Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the monster have escaped and it is a more intense version of the ride. Ok, maybe the music makes it feel more intense. It is my kids favorite version. It isn’t in the dark.

More intense?!? Crap!! It's just hubby & I this trip, and he loves it. I have no child to give me an excuse not to ride!!

No, it's a different mixture, and sometimes there were only two out. When we passed by, we saw the following combos:
- Governor Ratcliffe, Shan Yu, Judge Frollo
- Shan Yu, Big Bad Wolf, empty slot (Photopass was there and letting people walk up and pose with the empty backdrop)
- Big Bad Wolf, Prince John, Sheriff of N.
- Governor Ratclifffe, Prince John, Sheriff of N.

ETA: I was there with a CM who usually works as a character host, and her friends who were working were mentioning what a mess it was at the beginning with costume issues, etc. - sounded like a lot of confusion. So it’s possible that there will be a more regular rotation on future dates. They didn’t do M&Gs at the CM preview, so last night was a bit of a dress rehearsal, it seems...

Ugh. I hope they work it out. How frustrating it will be if you have to stand in line multiple times to get groups where you've already met one or two of the characters - just to get the third one.

I will have to watch the WOC online to see how it is. If it looks boring, I may skip it and stick to hunting down characters.

Quick question: Last year Disney started revoking passes of people who resold items. I am getting the Bo peep sheep bag for my costume. I don't really like the purse, but it just completes my outfit. If I were to resell it (lower price, not double or triple), would I be at risk to get my pass taken away? If I have to keep it, so be it, but I don't want to have something laying around that I won't use again.

Question for those who walked through the Villains Grove Walkthrough last night. I seem to remember something written in the description that incense will be burned in the Walkthrough. My son has a horrible allergic reaction to incense, so if anyone could confirm it was/wasn't burning, I'd be very grateful. He really wants to do the Walkthrough, but won't be able to if its burning anywhere on the path.

TIA!

Question for those who walked through the Villains Grove Walkthrough last night. I seem to remember something written in the description that incense will be burned in the Walkthrough. My son has a horrible allergic reaction to incense, so if anyone could confirm it was/wasn't burning, I'd be very grateful. He really wants to do the Walkthrough, but won't be able to if its burning anywhere on the path.

TIA!
I did not notice anything, and I’m super sensitive to smells. That doesn’t mean it NEVER happens, but there’s one experience for you.

I could be wrong, but majority of the Halloween-themed characters I've seen are on the DL side of the park. The only Halloween character I'm aware of at DCA is Mater as a vampire.

Can anyone that has pictures of the characters from the party post them so we can all see what they look like? Are any characters in Halloween costumes like past parties?

Quick question: Last year Disney started revoking passes of people who resold items. I am getting the Bo peep sheep bag for my costume. I don't really like the purse, but it just completes my outfit. If I were to resell it (lower price, not double or triple), would I be at risk to get my pass taken away? If I have to keep it, so be it, but I don't want to have something laying around that I won't use again.
I think that's just for people selling multiples of a new item, you should be fine.

Oh, I just want to toss this out there as I know I’ve seen people complaining on various websites that the maps don’t say which treat tales are immersive.

The app did. I looked at it a little last night after we left DCA and it showed there.

I could be wrong, but majority of the Halloween-themed characters I've seen are on the DL side of the park. The only Halloween character I'm aware of at DCA is Mater as a vampire.

Red is a clown and Cruz is a pirate.

Donald is meeting as a Devil. The others in that hub area are meeting in costumes too... Goofy, Daisy, Minnie, Mickey through the day.

Red is a clown and Cruz is a pirate.

Donald is meeting as a Devil. The others in that hub area are meeting in costumes too... Goofy, Daisy, Minnie, Mickey through the day.
Thanks for correcting me! Good to know they're not only in one park.

A lot of these usually aren’t added to the app, occasionally they are, but they are still meeting, but can’t guarantee times.

DL
Jack and Sally in New Orleans Square (often not on app)
Maleficent near castle (not on app)
Evil Queen
Captain Hook
Jafar
Frollo
Queen of Hearts
Cruella De Vil
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip, Dale, Goofy & Pluto in Halloween outfits on Main Street USA
A mix of Haunted Mansion friends (Hitchhiking Ghosts, Constance and Sally) where Jack and Sally are meeting during the day.

DCA
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy in Halloween outfits on Buena Vista Street
Mater, Lighting, Red, Cruz in Halloween outfits in Cars Land.

So character wise, I walked around a bit as well as meeting a lot of them, I've summed it my personal experience here.

A few stops said that the characters may change every party, but I’m guessing we’ll see tonight.

Kingdom Hearts - Donald and Goofy rotating

Pixar Pals - Carl and Russell were rotating with Bo Peep and Woody, Army men were roaming.

Marvel friends - Gamora and Star Lord

Disney Villains - officially it was Prince John, Sheriff of Nottingham & Big Bad Wolf rotating with Shan Yu, Frollo & Ratcliffe, but the timings with big bad wolf were off, so there was a weird overlap I believe.

Classic friends were Snow White and Dopey swapping with Pinocchio and Blue Fairy, Blue Fairy and Pinocchio were on the hour, Snow and dopey at half past.

Disney afternoon - Chip and Dale, Don Karnage and Baloo in that order, at some point Don and Baloo were together and at some point they were separate, but this stop was one of the ones who said it might change.

Disney channel friends - Phineas and Ferb swapping with Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable, believe Kim and Ron were first, the queue was pretty short for these as it’s quite tucked away near the cars land arch.

Cars Land - no clue sadly, but I imagine it was the 4 of the regulars?

Incredifriends - when I walked past it was Mr and Mrs Incredible together, not sure if they were swapping with Edna and Frozone, or what.

Mickey and Minnie and Anna and Elsa, self explanatory really.

Hi All,
Does anyone know for the Oogie Boogie Bash World Of Colour - Villainous! spectacular do you need to get FP's for the different viewing areas like the normal WOC? Or on OBB nights can you just walk up to any of the viewing areas to watch it?
Does anyone know the procedure for this?
Thanks so much.

For the AP treat trail- will they let non-APs in with you? I have an AP as does DD14 but DD10 and DD8 don’t have them at the moment. I’m not sure how long this trail is or how it’s set up- can they go in with us (though I assume not get a magnet)?

From what we know, there is no FP's for Villainous WOC on the party nights. So you can go up to any viewing area for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter