Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We walked right on RSR and Monsters After Dark. Lots of candy trails. Long lines, but they moved pretty fast. Some CMs give a big handful, some 1 piece-haha. No indication of what treat trails are immersive, so we missed most of the villains:( No times on the map, so be sure you know all of those things ahead of time.

We walked right on RSR and Monsters After Dark. Lots of candy trails. Long lines, but they moved pretty fast. Some CMs give a big handful, some 1 piece-haha. No indication of what treat trails are immersive, so we missed most of the villains:( No times on the map, so be sure you know all of those things ahead of time.
The times are available in the app. And good to know about lines. I’m hoping to get a few rides in on monsters after dark on Sunday.

Villainous! is a brand new World of Color show that you can only see during the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party happening at Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort. Villainous! follows a new character, Shelley Marie, as she encounters Disney Villains while trying to decide on her Halloween costume.

Inspired by the popular Villain Kids the Descendants films on Disney Channel the Isle of the Lost Dance Crew is ready to throw down and dance in the all-new DescenDANCE Party at Oogie Boogie Bash! If you're looking to get down at this year's Halloween party, you'll find this show in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land.

Redwood Creek Forest has been transformed into a grove of magic! The Villains have taken root and are here to entice party guests with a series of scenes creating a symphony of sound, light, and shadows! Villains Grove is only available to Guests attending Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party.

The Frightfully Fun Parade has moved from Disneyland to Disney California Adventure for the Oogie Boogie Bash and features the same classic floats representing Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Haunted Mansion, and plenty of Disney Villains, along with the Chesire Cat for the first time ever!

During the Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort, Carthay Circle comes to life every 15 minutes with one of five different projection shows that adds spooky fun to the party!

Villainous! is a brand new World of Color show that you can only see during the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party happening at Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort. Villainous! follows a new character, Shelley Marie, as she encounters Disney Villains while trying to decide on her Halloween costume.

Inspired by the popular Villain Kids the Descendants films on Disney Channel the Isle of the Lost Dance Crew is ready to throw down and dance in the all-new DescenDANCE Party at Oogie Boogie Bash! If you're looking to get down at this year's Halloween party, you'll find this show in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land.

Redwood Creek Forest has been transformed into a grove of magic! The Villains have taken root and are here to entice party guests with a series of scenes creating a symphony of sound, light, and shadows! Villains Grove is only available to Guests attending Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party.

The Frightfully Fun Parade has moved from Disneyland to Disney California Adventure for the Oogie Boogie Bash and features the same classic floats representing Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Haunted Mansion, and plenty of Disney Villains, along with the Chesire Cat for the first time ever!

I just watched the WOC show on YouTube (I'm not going to the parties) and I thought the show started off kind of strong and it seemed like it could be cool....and then it just turned weird. I can totally see why the reviews are "meh".

A lot of information is interspersed in the general HalloweenTime thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...er-halloween-time-information.3731676/page-70
I haven't seen a single list of all of the HalloweenTime characters that are out and about. You can see a listing of some of the characters in the official Disneyland app, but it doesn't seem to have all of the roaming characters listed (those vary by day it seems).

I don't think Jack Skellington is meeting in DCA. I think he, and Sally, are only in DL in New Orleans Square.

What is Monsters After Dark?
It’s the Guardians of the Galaxy Halloween overlay. It’s regular GOTG until... shoot, I don't remember, either 3 or 5 each day? Then it changes over to MAD.
For the villains near Grizzly River Run, does each have a separate line?
No, it’s one line for all three meets.
I just watched the WOC show on YouTube (I'm not going to the parties) and I thought the show started off kind of strong and it seemed like it could be cool....and then it just turned weird. I can totally see why the reviews are "meh".
I feel like the “character” they created was forced and unnecessary. There are a million characters that people love already. 🤷‍♀️ It certainly wasn’t terrible, and viewing was so easy to walk up to that I’d say it’s worth checking out overall, but definitely not a slam dunk IMO.

The only thing i read about it was on the Disney site. It does state that it is subject to availability and you have to request at the restaurant. What i took from that was that it was not a guarantee you would get it and since we don't love that restaurant and can probably see the parade with out it we decided to not book. But it is not 100% clear on that so i can see how people who think they a seat. Especially when all other reservations like this explain it much more clearly and don't take reservations once they are booked.

When you arrive at the restaurant, you can request an upgrade to this dining experience, subject to availability.
This quote you mentioned is what I read but I also read in another group I'm in that someone called a CM and the CM confirmed it was not guaranteed and that once the package was sold out that it was sold out. I really dont understand why they just didn't sell so many reserved packages like they usually do. This sounds so unorganized... there will be lots of disappointed people with this plan.

So, based on the character names I've seen - there must be two sets of three that trade off?
No, it's a different mixture, and sometimes there were only two out. When we passed by, we saw the following combos:
- Governor Ratcliffe, Shan Yu, Judge Frollo
- Shan Yu, Big Bad Wolf, empty slot (Photopass was there and letting people walk up and pose with the empty backdrop)
- Big Bad Wolf, Prince John, Sheriff of N.
- Governor Ratclifffe, Prince John, Sheriff of N.

ETA: I was there with a CM who usually works as a character host, and her friends who were working were mentioning what a mess it was at the beginning with costume issues, etc. - sounded like a lot of confusion. So it’s possible that there will be a more regular rotation on future dates. They didn’t do M&Gs at the CM preview, so last night was a bit of a dress rehearsal, it seems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter