Grumpy and Minnie do Disney - the one with the honeymoon - finally complete!

Kirsteen

DIS Veteran
Cast members:

Me - Loves everything Minnie ::MinnieMo
DH - We'll call him Grumpy pirate:

Honeymoon Trip Report

Sunday 2nd December

Finally we’re packed and ready to go home. Yes, I said home. :confused3

Grumpy and I tied the knot yesterday and we are leaving the hotel this morning. I’ve chased the manager all over the hotel collecting all our wedding gubbins, a billion cars are packed with wedding paraphernalia and we’ve said our teary goodbyes to everyone too ill to face the drive home yet, well I blubbed, Grumpy said things like ‘right are we ready…’ ‘ok so we better head…’.

The Happy Couple:
newlyweds.jpg

Just under an hour later and we are home and the wedding gubbins starts to pour from the cars, up the stairs and into the spare room – we close the door. The cases are packed, well sort of, there are still a few things to be packed/ironed/found so I flap and bark orders at Grumpy while he chats and does bugger all – situation normal. Cases packed, luggage tags written, chauffeurs arrived (aka our Bestman and Bridesmaid aka my newly acquired BIL and his fiancée and we’re waving goodbye to the furry member of the family – Charlie Cat and his slaves ahem sitters for the next two weeks (my new SIL and her fiancé – anyone would think we plan weddings as a hobby).

We are ejected at Edinburgh airport and begin to make a speedy advance into the terminal building. Babbling through my last minute checks; passports, tickets, cases, mind, iPod – Grumpy announces that he has left his in the car. His iPod not his mind (no one knows where that is…) so he jumps on the blower and has the chauffeurs do a lap of the car park and they arrive back at the drop off point to deposit the iPod. iPod in hand we make our way into the terminal. It’s been two years since our last trip to Orlando and two years since our last holiday so we scratch our heads wondering what to do with these new fangled machines that look a bit like small cash machines. A nice lady from BA points us in the right direction. Checked in and luggage dropped we head upstairs to the departure lounge. We’re flying to Gatwick this evening. After all the dieting and being tied into my wedding dress the day before I head straight for WH Smith and buy naughty crisps (anything that doesn’t taste like cardboard), chocolate and a normal Coke. I’ve died and gone to heaven I’m so happy, I think I’m blinding everyone with my toothy smile.

We watch the planes for a while and before we know it we’re boarding. Grumpy has never been on a BA flight so is suitably impressed with the size of the seats but is it a little preoccupied with the size of the plane – ‘it’s small isn’t it?’. I assure him it’ll be fine and we’re off. Before we know it we are landing in Gatwick. We move quickly through baggage collection (sigh of relief from me that our cases made it on the first leg of our journey hurrah) and make our way through the airport across to the South terminal to the Hilton where we are laying our hats tonight. The room is nice and with grumbling bellies we check out room service.

Grumpy shows us his 'jazz hands' :cool1:
jazzhands.jpg

There is nothing, nada on the room service menu that we fancy so we high tail across to the terminal building. We grab ourselves a Burger King and would you believe it, it’s ‘the best Burger King we’ve had in a long time’. We devour the lot and relish in the thought that we are on holiday. We have a quick shifty around the terminal and head back over to the hotel. It’s considerably darker than when we left it… there is a power cut but they are sorting it out. By the time we have shuffled back from the power has been restored. Grumpy watches a little TV and I beat a hasty retreat to the land of nod. Zzzzzz

What a lovely start, looking forward to reading more. Your wedding picture is lovely.

Laur's princess:

Thanks for all your comments guys - it's my first trippie and I'm really enjoying reliving our holiday :goodvibes

Congratulations :0)

Looking forward to hear about your Disneymoon

Great start ~ Looking forward to reading more.

Lovely wedding photo.

Thanks for reading guys and for all the lovely comments. Here's the next installment...

Monday 3rd December

We wake up this morning feeling refreshed having had the ‘best sleep in a long time’. We shower, dress and head down to restaurant to partake in some full English breakfast shenanigans – yummy. Back up to the room we put the final touches on the packing, add the new luggage tags and checkout. Adios Hilton, hello VA plane to Orlando.

We check-in, drop off our cases and head to the departure lounge. I want to wander around the shops but Grumpy can’t understand why someone would want to do such a thing. :confused3 Finally I deposit Grumpy in a chair and plug his iPod in and away I go. I can’t wait to hit the shops in Orlando. I return and fill out the various forms. I refuse to fill out Grumpys. I’m not all bad – I let him copy mine. :flower3: Soon we are boarding. We’ve never flown with VA before and we v are impressed – muchas room and we have three seats to ourselves and being only 4’11” I only need two seats to lie down – result! Grumpy is overjoyed with the seat back TV and the film choices and is busy planning his viewing for the flight ahead. I watch Transformers and Knocked Up and Grumpy watches Transformers and The Bourne Ultimatum. We have chicken tikka for dinner and before we know it (there’s a lot of that in this trippie! - time flies when you are having fun!) we’re landing at MCO.

Hurrah we’re here! :banana: :cheer2: Through to passport control and as always I pick a queue and Grumpy wants to move to the shorter queue. Grumpy furrows his brows and I mutter about patience and virtue and we move to the shorter queue. About half an hour later we realise Grumpy has moved us into the slowest moving queue on the planet – go figure. I relish in the ‘I told you so’s’ and Grumpy eats humble pie. Soon we’re through and collecting our luggage (cue second sign of relief from me as both our cases make it). We collect our car from Dollar – thanks to the DISS we’re in the Express queue and we’re on our way in no time (second helping of humble pie for Grumpy - he was sceptical about signing up for Dollar Express – all knowing smile from me). ;)

Our hire car
car.jpg

We arrive at the Grand Floridian at around 8pm. We make use of the valet parking and a bellboy helps us with our luggage. After check-in the bellboy offers to give us a guided tour of the hotel which we think is a lovely touch. Wow, wow, wow. The lobby is gorgeous and smells of cinnamon – I could live here forever.

The Lobby
grandlobby.jpg

Our room is lush – we can’t believe we are here, here really we’re here, in the Grand Floridian, me and Grumpy. We didn’t book the Grand, we were upgraded from the Animal Kingdom Lodge due to the construction work – now that’s what I call pixie dust! :wizard:

Our Room
sign.jpg

roomno.jpg

ourroom.jpg

tv.jpg

sinks.jpg

The View
view.jpg

We hot foot it down to Gasparilla’s for a bite to eat. We have hotdogs and fries (my favourite choice for the whole holiday) and buy the refillable mugs too. Tummies full we take a walk around the resort and stop in at Sandy Cove to buy some Doritos. The resort is lovely and we never want to leave although we have to in 3 little days…

Sounds like the journey was as painless as possible. Your room at the Grand Flo is lovely, and I loved the view too. Looking forward to reading about your first full Orlando day :goodvibes

Laur's princess:

lovely room at Grand floridian:goodvibes

Great start to the holiday :goodvibes Cant wait to read more :thumbsup2

ooh thats a fab upgrade, ive always felt as if i would be uncomfortable at the GF :confused3 how did you find it ??

What a lovely room and how nice to be upgraded on your honeymoon.

Congratulations on getting married.

Looking forward to reading more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter