Grumpy and Minnie do Disney - the one with the honeymoon - finally complete!

Wednesday 12th December

Today we are going to Universal but we have a last minute change of plan when we realise that we are both dressed like we are going on safari! So we think it’s only fair that we have a wild adventure at the Animal Kingdom today.

ak-1.jpg

We have some Photopass pictures taken and hotfoot it to Everest.

ee.jpg

It’s great and we buy the ride photo just to prove to ourselves that we went on it and a licence plate that reads I conquered Everest for the craft/computer room.

We see a few 'people' hanging around...

hanging.jpg

And Devine...

devine.jpg

We also visit It’s Tough to be a Bug – why do I still jump even though I know what’s going to happen lol I won’t say anymore for those who haven’t seen this show.

ttbab.jpg

We also ride Dinosaur and go to see Finding Nemo the Musical which is fab!! :goodvibes

nemo.jpg

It’s quite hot today so we stop off for a couple of Mickey Premium ice creams from Dinorama before heading off for a Burger King for lunch. We have two Whopper meals one with cheese and one without.

We nip along to DTD at night to pick up some Christmas gifts. In the World of Disney we buy Mickey feet slippers, an 2007 photo album, two glass Mickey Santa votive candle ornaments, a My First Minnie soft toy and t-shirt, a Finding Nemo pin, and a Mickey head wine stopper.

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV. :rotfl:

Kirsteen,
I've just read all of your installments in one go this afternoon and they've been a joy to read. Such a fun-filled honeymoon must foretell a happy marriage. Best Wishes and thanks for sharing your good times.

Another lovely day. It's Tough to be a Bug made me jump so much the first time that I've avoided it ever since!

Laur's princess:

Thanks Kirsteen, I really enjoyed reading these, I didn't catch them when you did them and have been browsing to find reports to read. I am hoping you started another thread to end the reports.:goodvibes

What a great tip report and the wedding photo you shared with us is lovely. As is your brick that is so cool. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading my trip report and for your lovely comments girls. I'm not sure I could remember all the details now to finish it! :upsidedow

Thursday 13th December

Thanks for reminding me about this trippie – I wish I had finished it as I can hardly remember any details now! But I’m going to give it a bash… :surfweb:

Lights, camera, action! Take Two! We’re off to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure today, after our detour to the Animal Kingdom yesterday due to both Grumpy and I both donning way too much kaki attire for two people!

ak-2.jpg

We park up and enjoy the ‘walk’ to the entrance. We venture into Universal Studios and enjoy the decorations.

us-christmas.jpg

The park is practically empty which we likey muchly.

empty.jpg

We head straight into Shrek 4D – a firm favourite from our last trip and it doesn’t disappoint. I scour the Shrek store for a set of donkey ears (in the run up to the wedding I did so many stupid things that a pair of donkey ears were mine) but it wasn't meant to be - I leave ear less :sad2:

We are aimlessly wondering around and I suggest that we ride the Mummy. Grumpy looks at me as if I’ve turned into the Mummy! Grumpy - are you mad, that’s a rollercoaster, remember we've been on it before. Me – no it’s like a wee boat ride. So off we pop. I swear it was just a wee boat ride before lol

mummy.jpg

We are getting hungry and although it is no where near lunchtime, we’ve not had any breakfast and ‘we’re on holiday’ so we head to Mel’s Diner. I think we are the only ones in there and one of the servers tries to tempt us with an all day meal deal. As we are only here for a flying visit and are not intending on being here at lunchtime we say thanks but no thanks. She seems a little peeved at this and I’m sure she proceeds to select the biggest fries/drink etc for us to bump up the price of our burger and fries x 2 just to prove that we would have been better taking the meal deal but I am too hungry to say anything. We slide into a booth mumbling something about ‘it not being Disney’ lol

Once we are fed and watered we head over to Islands of Adventure taking the obligatory Universal globe photos as we go.

globe.jpg

Grumpy feels at home with the Grinch:

grinch.jpg

We head for the Trolly Ride as this wasn’t open the last time we were here and Spiderman (another firm favourite). I buy my friends little one a Spiderman t-shirt complete with Spidey abs (it was a bit hit when we gave it to him) and we leave Islands of Adventure behind (told you it was a flying visit).

On route back to Port Orlenas we nip into the Harley Davidson shop on I-drive to buy some goodies for my BIL’s dog – Harley and for our cat – Charlie. I just recently found Charlie's ‘Bad to the Bone’ collar under the shed. I also popped into Walgreens for some chocolate treats – Hershey bars.

