You’re the best, as always Skyegirl!
Aww, thanks! Some kiddos near us were a little creeped out by a couple of parts of the parade. If yours are easily spooked, you might want to watch it on YouTube ahead of time to make sure you don’t think it will freak them out, or at least prep them for low-level “creepiness.” I’d say at that age range, the little show inside the Disney Jr building will be your biggest hit! Also, Anna and Elsa were meeting and had zero wait the two times we were in the Animation building, for what that’s worth; I forgot to mention them before.
I am sad about the lackluster WoC reviews...I love WoC (especially Seasons of Light) and I love Villains so I had high hopes.-it's actually one of the main reasons I made a trip to the party happen this year. Maybe we'll try to catch the 2nd show so we're not investing too much time in waiting for a spot.

Last time we did MHP we skipped the parade...though I think it was when it was the "Cavalcade" and not a full parade anyway. Is the parade worth watching?
It’s short but fun. With the longer parade route in DCA (making viewing pretty low-stress), I think it’s worth it.

Ditto on WOC. I was so surprised by how low-energy and just... meh... it was.

Yea the negative Villainous! WoC reviews are a huge bummer for me. It's the main reason why I decided to buy a ticket to the OBB. I'll still see it cause I'm a huge WoC fan and now I just need to know which version is worse..... WoC Celebrate during the 60th anniversary, WoC Winter Dreams (first Christmas version before turning into the superior Season of light) or this Villainous version.

What I don’t understand though is that there are no seats, it says that on the website - it is a standing room reserved area. I am confused. Are there reserved seats for the viewing area now?
Seats was a bad choice of words on my part. It is standing room only; though, I was under the impression the only viewing area would be on the terrace of the restaurant...

As of now I’m planning on using the GCH entrance to get into the party unless I hear something different about access. This way we can also check out the Oogie in the lobby!

I forgot to watch wait times during the mix in yesterday but kept a close eye after 6:00 until I went to bed. Wait times looked great!

I watched a few YouTube videos to get a sneak peek at the Villains Grove and immersive treat trails. I also watched the full WoC and wasn’t impressed. I won’t be wasting time waiting around to see it.

So far our plan is to enter DCA as soon as we’re able then head to see some shows and maybe eat during the mix in time. I’m expecting ride times will be crazy and we should just wait until later for that.

Does anyone know if anything is closed pre-party due to treat trails? Specifically The Animation building? I was hoping to spend some time in there during the mix in along with seeing Mickey’s Phillharmagic.

Thanks for the updates so far! I have a few questions.
- are food places open? I’m trying to figure out where to eat.
- how were crowds during the 3pm mix in?
- for those that came midday, how was parking and entering? Even though there is more space in the structure, it seems crazy now, and the lines seem so long at security.
- in regards to merchandise, were there long lines for it? I’m only interested in the oogie boogie supper, but if the line is too much, I can pass on it.
- what characters seem to have the longest lines? After reading reports, I’m most interested in Pinocchio, blue fairy, dopey, Snow White, Kim and Ron, and Robin Hood villains. Is it possible to see all of these in one night ?

We didn’t go to the party but we were at the park during Mix In and the sipper was a a cart right outside Wine Country/across from Carsland at 4ish. I got my son the shirt he wanted so he can wear it to the party Thursday and we looked at the sipper. No line at that point :)

We got to DCA around 5:20 and got our bands at Blue Sky Cellar. Then I got in line for the AP magnet. They opened that treat line early. The one across near jumping jellyfish did not open until 6:10 or so.

The parade was great, but really short. Love the HM float. We missed the HH because we were on RSR. All rides were a walk on and we thought crowds were light compared to the very oversold MNSSHP in Florida. No times for any shows were listed on the map:(

I loved the Redwood Creek walkthrough and they did not rush people at all. I actually liked WOC! It was a bit odd, but fun.

Got the Oogie Boogie drink with glow cube dice-$21 and the drink is not great, but the dice are big and cool.

We completely missed Oogie Boogie and I am bummed about that. No listings for any of the villains. Saw Mad Hatter, Evil Queen, BB Wolf, Shang. Loki is great and spends a lot of time with everyone walking around.

Is it worth going to if I want to do the immersive trails ( which sound really unique) and a couple rides? The reason I was hesitant is how crowded the last few years have become and not that big of a fan of DCA. but the reports here are changing my mind.

I've had a lot of stress with our travel party over the last couple of days and seeing these posts and reports was exactly what I needed to get excitement back - THANK YOU!

A couple questions: What closes for WoC? Incredicoaster? anything else? Are they open again in between the two shows? With two showings, I want to be sure my kids don't put that off until late and then can't ride.

Is the parade starting at Pixar Pier and ending at GOTG?

I better finish my costume...

We got to DCA around 5:20 and got our bands at Blue Sky Cellar. Then I got in line for the AP magnet. They opened that treat line early. The one across near jumping jellyfish did not open until 6:10 or so.

The parade was great, but really short. Love the HM float. We missed the HH because we were on RSR. All rides were a walk on and we thought crowds were light compared to the very oversold MNSSHP in Florida. No times for any shows were listed on the map:(

I loved the Redwood Creek walkthrough and they did not rush people at all. I actually liked WOC! It was a bit odd, but fun.

Got the Oogie Boogie drink with glow cube dice-$21 and the drink is not great, but the dice are big and cool.

We completely missed Oogie Boogie and I am bummed about that. No listings for any of the villains. Saw Mad Hatter, Evil Queen, BB Wolf, Shang. Loki is great and spends a lot of time with everyone walking around.

Thank you for the report! Was Monsters After Dark mostly a walk on as well?

Is it worth going to if I want to do the immersive trails ( which sound really unique) and a couple rides? The reason I was hesitant is how crowded the last few years have become and not that big of a fan of DCA. but the reports here are changing my mind.
If you already bought tickets I would say you should go, but if you haven’t bought tickets the parties are all sold out.

I read somewhere that it was first come first serve and that when arriving at your reservation you had to request the package but it wasn't guaranteed. Not sure why they did it like this. Very poor planning.
The only thing i read about it was on the Disney site. It does state that it is subject to availability and you have to request at the restaurant. What i took from that was that it was not a guarantee you would get it and since we don't love that restaurant and can probably see the parade with out it we decided to not book. But it is not 100% clear on that so i can see how people who think they a seat. Especially when all other reservations like this explain it much more clearly and don't take reservations once they are booked.

When you arrive at the restaurant, you can request an upgrade to this dining experience, subject to availability.

Folks,

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere - I'm almost certain it has been - but can someone point me to a list of the Halloween-themed character meet and greets at Disneyland (and, if there's convenient one-stop shopping for California Adventure, that would be great, too)?

After multiple trips to Disney World and Universal in Orlando, making our first trek to Disneyland in a week and a half, and one of the ways I was able to sell my wife and daughter on the 6-hour flight was the Halloween stuff. We're doing the Ooigie-Boogie Bash one night, and I see there's a thread for that, but is there one specifically for the main park (because I don't see Jack Skellington at California Adventure, and that's gonna be a problem...).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!