We head back to Port Orleans and chill out before heading out to Premium Outlets in the evening. DH buys enough pairs of Levis to last a lifetime and a belt to match, along with a pair of Cat boots. We also make the most of the dollar ($2-£1) and buy a shirt and jumper from the Calvin Klein Store for my stepdad’s 50th birthday which we have missed while being away for the bargain price of $87.18!

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV.

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Friday 14th December

A perfect day – a show, a parade, scrapbook shopping and pizza and The Bag…

Today’s the day we’ve set aside to see anything that we have missed. We’re off bright and early to MGM to see the Beauty and the Beast show.

mgm-1.jpg

We’ve seen the musical at a local theatre at home and really enjoyed it so we’re really looking forward to it. OK, me slightly more so than Grumpy. It’s brilliant and I haven’t let on to Grumpy about the 4 Dollars (is that their name?!) and he is mightily impressed with them and the show.

I talk Grumpy into one last hotdog from Gasparilla’s and we’re merrily making our way to the Grand Floridian when I ask Grumpy where The Bag is – you know The Bag, the one with all our money, credit cards, debit cards, tickets, room cards, kitchen sink... I’ve held sole responsibility for The Bag the entire holiday and have passed the responsibility over to Grumpy for what must be all of two hours now and he’s gone and left it on the tram on the way back from MGM!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: We high tail it back to MGM (we are in the Grand Floridian car park by the time we realise that The Bag is not in the back of the car, under the seat or in the boot) and what follows is a very fraught journey, Grumpy possibly breaking many speed limits and me twittering on about how long this is going to take to sort out and it’ll be me that has to do it and I don’t even know what cards are in the purse or any of the telephone numbers – I am envisaging hours and hours and lots of $$ spent on the phone to the UK to sort this one out. We park and take the tram that seems to take 100 years to pull up outside MGM. After a rushed explanation to the lost property CM, he produces The Bag!!! :worship: I shed more than a few tears of relief and swear never to leave The Bag in Grumpy’s care again. :sad2:

After all the saga I can’t actually remember if we made it to Gasparilla’s or not but we definitely head up to the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon. We stake out a spot and enjoy the parade.

mouse.jpg

mouse2.jpg

mouse3.jpg

mouse4.jpg

mouse5.jpg

We embark on some obligatory shopping at Emporium Complex and I think this is when we bought DH his Grumpy T-shirt.

After The Bag saga I’ve ‘bagged’ myself some more scrapbook shopping time :dance3::banana: We enter the coveted word 'Joanns' into the sav nat and we’re off to a Joanns on Memorial Highway ($73.77 spent on lots ‘n lots of scrapping goodies :goodvibes). We spy a Pizza Hut around the corner and decide to dine there. After, we nip into Super Target for a nosey too.

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV. ;)

Saturday 15th December

We’re having a lazy day today and don’t make it out and about until lunchtime. We mosey on down to Fultons General Store at Port Orleans. We bought three pins a Port Orleans magnet. I can’t remember where we had lunch today… :confused3

I had bought tickets as a wedding present for Grumpy for Cirque du Soleil and had booked them for tonight – our two week anniversary. :cloud9: We decided to eat at DTD tonight and opted for Planet Hollywood. We posed for our photo at the top of the stairs, they hadn’t done this the last time we were here. Surprisingly the photo wasn’t too bad so I bought the pack including the two photo keyrings much to Grumpy’s grumps. :rotfl: We did a little shopping, it would be rude not to… :rolleyes1 Grumpy bought a Goofy head golf club cover (having already bought the Grumpy one on our last trip) in Team Mickey and we bought some more pins and two keyrings in Mickey’s Groove.

Cirque du Soleil was fab – I won’t say too much as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t been but I would recommend it. Armed with our Cirque du Soleil souvenir cups we made our way down to the Cirque du Soleil shop and bought the CD and programme. :woohoo:

c.jpg

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV.

Sunday 16th December

The day that we spent driving around buying all the things that we should have bought the first time we were there. :rotfl2: We head out to Premium Outlets for yet more Levis for Grumpy. The Bag saga is gaining me even move scrapbook shopping time so it’s another trip to Joanns and Michaels for me. :banana: I discover lots of wooden shapes that I can use for scrapbooking so I splurge ($63.98 and $25.29 spent):cloud9:. We want to have one last look around the Grand Floridian and pop into Sandy Cove for a 2007 Victorian potpourri ball to match our 2005 one.

Then it’s back to POR, and I can’t say for sure but I think there was carrot cake for me and choc chip ice cream for Grumpy and some American TV. ;)

Monday 17th December

We’re all packed and in the car heading to MK for one final dose of Disney magic today and it's freezing!! :scared1: It is the first day that we have actually been cold and today’s the day that we decide to take the ferry over to MK – brrr.

sad.jpg

Our first stop is the Emporium and the shop is now well stocked with jumpers, hats, scarf’s and gloves! We buy a scarf and a Grumpy hoodie for Grumpy and a ‘Back off I’m Grumpy’ sticker for Grumpy’s car. I also add a Haunted Mansion license plate, to my collection. I am on a hunt for Minnie dressed in her Christmas gear but I cannot find one anywhere in MK and only days ago they had hundreds!!

With heavy hearts we say bye bye to MK and head to Downtown Disney on a hunt for a Christmas Minnie. We search high and low in Disney’s Days of Christmas and I swear I got one of the last 3 Christmas Minnie’s in the store! :lovestruc We also bought 3 Pluto Door hangers. We spend 10 minutes stuffing Minnie and the 3 Plutos into our suitcases and say our final goodbyes to Downtown Disney and make our way to the airport. :sad1:

Our flight is on time and it’s not until we are in the air that the pilot apologies to anyone who had ordered duty free on the way out to be collected on the way home as all the duty free for the passengers is not on this plane as this is the Manchester plane – now we’re flying into Gatwick or so we thought – I’m thinking how can that be, how can we have got on the wrong plane?!! :eek: Luckily a nearby air steward explains that we have essentially nicked the Manchester plane and that the poor folks that were flying to Manchester are currently waiting on our plane that is running two hours late. Cue sigh of relief as I am gambling with time for our connecting flights to Glasgow and a two hour delay would be cutting it mighty fine but what about the poor Manchester folks?! :hug:

We land at Gatwick and I thought it was cold at the MK yesterday :rotfl: we catch our connecting flight and we’re home safe and sound, counting down the days until we can book again.

Thanks for reading these last few updates, sorry if they have been a bit heavy on what we bought and where but I had to use our receipts to figure out what we were doing as it's been so long :laughing::rotfl2:

See ya real soon!!! (with our little Captain Jack in tow) pirate: xx

What a fab report Kirsteen. I love all the shopping you guys managed to do (I always take two empty large suitcases :lmao:)

We are too similar - we share a love of all things Disney, scrapbooking, shopping, handbags, fast food, both married to Grumpy's and now our new found passion for Pandora. :goodvibes

What a fab report Kirsteen. I love all the shopping you guys managed to do (I always take two empty large suitcases :lmao:)

We are too similar - we share a love of all things Disney, scrapbooking, shopping, handbags, fast food, both married to Grumpy's and now our new found passion for Pandora. :goodvibes

Thank you for stopping by - we do love our shopping :goodvibes

teehee and you have every Pandora charm on my wish list - we are definitely twinnies!! :rotfl:

What a lovely report, glad that you had such a lovely honeymoon. :)

I wish I had known about Johann's last time I was there. :)

Just caught up with this one - although it did seem to be a long time in the making so it's just as well I didn't start reading at the beginning :lmao:

Very good TR and some great pics. Any plans to go back anytime soon?

What a lovely report, glad that you had such a lovely honeymoon. :)

I wish I had known about Johann's last time I was there. :)

Thank you :goodvibes This was the first trip that I knew about Joanns too, it is well worth a visit next time :thumbsup2

Just caught up with this one - although it did seem to be a long time in the making so it's just as well I didn't start reading at the beginning :lmao:

Very good TR and some great pics. Any plans to go back anytime soon?

:lmao: I really wish I'd finished it at the time as I could remember SO much more :rolleyes1 We're hoping to go back in 2011 with our little one - Captain Jack :goodvibes

What a fab report. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for stopping by :thumbsup2

I think you did brilliantly remembering so much!!! :worship: I find it tough enough piecing together what we did last weekend... :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Anyway, enjoyed reading about your Disneymoon and look forward to your first family trip in 2011 - there are a lot of Pandora stores that demand attention... :goodvibes

I think you did brilliantly remembering so much!!! :worship: I find it tough enough piecing together what we did last weekend... :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Anyway, enjoyed reading about your Disneymoon and look forward to your first family trip in 2011 - there are a lot of Pandora stores that demand attention... :goodvibes

It's so true Karen, I'll have lots and lots of Pandora receipts to help me write my trippie next time :lmao::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter